• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Dash Electrum Support and Development Mar 2019

Will you fund this?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

akhavr

Proposal is available here https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DashElectrumMar2019

Overview:

Electrum is probably the most popular open-source SPV wallet for bitcoin. Early 2017 I've picked up maintenance and support for DASH Electrum. Since then, I've assembled a small team of three developers. This is a proposal to fund the continuing development and support for Dash Electrum.

Scope and deliverables:
Since last proposal, we've

Execution and Schedule:
Work already performed or in progress. Deliverables are released publicly as soon as they are ready.

Roadmap:

We are positioning Dash Electrum as the default front-end for dash ecosystem, with focus on privacy by default.

Our current roadmap is the following:
  • keep up with the upstream development
  • submission of Android version to Google Play and FDroid
  • instantsend support
  • coding in the new Bluetooth hardware wallet support, including mobile support (with cooperation with HIDEEZ)
  • privatesend support
  • applets/plugins:
    • masternode monitoring
    • budget proposals monitoring (incl. discussions)
    • pay for fiat services
    • point of sales
    • shared masternodes
Note that we're working half time on the project, so things take longer than we expect.

About me:
I'm active software developer for over 25 years and for last 15 years I develop mainly in Python. I'm in DASH since late 2014 (you can track my posts on the forum). I package dash electrum for more a year now.

Amount requested:
This time we will request 3-month funding that would cover our burn rate at current exchange rate which is $92.77USD/Dash at the moment of this post.

Budget calculation:
  • proficit at the Mar 5th: 7.84DASH
  • burn rate: 55.54DASH for 3 month = 166.62DASH
  • proposal submission fee: 5DASH
Total: ~180DASH over 3 month or 60DASH per month.

To provide transparency, funds would be directed to a separate wallet, as with previous proposal.

In case of DASH appreciation, any leftover funds would be spent to extend the duration of the project. In case of DASH depreciation, we will go into a deficit mode again and will submit a new proposal after the end of this 3month period.

More info:

Last edited:
Code:
Final voting deadline:    in 22 hours
Votes:    506 Yes / 83 No / 19 Abstain
Will be funded:    No. This proposal needs additional 44 Yes votes to become funded.

Hi OP,

As you said in your post, coding in the new Bluetooth hardware support. Is there any chance that you have incorporated the tech by Widcomm who used to provide Software Solutions for Bluetooth Wireless Products. Although the company was later acquired by Broadcomm.
http://www.widcomm.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back