• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: 10 New Dash Video Tutorials!

How would you vote on this proposal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you very much for reading this proposal again which is a resubmission of www.dashcentral.org/p/10-Video-Tutorials which was approved for March 2017 but was deleted during the 12.1 update. Would you vote again yes again on this new proposal to help me make a series of videos that I hope will be helpful to educate and promote new members of our community? I did the first two video tutorials already at
and

gobject vote-many 4b9c696c9ee85ea9b07baf92e8b28c36394fd1c9161fcacd65b9f8cc0347ae52 funding yes

When you vote yes, I agree to make 10 screen capture tutorials about Dash all with a common theme averaging 5 to 10 minutes each in length AND combine those into one "Beginner to Advanced" master tutorial which will take a complete beginner into the middle of our community AND upload those on my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/jerrybanfield. After watching Amanda B. Johnson's videos in her Dash Detailed show, I was inspired to make this proposal which I hope compliments her show and brings more enthusiastic members to our community!

Why screen capture video tutorials? Video tutorials are the most powerful way I know of online to get people to learn WHY to use Dash and immediately follow that up with HOW to get started. You are here with me today because I have two friends that sold me on WHY Dash is awesome. When I was ready to learn HOW to get started, I looked for video tutorials to help me get started with the basics of setting up a wallet and hosting a masternode.

Even with intense motivation to get involved, it took me weeks of Googling, reading, getting frustrated, giving up, and coming back to try again in order to get my masternode setup. I am grateful Perry Wooden with Node40 had great tutorials on his website AND took the time to chat with me personally right when I was having trouble getting my masternode to launch. How many potential Dash users have we lost because of this painful getting started process? How many new Dash users can we convert in the future with video tutorials that make everything look easy?

Video tutorials can not only making joining the Dash community easier but also are perfect to explain WHY Dash presents an amazing opportunity today. For example, if you hire me make 10 new video tutorials for you here, I could combine them into one master tutorial called "The Best Investment Opportunity for 2017." In this one video, I can show why buying 1,000 Dash and setting up a masternode offers all of the benefits of investing including dividends and huge return potential with little of the downside because the assets are liquid. In 10 individual tutorials, I can then show every step from changing any government currency into Dash to launching a Dash wallet to putting a masternode online to voting yes on all my proposals.

What experience do I already have making Dash video tutorials?

In January 2017, I made the world's first Dash HD video class online with 16 HD videos featuring over an hour of screen capture tutorials at https://jerrybanfield.com/freecourses/ in link #43. The class features tutorials on all of the basics of getting started with Dash through making budget proposals and getting a masternode. Here is what the first two student reviews said:

"Great tutorial about Dash! Really helped me get a feel for what makes DASH special compared to other cryptocurrencies. Being a crypto newbie, I'm absolutely going to have my own Master Node!" -- Reuben Valles
"Excellent class. I created my Dash wallet successfully following the class step by step. This is something I would never have done on my own. I have learned in the class all I need to know about Dash and how it is different from Bitcoin, and created my first Dash address." -- Michel Gerard

Costs: 29 Dash total!
2 Dash per new video tutorial times 10 new videos = 20 Dash
4 Dash for the master tutorial which will include all 10 video tutorials plus intro, outro, and transitional videos to connect all the tutorials together.
5 Dash for the proposal cost

Summary!
For 29 Dash, would you help build an educational resource that will assist in converting more potential Dash users into passionate community members like me? After I have already done the work to prove I can make video tutorials people enjoy about Dash, would you vote yes on this proposal to hire me to make 10 more of these video tutorials AND put them all up for free on YouTube as well as in the class?

Vote YES with

gobject vote-many 4b9c696c9ee85ea9b07baf92e8b28c36394fd1c9161fcacd65b9f8cc0347ae52 funding yes

Thank you for reading this and I value your feedback on this proposal!

Sincerely,
Jerry Banfield

Last edited:
I would definetely support it. It is a relatively small amount of Dash and it is for a 1 month period.

You also scored plus points in my view by having a pre-budget proposal discussion before presenting your budget proposal on the blockchain,
indicating a willingness to gather and listen to feedback from the Dash community.

Last edited:
Good idea - will support it in case if all these videos will be available to everybody for free and without any registration (so on Youtube).

I think that if Dash network is paying for production of these videos - they have to be completely "for free" for all potential viewers...

Good idea - will support it in case if all these videos will be available to everybody for free and without any registration (so on Youtube).

I think that if Dash network is paying for production of these videos - they have to be completely "for free" for all potential viewers...
That is a great idea thank you I will add that in the proposal to make the new videos all free on YouTube!

I would definetely support it. It is a relatively small amount of Dash and it is for a 1 month period.

You also scored plus points in my view by having a pre-budget proposal discussion before presenting your budget proposal on the blockchain,
indicating a willingness to gather and listen to feedback from the Dash community.

Thank you very much for sharing this because now I will plan to always do a pre-budget discussion instead of just submitting the proposal!

What's the point of a pre-proposal thread if you leave it open for less than 24hours before submitting the proposal lol

I'm not exactly sure on the specifics but I think after the 12.1 update on Feb 5, you might need to submit the proposal again because of the way the budget mechanism is changing with the update.

Thank you each for your feedback! I just made the proposal live based on what you recommended here in focusing on the video tutorials more than on the class!

What's the point of a pre-proposal thread if you leave it open for less than 24hours before submitting the proposal lol

I'm not exactly sure on the specifics but I think after the 12.1 update on Feb 5, you might need to submit the proposal again because of the way the budget mechanism is changing with the update.

That is a good point maybe I will get the next one up as a pre-proposal for longer here before submitting! If I have to submit again, it will not be the worst way I have spent $75 :)

@JerryBanfield I had the chance to check out your existing videos over on skillshare. Really nice, it was more content than I expected and quite useful. I do think it is important for these videos to be available on YouTube (as well as wherever else you want to put them like skillshare), and since you have have agreed to do that, I am happy to support this proposal.

Thanks for sticking with it even after your first two proposals didn't get into funding --

Here are four ideas I have to put all of the ten tutorials into one common theme:

Masternode investment from zero knowledge of crypto through having an operational masternode in 10 easy steps.
Anonymous transactions online with cash and Dash with no prior Bitcoin experience.
Participating in the Dash budget starting from no Bitcoin or Dash experience through receiving funding.
Top 10 Bitcoin Myths Busted and Solved.

I recorded the first two tutorials now which you can see in the updated thread! We are so close to approval would you help get those last few votes in?

Back