• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Core Team Public Relations (July)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Community

I’ve seen the comments and wanted to provide you with my opinion: If this proposal does not pass, I believe the impact will be immediate and severe for business development specifically and Dash Core Group more generally. Even if efforts began immediately, there will be a gap in our PR for some amount of time as potential partners are interviewed, selected and on-boarded. Assuming they are intimately familiar with Dash, then they’d be able to start contributing, otherwise there would be an education component as well. This would immediately impact business development’s value proposition to partners being currently negotiated as well as targeted.

Business development is one of the main users of Wachsman PR. It’s a strong component of the value proposition we bring to the table when discussing potential integrations. While it’s not my intent to begin commenting on proposals, I wanted to provide additional detail supporting the value Wachsman adds to the Dash network and the work we do. Wachsman provides us with many key services that have played important, albeit not always visible, roles to the success of Dash Core Group’s business development efforts. Some examples include press releases about our latest partner integrations, end-to-end support on conferences and events, interviews/Q&A/thought piece opportunities, crisis management (such as when Ryan’s accounts were hacked), and media training for Dash Core Group management.

The best PR is often that one that is best at being unseen because they’re focused on the client (Dash) being in the limelight. However, I recognise that you may not have sufficient detail to evaluate their performance in your role as shareholders of the network. If funded, we will communicate this moving forward. To quickly summarise:
  • We currently held a strategy meeting in Dublin during a conference, where Wachsman flew in several members of their New York staff to attend. There we started to update and build out the framework for our PR strategy given changes to our strategy, website, rebranding and ultimately Evolution.
  • Wachsman has helped organise all conference related tasks at 12 separate events in 8 countries. These have included strategising, contacting journalists, meticulously preparing for interviews, arranging speaking engagements, negotiating booth placement, merchandise production and logistics, and booth designs, negotiations, and much more.
  • They have also secured 180+ media placements (articles/tv appearances), 30 of which are mainstream media and the remaining 134 of them are with cryptocurrency industry related media agencies. In addition, Wachsman has also secured 30 Q&A/Interviews/thought pieces. These media appearances include Forbes, Fox Business, Business Insider, Reuters, and Fortune among many others. The results of a recently completed week-long media tour in New York included additional mainstream publications which plan to publish articles within the next 3-4 weeks.
  • Full detail can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bDoz9FpuMgizXYPCUxhFhKpFKixyKxfh/view?usp=sharing
These all play an important part in our ability to integrate with various companies and industries, and ultimately expand our ecosystem. In fact, with many of the companies we speak with, our ability to publicise our relationships is an important factor when we conduct partnerships. I hear what many people are saying with respect to the image of Dash as a privacy coin. The challenge is that whilst I can empathise, the process of changing a brand image is not done instantly. This takes an uninterrupted PR effort to move the needle. I do not believe that a new PR agency would be able to achieve better results. We’ve worked with four firms in the past and thus far, Wachsman is the only firm that has delivered any mainstream media appearances for Dash. Additionally, the idea that another PR firm would be able to work for a team focused on PR to deliver mainstream media attention has already been tried. Finally, the Wachsman team really are believers in Dash and what we are trying to accomplish. I can’t overstate how important that type of synergy, let alone history, is to our PR efforts on the business development front.

I understand that even if the vote isn’t an outcome I’d like to see, this is how the DAO works and I respect the collective decision. Thank you again for your consideration.

Best

Brad

Is Wachsman PR still working with @DashRacer and @DEMOincubator_Escrow on Dash's "long-term relationship" with Fanduel?

I ask because of reports Fanduel has been forcibly liquidated and sold, as seen here:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/busin...ive-no-cash-from-sale-to-paddy-power-betfair/

May we have an update on the situation and if possible hard numbers on how much has been spent vs how much is still in escrow?

I know @JOL and others helped vet this proposal but didn't see this particular situation covered on the dashcentral thread.

Sold and changing hands? Yes. "forcibly liquidated"? No. Fanduel will still be an operating concern, and our contract with Fanduel accounts for change of ownership and is still in force. The term "liquidated" suggests the company will cease to exist. That is not true in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back