• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Cash Alternative TV Equipment

TaoOfSatoshi

vyrYDBq.png

Hi. I'm Tao Of Satoshi.

Maybe you are aware I have started a YouTube channel called Cash Alternative TV (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFCPtS8sViGO_NpKnS2rpg). I started out doing a couple of videos last year about the Dash N' Drink and Exmo's integration of InstantX. Then, I abandoned my YouTube adventure for a while until I came up with a solid plan and subjects to talk about.

Now, I have that plan. The war on cash in full swing: With devaluation eroding wealth and demonetisation forcing people to use government tracked electronic transactions, people are going to be looking for alternatives. That is where I will take my channel. I will lead them to Dash through my informative and uplifting videos. I plan to have a community-based feel, and I will make it a point to show off the amazing Dash community wherever I can.

My subscriber base is small right now, but it rose considerably since I started making new videos, and anyone who knows me knows that I won't stop until it becomes much higher, and Dash becomes the go-to alternative to cash like it has the tools to do so. I will be another voice advocating for Dash.

In order to put my best face out there, I will need to invest in higher-quality equipment. I have purchased a background and stand already, but I require a higher end camcorder and stand, as well as a quality microphone. To that end I am asking for funding.

I have done my research, and have chosen the following items to serve me on my video journey to promote Dash:

Panasonic HC-V770 HD Camcorder (USD 447.00) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RBG5J0...olid=2POCSOD4QOS0Y&coliid=IADYOTFSJFX9O&psc=1

Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum Tripod Kit (USD 159.99) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003WKOEN...lid=2POCSOD4QOS0Y&coliid=I3QWOW5O8OM82D&psc=1

Canon EOS Rebel T5i Digital Camera External Microphone (USD 18.95) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H4I557...UTF8&colid=2POCSOD4QOS0Y&coliid=I7JVJFFVRG3L6

Total: USD 624.95 (approx. 61.5 DASH at $10.19 per Dash)

Please help me to promote Dash as an alternative to cash properly on YouTube. I am not asking for funding to do the show, I will do it for free.

Thanking you in advance,

Tao.

Manual vote yes: ./dash-cli mnbudget vote-many d310099c83404f7482a3dab853f0234bc11fef13160218f4301554ce8e15aa07 yes

Manual vote no: ./dash-cli mnbudget vote-many d310099c83404f7482a3dab853f0234bc11fef13160218f4301554ce8e15aa07 no

Good proposal - I will support it!

The only thing is - I would ask @amanda_b_johnson (and Pete) to advice you about best solutions... They have lots of experience and the quality of their video is great.

For example lighting equipment is very important to get good result and so on...

Good luck!

Good proposal - I will support it!

The only thing is - I would ask @amanda_b_johnson (and Pete) to advice you about best solutions... They have lots of experience and the quality of their video is great.

For example lighting equipment is very important to get good result and so on...

Good luck!
Thanks, @alex-ru for your support! Yes, I will definitely seek advice on how to produce higher quality videos. They have given me some pointers already, and I will continue to bug them...
@amanda_b_johnson @TrustThyself

Thanks, @alex-ru for your support! Yes, I will definitely seek advice on how to produce higher quality videos. They have given me some pointers already, and I will continue to bug them...
@amanda_b_johnson @TrustThyself

i would do the opposite
why copy amanda - she has that well covered
i would suggest to go totally opposite and different style

I haven't meant copying Amanda's style, but using others experience (not only Amanda's) to spend money on equipment the most effective way...

I am completely support any other format of videos, @TaoOfSatoshi may be action GoPro camera episodes directly from Canada's streets? :p
It will be interesting (in addition to Dash info) for people from other countries... :)

What about something like this? :)

Last edited:
I hope it goes through my friend, you got my votes!

Pablo.

I voted NO. Spending more funds on unproven advertising is the reason. Not only that but alternative to cash is not really gonna get people to use DASH.

I didn't saw your video before. Could you describe a little bit about the general content of your video? It is interview people on the street? Walkthrough about how to buy DASH and how to spend it?

使用Tapatalk 發送

I voted NO. Spending more funds on unproven advertising is the reason. Not only that but alternative to cash is not really gonna get people to use DASH.
I respect that. If you consider me unproven advertising, then that decision is sound. I will leave it to others to decide if they also consider me to be unproven advertising.

As far as an alternative to cash goes, this is exactly the market we should be targeting. Devaluation in some countries leads to evaporating wealth, Dash is a solution. Demonetization leads to a government-tracked electronic system, Dash offers an escape. Even in first world countries, Dash is considerably better than cash in a lot of ways. They just need to hear about it... ;)

Sorry I didn't get your vote.

I didn't saw your video before. Could you describe a little bit about the general content of your video? It is interview people on the street? Walkthrough about how to buy DASH and how to spend it?

使用Tapatalk 發送
It is a Dash variety show, that will focus on the ways that Dash presents an alternative to fiat money. I will also be covering Dash news and events. I picture working in tandem with Dash: Detailed in the future to better cover the Dashsphere.

I would say a 'big ass mic' is not always the best solution, most times you just want a wireless lapel mic. Specially if you want to be standing up or on the move. Check for example andreas talks where he sounds great evey thought he is giving a conference.

I would say a 'big ass mic' is not always the best solution, most times you just want a wireless lapel mic. Specially if you want to be standing up or on the move. Check for example andreas talks where he sounds great evey thought he is giving a conference.
Yes, originally that is what I'm going to use, and see how it goes.

Just a quick update about the funds given to me from the Dash network: I was a beneficiary of timing in two ways to acquire a nicer camera for my channel.

Instead of the Panasonic camcorder, because of Dash's temporary price rise and a nice sale at a Canadian camera retailer, I was able to purchase a Canon Rebel EOS t6i, which is known to be one of the better vlogging cameras. I'm really excited about it. The other two pieces (microphone and camera tripod) are ready for me to pick up, and I will do so tomorrow.

I have a very exciting episode coming up with some high-profile special guests. Watch for it!

Thanks again to the masternode network for your support,

Tao.

Back