• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: 'Decentralize All the Profits!' expense reimbursement

amanda_b_johnson

The team of DASH: Detailed will be hitting 4 cities in November to speak at the following meetups on behalf of Dash:

Salt Lake City – SLC Bitcoin Meetup, Nov 10
Minneapolis – University of Minnesota, Nov 16.
Austin – Decentralized Tech meetup @ Brave New Books, Nov. 27
Albuquerque – University of New Mexico, Nov. 29

(Meetup locales/times)

The name of our presentation is “Decentralize All the Profits: How Digital Currency Can Grow Sustainable Infrastructure.” It will present the features unique to Dash which have set us on the opposite trajectory of most (or all?) cryptos, namely that we’re becoming more decentralized over time, not less. What’s more, it will illustrate why decentralization of profits is crucial to long-term success of crypto networks, not optional. We'll also distribute Dash giveaways like stickers and bags, which Evan Duffield has agreed to provide to us.

We will incur, and are asking for reimbursement for, the following 3 expenses:

- Venue rental in Salt Lake City, $60 (7 Dash)
- Providing refreshments at each meetup, $80/meetup x 4 = $320 (39 Dash)
- A handheld microphone w/ recorder for audience to use during Q&A, $200 (24 Dash)

TOTAL w/ 5 Dash fee reimbursement = 75 Dash

We hope to receive your ‘yes’ vote to cover these expenses! The presentations will either be published on YouTube separately, or – more cleverly – spliced into one video using elements of all four of them.

(Here are the recording pieces we’ll order from Amazon, should you care to peruse:)
Recorder
Handheld mic
Cord
Wind screen

Vote YES from wallet:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many c516ee11906bc07548fe301a8d2a9067db45648870bd57adb32d0e5952297262 yes

Vote NO from wallet:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many c516ee11906bc07548fe301a8d2a9067db45648870bd57adb32d0e5952297262 no

This proposal goes into the category of "no brainer" for me. Initiatives like this are how we are going to grow Dash Nation in a "grassroots" manner. A big yes.

I understand these proposals, however should all the focus be in the US? After all this technology is world wide, and I wonder how much are we promoting DASH outside of the US. Brazil, China, Russia, Australia, Japan, etc.

I for once would love to give a talk on the next Anarcapulco fest in Mexico, and also maybe extend the Spanish speaking community. The same goes for LaBitConf in Argentina on December and other LaTam based events.

Regards.

I understand these proposals, however should all the focus be in the US? After all this technology is world wide, and I wonder how much are we promoting DASH outside of the US. Brazil, China, Russia, Australia, Japan, etc.

I for once would love to give a talk on the next Anarcapulco fest in Mexico, and also maybe extend the Spanish speaking community. The same goes for LaBitConf in Argentina on December and other LaTam based events.

Regards.

why don't you write a proposal ?
there are other international community proposals going too ;)

Bump up the ante...

DASH & Co. should purchase something similar to this PA, plus recorder and a wireless mic system.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EPS500MP3

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1116977-REG/zoom_zh4nsp_h4nsp_handy_recorder.html

https://www.amazon.com/Shure-BLX288...al-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1477839731&sr=1-13

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-UWPD11-...477840015&sr=1-1&keywords=lavalier+microphone

The list above was a quick inspection of the online marketplace and not necessarily advice on particular models of equipment.

IMO, those persons making DASH presentations should conduct a 'shout-out' for audio Pro's or advice to engage a professional to determine equipment necessary.

I would additionally encourage JZA to generate interest outside Estados Unidos !

Best
rc

...the above elements are based upon my perception that a pair of speakers with amplifier would suffice in most the venues I have seen.
(There should be provision for an additional pair.)

The Zoom recorders are quite good, though there are competitors.

A pair of wireless lavalier mics would be critical.

A pair of wireless 'audience' mics would be valuable for 'pass-around' during Q & A periods, and they could constitute back-ups for the lavalier system.

A mixing board would be quite valuable.

This entire system should easily be contained within a purpose built crate for common carrier shipping at minimal expense.

Back