• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: dash-electrum development and support Q2 2018

Will you fund this? Please, only MNO

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

akhavr

Update: Please, support the proposal at https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DashElectrumMay2018

You can manually vote for it by entering
Code:
gobject vote-many b430e1c88197cd773fc52d393814b106ff5551309dbb5ea48deeee9b427b4f5e funding yes
in your dash wallet.

Overview:

Electrum is probably the most popular open-source SPV wallet for bitcoin. Last year I've picked up maintenance and support for Electrum-DASH. Since then, I've assembled a small team (of me and two other developers). This is third proposal: first one was funded year ago and second one - Feb this year.

Scope and deliverables:
Since last proposal, we've done:
  • released 2.9.4
  • released 3.0.6 (with the upgrade to python3)
  • published Ubuntu PPA for easier maintenance under Ubuntu systems
  • fixed issues with Trezor on some systems
Execution and Schedule:
Work already performed or in progress. Deliverables are released publicly as soon as they are ready.

Roadmap:
  • keep up with the upstream development (now at 3.1.3)
  • release android version
  • Tor support both for server and client
  • research and implement Dash-specific features like Instant Send, Private Send and Masternode monitoring
  • integrate with OpenBazaar and other shopping API, starting with local Ukrainian ones
  • adjust priorities according community feedback

About me:

I'm active software developer for over 25 years and for last 15 years I develop mainly in Python. I'm in DASH since late 2014 (you can track my posts on the forum). I package electrum-dash for more a year now.

Amount requested:
In Feb 2018 I've requested 100DASH at ~740$ per DASH with the expectation that this would allow us to run 6-8 month. Unfortunately, since then DASH exchange rate dropped, so we've used the funds much faster than expected.

As of May 14th 30day SMA is 450.896$ per DASH. Our burn rate right now is about $10k per month. To execute this roadmap I request 200DASH (~$90K) which would allow us to run until the end of the year, at current exchange rate.

Update. Since you've requested, we're splitting the amount in two installments: two 100DASH payments, one on Jun 3rd and the next on Jul 2nd.

If DASH will appreciate during the course of this proposal, we will use the remaining funds to extend the project duration. If DASH will depreciate, we will submit another proposal as the funds would dry up.

More info:

Last edited:
Looks like a great proposal in my opinion.

Can you elaborate about "integrate with OpenBazaar and other shopping API, starting with local Ukrainian ones"? Why is this needed?

Can you elaborate about "integrate with OpenBazaar and other shopping API, starting with local Ukrainian ones"? Why is this needed?

My vision is to have DASH spendable right out the (everyday) wallet. Just imagine being able to browse store catalog and with a single tap order and pay from your DASH wallet securely?

Going to start with my local API's because my friends at Paytomat have operational and liquid crypto-to-fiat gateway that's integrated with several services (taxi, food delivery, restaurants) in Kyiv and Ukraine. When this would be working, we'll expand to other integrations.

Proposal looks good. You could split it into 2 installments to avoid bumping out others. Best of luck.

Thanks, I'm also considering doing this. Planning to submit my proposal around Monday, will check what the proposal list will look then..

The one question I always have for people who come back to make up for funds lost due to depreciation of the market value of Dash: Do you have any plans for excess funds if Dash significantly appreciates in the interim if and when you are funded? Other than that, what you do is important and I'll definitely support your efforts.

The one question I always have for people who come back to make up for funds lost due to depreciation of the market value of Dash: Do you have any plans for excess funds if Dash significantly appreciates in the interim if and when you are funded? Other than that, what you do is important and I'll definitely support your efforts.

As I've wrote in the pre-proposal:

If DASH will appreciate during the course of this proposal, we will use the remaining funds to extend the project duration

Today we've released 3.0.6.2 minor release. Changes 3.0.6:

- Added back translation (locale) support
- Released Android version
- Fixed ledger support
- Some minor UI quirks

With this we transition this pre-proposal to the proposal stage.

@akhavr,
Does Dash Electrum wallet can be install from google play ?
Its not posible from my android phone to find him (it can be cause the country restrition, IDK).

If its no the case, i think, for easy use and as a payed service from the DAO than its must be possible for simple users to find it in google play.

Regards,

@akhavr,
Does Dash Electrum wallet can be install from google play ?
Its not posible from my android phone to find him (it can be cause the country restrition, IDK).

If its no the case, i think, for easy use and as a payed service from the DAO than its must be possible for simple users to find it in google play.

Right now, the only way to install Dash Electrum on Android is directly from github releases page: https://github.com/akhavr/electrum-dash/releases

We haven't yet got to submitting it to Google Play. When we will, we will add it to other appstores, like F-Droid, as well.

Reactions: JOL
Back