• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Conferences & Travel - impact CEE

Ryan Taylor

Foundation Member
This is a cross-post from www.dashcentral.org/p/cnf-impactcee-201612

This proposal seeks funding for Dash to participate in “impact CEE” – a fintech conference in Wroclaw Poland on December 7th and 8th. Impact CEE is one of the largest fintech conferences in the CEE region.

Coinfirm – our compliance partner – is presenting for 90 minutes and has invited Dash to participate in the presentation, which is intended to show how accepting Dash with compliance services from Coinfirm can ease adoption of crypto-currency for financial institutions. Robert Weicko @kot will provide an overview of Dash from a functional perspective, focused on demonstrating our advantages for investors, payment processors, merchants, exchanges, and the fintech industry generally.

Impact CEE expects over 500 participants this year and features a “blockchain, cryptocurrency, and cybersecurity” program. Full details about the event can be found here: http://impactcee.com/

There is no cost to Dash for participation in the conference, other than flights, ground transportation, and accommodations. We estimate total expenses at approximately $1,500 USD.

If you have additional questions about the conference, please ask them on the Dash Forum and append @kot to your question.

Requested funding is as follows for the December 4th budget cycle:
Total: 175.69 Dash

Note: Any unused budget will be applied toward future conferences and travel expenses

Manually vote YES on this proposal:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 6dddd06d852bd2db64b5b963521ecea4c9693cfbe618e5e18202da9e57c4057d yes
OR from the qt console:
mnbudget vote-many 6dddd06d852bd2db64b5b963521ecea4c9693cfbe618e5e18202da9e57c4057d yes

Manually vote NO on this proposal:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 6dddd06d852bd2db64b5b963521ecea4c9693cfbe618e5e18202da9e57c4057d no
OR from the qt console:
mnbudget vote-many 6dddd06d852bd2db64b5b963521ecea4c9693cfbe618e5e18202da9e57c4057d no

Last edited:
Will Coinbase and the IRS be present? Can we help integrate with the IRS?

In order to assist Coinfirm - suddenly our "compliance partner" - I think it would be a good idea we initiate a Masternode Compliance Programme. We should at the very least require all MN owners to identify themselves, to demonstrate we are not beyond the reach of law. We must be accountable to law.

Will Coinbase and the IRS be present? Can we help integrate with the IRS?

In order to assist Coinfirm - suddenly our "compliance partner" - I think it would be a good idea we initiate a Masternode Compliance Programme. We should at the very least require all MN owners to identify themselves, to demonstrate we are not beyond the reach of law. We must be accountable to law.
Coinfirm provides compliance services to companies (centralized entities) that are subject to regulation. They have been and will continue to be subject to regulation. We can either ignore the needs of these businesses, or ensure a solution exists that allows them to integrate with Dash. This has nothing to do with regulation of the network itself to be absolutely clear.

Coinfirm provides compliance services to companies (centralized entities) that are subject to regulation. They have been and will continue to be subject to regulation. We can either ignore the needs of these businesses, or ensure a solution exists that allows them to integrate with Dash. This has nothing to do with regulation of the network itself to be absolutely clear.

This has everything to do with regulation of the dash network. There is no store of value that isn't a slave to lawmakers... or else, in their eyes, a conduit for money laundering. There are strict laws for loyalty points, strict laws for lotteries... what makes you think dash is different to everything else? Let me guess, dash is just a pipe and not subject to regulation? - wrong.. that would be like saying, google is just a pipe for information, therefore no need to block fake news sites, or piracy sites, or even eu laws for "the right to be forgotten". The fact is, every day google removes tens of thousands of links. Do you think google wouldn't abide by data retention laws? - or assist in the tracking and monitoring of individuals? For even if google said no - haha, not a chance! - they surely wouldn't or couldn't stop the insertion of black boxes on the edges of their network. Do you think Evan, the face of dash, could never be held to account for being complicit in money laundering? - without some kind of mechanism for accountability? Or members of the core team coerced into inserting "accidental bugs" in the code? Aaah, is that why there isn't a single core member willing to give greater priority to improving dash's privacy?

Go ahead core team, prove me wrong and counter all this compliance shit with a greater commitment to improving dash's privacy. But core won't when it's far more convenient to let dash's privacy rot into oblivion.

I think this is great, Dash getting invited for free to participate in fintech, that says allot :)

My question is how did you arrive at the total expenses = 1500$
There needs to be a breakdown of costs when submitting proposals like this.

I did a quick check how much it could cost to fly from Iceland to Poland (Wroclaw) and back, staying 3 nights at a 5 star hotel in the city center, came out 853$
Shure.. there is transport, food and salary also in there, just saying that It would be nice in the future to break the travel expenses down.

I thought Kot was living in Poland, guess Im wrong about that :p

I am Polish but I live in Switzerland.

Edit: Estimated cost breakdown structure:
Flight: c.a. 1100 CHF (operated by Lufthansa or LOT) - there are cheaper options but the travel time is between 12 and 23 hours v.s 3 hours by Lufthansa/LOT
Hotel (2 nights): c.a 150 USD
Transportation: c.a 100 USD
Marketing materials (design and print): c.a. 150 USD

Last edited:
I do agree with the costs as i was thinking to go as well paid from my pocket. The flight ticket is ~1100eur from Italy without the hotel.

Back