• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PROPOSAL: Amanda to Present Evolution at Anarchapulco's “Cryptopulco”

amanda_b_johnson

Reimbursement to Amanda B. Johnson and Pete Eyre for travel and lodging in Acapulco, Mexico, where Amanda will present DASH Evolution at Anarchapulco's special day of “Cryptopulco” on February 28th. Pete will record presentation and upload it to YouTube the same day.

tnkjdft.png

Details:

Anarchapulco – billed as the world's first and largest anarcho-capitalist conference – is in its third year. The four-day event is expected to attract 700-1,000 attendees. Cryptocurrency has proven so popular a topic in the past that this year, it gets its own full day.

Speakers already slated for Cryptopulco include Roger Ver, Dan Larimer, and Jeffrey Tucker. Anarchapulco founder Jeff Berwick has recently invited Amanda to represent Dash in this lineup. Amanda and Pete's conference admission has been comp'ed.

We've already booked travel and lodging to lock-in the lowest prices.

Costs:
  • Flights (120 DASH) – two roundtrip tickets from Salt Lake City to Acapulco (with a layover)
  • Lodging (7.5 DASH) – four-nights lodging at a nearby, non-conference venue (less expensive)
  • Ground Transportation (2.5 DASH) – local buses or taxis in Acapulco
  • Vehicle Parking (4 DASH) – at a lot in Salt Lake City airport
  • Proposal Reimbursement (5 DASH)
Total: 139 DASH

Notes:
  • We've inquired about tabling space and are awaiting a response. If possible, we'll staff a table to do outreach throughout the event.
  • Last year the Dash treasury funded Juan Galt to present Dash (pre-Evolution) at Anarchapulco. His presentation “Dash is Better Money Than Bitcoin” was uploaded to YouTube and now has over 13,000 views.
  • Special thanks to community member Nibiruhybrid (aka “Mr. Hustle”) for initiating this conference appearance.
  • Exchange rate = 15 USD / DASH

[Original post at DashCentral]

How can a coin become popular if addressed to anarcho-capitalists? The capitalists are a few, so the coin will never become popular.

It would be a better idea to contact the anarcho-syndicalists (and the syndicalists in general), which are numerous. The syndicalists are above all workers, and maybe they will find the idea to sell their products using a cryptocurrency intriguing. What Dash lacks is of having people that are doing transactions with it, and not people that see Dash as a store of value, as a capital.

A well known anarcho-sydnicalist is Noam Chomsky.

Last edited:
So great!

I hope that in nearest future you and Pete will be able to travel around the world actively, promoting Dash in many other countries also.
You are always welcome in Moscow! :)
(yesterday I was speaking with local blockchain-meetups organisers - people don't know much about Dash, but they know about "cool Amanda": "It'll be great if we could see her in Moscow". :)

Last edited:
I think it is a bad idea to pay the advertisers in public, and everybody to see their fee in the budget system. Very few people believe an advertiser when they know he is paid. It is better to pay them secretely, then let them appear as evangelists.

Of course I dont know how this can happen, to pay the advertisers secretely and at the same time preserve the accountability of the advertisers and the control of where the money goes. Βut maybe someone could invent a protocol for that purpose.

Last edited:
I think it is a bad idea to pay the advertisers in public, and everybody to see their fee in the budget system.

Read carefuly:
139 DASH for this proposal - it is not "salary"!
It is compensation of their unavoidable expenses during traveling.

And only real Dash evangelists are asking for "Lodging (7.5 DASH) – four-nights lodging at a nearby, non-conference venue (less expensive)"
instead of "5-Stars-hotel - that they really deserve".

Last edited:
Read carefuly:
139 DASH for this proposal - it is not "salary"!
It is compensation of their unavoidable expenses during traveling.

And only real Dash evangelists are asking for "Lodging (7.5 DASH) – four-nights lodging at a nearby, non-conference venue (less expensive)"
instead of "5-Stars-hotel - that they are really deserves".

You are somehow right. But I am talking in general, and not for this specific case.

Of course a real evangelist is considered as someone who pays the expenses, as someone who does not expect his expenses to be paid (at least in this life :p). So the Dash representatives, if they want to appear as real evangelists, they should neither reveal nor advertise that all their expenses are paid.

Of course in the above "rule" there are exceptions:

If you talk to anarcho-capitalists, of course they like to know that you are paid, because their ideology is that everything should be paid, so they are cautious to everyone who acts for free. So, in that case, the representative has better to reveal to them his compensation, if it is not a big one of course and it covers only the expenses.

But if you talk to anarcho-syndicalists, which are the vast majority and a group that Dash should target, then better not reveal the representative's compensation. Because the anarcho-syndicalists are people who usally put their ideology above money, and they are cautious to everyone who is paid for advertising. The anarcho-syndicalists (and the syndicalists in general) like the real evangelists, so better not to reveal that you are not a real one when talking to them.

Last edited:
That's great news that you've been invited to this event, it's another fantastic opportunity to demonstrate the power of the Dash DAO and the upcoming Evolution release... and we all know that you'll slay it too! ;-)

It's a big YES from me.

Walter

Great news, i remember Juan Galt doing this last year and he made a great speech.
You guys have my full support. This is what our decentralized budget system is all about.

What are you offering here that is not already in one of the youtube videos? With Evolution being so far away to be realized, I really don't see the advantage in promoting it so much. I think it would be better to wait until it's out and ready to start promoting it, otherwise, people will completely forget about it or associate Dash with Vaporware. Evolution is aimed at the so-called "Grandmas". They will not be the people attending Cryptopulco
Oh, and I'm not trying to be critical of you Amanda, I think you're doing a great job at what you do

Last edited:
Back