• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal for DASH RV Tour.

Simon

Hello, my name is Simon. I've been a long-term DASH fan and investor. I've watched from the sidelines as our currency has enjoyed a steady march to adoption and would like to be a part of the process. I know there is a date of April 2018 for the next major upgrade and I'm interested in doing a cross-country road trip to help promotion and adoption.

My proposal is to take an RV and travel across a set route meeting people and promoting the currency wherever and whenever I can. (The forum won't allow me to link to the route page, I'll add this to the proposal later.)

The route hits all 48 contiguous states.
It stops in National Natural Landmarks, National Historic Sites, National Parks, or National Monuments.
It hits 50 major landmarks, one in each state.
The route is approximately 14000 miles.
Some spots may be hard for an RV. I would imagine San Francisco cable cars might mean we park and jaunt in with our Dash Shirts. We'll do the best we can.
A link to the RV. (I will post when forum allows)

Here is a list of the Sites the DASH RV will be hitting.

So for the cost breakdown, the RV will be partially paid by the fund and partially paid by myself. 2/3rds funded by the DASH proposal, 1/3 by myself. It's cost is 72,000

Vehicle $58000.
Wrap $6000 approximately. Quote is being finalized and put into the actual proposal.
Gas mileage and other expenses for two months of touring. I'm working on the expense for this.

Here is a link to the vehicle.
Upon completion of the trip, I'm thinking about having it permanently stored in San Diego as a vacation spot for myself and other dash community users. This would be discounted for dash enthusiasts and then to the general public on Airbnb.

Possible suggested semi-permanent home for rentals: (I will post this link when the forum allows)

I'm thinking if the community approves this proposal then the vehicle could be used by Masternode Owners to vacation at and with a very competitive rate (possibly free). Somehow this would need to be figured out but I would manage the rentals and cover the ongoing fees for permanent parking through a monthly dash payout. Probably one dash per month.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Simon

ps all feedback welcomes. Thanks for reading and hope to see you on the tour. Meetups and other events could coincide with the trip. ?

Attachments

• best-road-trip-major-landmarks-900x482.png
    best-road-trip-major-landmarks-900x482.png
    595.1 KB · Views: 72
Hi Simon,

If you want to post links, you need to follow instructions given upon making a new profile here on the forum.

As for proposal.

This somehow does not have much of an ROI for Dash community since basically, you are asking from us to give you funds to buy a van and to pay for branding the same vehicle.

If this would be the situation of branding your van, it would be a different story.

Also, what are your plans to do with the vehicle after the traveling?

Hi Nebojsa,

thanks for replying.

I plan on paying a third of the vehicle. The vehicle will do the tour and upon completion, it will be stored at a long-term campsite in either San Diego and/or Palm Springs where it will be rented out to masternode users for a very reasonable price. I was going to place a link to the place I'm researching. There are resorts that will have secured resorts with pools and other vacation amenities and it can be there indefinitely and used by the community. If ever needed again for other events then it will be available for those. I will administer the rentals of it and I'm open to ideas.

Back