• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal Evaluation Committee

I agree there needs be a review committee of some sort. I've only skimmed a dozen or so and investigated two likely scam proposals - they amounted to tens of thousands lost that could have been avoided with proper due diligence (investigating the company: registered business name, trademark, copyrights, make some calls, etc.). I'm sure there's plenty more.
Thanx Nick. Hang around we are going to need a lot of input from the community to make this work.

Don't go to indepth on the final product, most attention spans are short these days.
Yea I know - boring as hell to read:( But we might be implementing soon and I need to get all the detail nailed down.
Hope someone will pick up on a crucial detail I missed.

@Biltong we should set up a skype call later this week, that's the fastest most efficient way to really get this going. This is as big project and undertaking as i'm sure you know. I'm thinking it will take at least an hour or so to get a solid game plan working and see where each other is at and what to expect in the next month. PM me when you are ready

I would be happy to join the committee. I have the time, willingness and skill to do the job.
Excellent! I'm talking to mastermined later this week and I'm sure we'll discuss the recruitment procedures for Evaluators. Will let you know what is decided :cool:

I still dont understand your proposal.
The evaluators are supposed to be the masternodes.
If we have paid evaluators, what will be the job of the masternodes?
Additionaly, how the evaluators will be nominated?
Can anyone become an evaluator?
Who will train them? Who will become the master evaluator?

Your proposal seems highly centralized. A master evaluator to rule them all.

Last edited:
@Biltong we should set up a skype call later this week, that's the fastest most efficient way to really get this going. This is as big project and undertaking as i'm sure you know. I'm thinking it will take at least an hour or so to get a solid game plan working and see where each other is at and what to expect in the next month. PM me when you are ready
Good to hear from you - Yep - every time I think I've got an idea of what is needed, I realize there is another 100 details I haven't thought about. Little baby monster and growing fast. But that always happens doesn't it? ;) Will PM you later this week

Last edited:
I still dont understand your proposal.
The evaluators are supposed to be the masternodes.
If we have paid evaluators, what will be the job of the masternodes?
Additionaly, how the evaluators will be nominated?
Can anyone become an evaluator?
Who will train them? Who will become the master evaluator?

Your proposal seems highly centralized. A master evaluator to rule them all.
Answers here https://goo.gl/Ug3uvD

Last edited:
You are trying to built a pyramid, an hierarchy, and a centralized system. This is exactly what cryptocurrency tries to avoid. Decentralization is the moto in most cryptocurrrencies, and this moto is inherited by bitcoin and the first pioneers of crypto.

So your idea is a reversed idea, better go propose something like that to a bank. In a bank you can find paid evaluators who decide the good projects to be funded. Humanity already has the banks, humanity already has the wordwide monetary system, so no need to re-invent the wheel here in Dash. Dash is supposed to be the new, not the old.

Last edited:
You are trying to built a pyramid, an hierarchy, and a centralized system.
This is exactly what cryptocurrency tries to avoid.
Decentralization is the moto in most cryptocurrrencies, and this moto is inherited by bitcoin and the first pioneers of crypto.
So your idea is a reversed idea, better go propose something like that to a bank.
Don't agree - I asked you to read higher up the thread where it was discussed before, but you did not bother to do that, did you? Go well Demo ;)

Last edited:
How would you do it then? Oh - and I really hate banks!

By giving voting rights to as many people as you can, by voting the numbers, by implementing tree-like structured interdependant polls and by introducing people to the conditional votes. By giving to the voters the correct tools in order to be able to express themselves and to decide accurately.

but we can't decide on a thousands of proposals per month. Can we? (MN owners)

Humans are not scalable.I think the 'monitor' procedure is a suggestion.

but we can't decide on a thousands of proposals per month. Can we? (MN owners)

Humans are not scalable.I think the 'monitor' procedure is a suggestion.

You can increase the number of those who can vote. That way you can decide thousands of proposals. Given enough eyeballs, all proposals residing in the proposal tree can be evaluated-voted.

And not per month! The month finalization of a proposal is a wrong idea. Proposals should always stay in the appropriate branch of the tree and wait to reach a threshold, in order to be able to be funded in the next budget cycle.

The idea is that everybody can post his ideas in the specific place of the tree, but the ideas do not expire every month. They are always there, classified in the correct branch of the interdependent polls tree, and wait until they reach the decided (by the voters) threshold (of the required number of votes). If they reach the threshold then the best of them can be funded by the allocated budged . So the voters are not in a hurry. Neither those who propose the ideas are in a hurry, they have plenty of time to advertise themselves and convince the voters that the decision tree should evolve to this or to that direction.

Last edited:
I for one don't want the bureaucracy;
I don't want to pay for it;
I don't want the politics that comes with it;
I don't want the corruption.

So, no thanks.

By giving voting rights to as many people as you can, by voting the numbers, by implementing tree-like structured interdependant polls and by introducing people to the conditional votes. By giving to the voters the correct tools in order to be able to express themselves and to decide accurately.
Interesting. Have you done a proposal for this already? Please post the link. If you haven’t – won’t it be a good idea to do a pre-proposal so we can see what you mean; how it will work and what will have to change to make it happen.

Back