• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Promoting Dash in Southern Africa

SOUTHERN AFRICA BLOCKCHAIN/BITCOIN TOUR

Air Ticket Sponsor

Background

My name is Afrikanus Kofi Akosah Adusei, Founding President of Africa Youth Peace Call (www.aypcghana.org ), an independent, non-profit, research and educational organisation devoted to the principles of individual liberty, secure private property rights, free markets, the rule of law, limited government, and government non-interference in the economy. I am also a journalist by profession and currently I write for the Coin Telegraph,The Dash Times and have been given the nod to write for Bitcoin.com as well with the pseudonym Frisco d’Anconia. Africa’s adoption of Cryptocurrency is very slow even though the digital currency has an enormous power to liberate the continent economically and politically.

Tour

From the 1st week of November, 2016 to February, 2017, I will be traveling through six Southern African countries to interact with the Bitcoin Communities, promote and write about Bitcoin programs and projects for the Coin Telegraph. These are the countries I will be visiting: Angola, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe & South Africa. I will hold meet-ups, interact & interview industry players, activists and ordinary people on the streets. Also, I will do podcasts for the Coin Telegraph and other news outlets. Botswana will be my base as I travel to all the other countries by overland. In each country I will spend at most two weeks.

Sponsors

I have been so excited about Dash from the moment I got introduced to it by my colleague and mentor Joel Valenzuela not long ago. It is important Africa gets to know of this unique cryptocurrency.I intend to make it one of my agendas on this tour by promoting it through the various Meet-Ups I will organise. In fact I intend to organise two Dash Meet-Ups in every country of the six I am traveling to. The only cost involved in this tour that is not yet covered is air ticket from Ghana-Botswana-Ghana. In exchange for promoting Dash I should be very grateful if Dash could cover my air ticket which costs $960. Aside the Dash Meet-Ups in the six countries I will have your logo on my Blog, Social Media Pages and mentions in all my media appearances and releases. Photos and videos taken during the events will be put together to promote Dash online. Getting people on the ground to continue promoting Dash is crucial, therefore I will recruit Crypto enthusiasts who will form Dash Fan Clubs to sustain promotion.

Budget

Item/Service Cost

Air Ticket $1000

ACTION PLAN

Angola

1 Dash Meet-Ups in Luanda

1 Dash Meet-Up in Cabinda

Zimbabwe

1 Dash Meet-Up in Harare

1 Dash Meet-Up in Bulawayo

Namibia

1 Dash Meet-Up in Windhoek

1 Dash Meet-Up in Rundu, Kavango East

Zambia

1 Dash Meet-Up in Lusaka

1 Dash Meet-Up in Kitwe

South Africa

1 Dash Meet-Up in Pretoria or Jo’berg

1 Dash Meet-Up in Cape Town

Botswana

1 Meet-Up in Gaborone

1 Dash Meet-Up in Francistown

Aftikanus has introduced himself in the Dash Nation Slack Channel, and has proven to be well mannered and professional. Joel (@thedesertlynx) who introduced him to Dash, is a valuable member of the Dash Nation team there.

The benefits to this proposal could far outweigh the meager cost involved here. We need to gain a foothold into this huge market. I say an easy yes.

Aftikanus has introduced himself in the Dash Nation Slack Channel, and has proven to be well mannered and professional. Joel (@thedesertlynx) who introduced him to Dash, is a valuable member of the Dash Nation team there.

The benefits to this proposal could far outweigh the meager cost involved here. We need to gain a foothold into this huge market. I say an easy yes.
Thanks a lot @tao,

promoting in Africa is a good idea, Africa is the biggest continent in the world and lot of potential for cryptocurrency.

promoting in Africa is a good idea, Africa is the biggest continent in the world and lot of potential for cryptocurrency.
Not the biggest but maybe the heart of the world:D, it does contain perhaps the largest majority of unbanked people and a heap of only half exploited resources that have been controlled thru debt,war and corruption via successive empires, to free the African people of foreign control,improve their wealth and financial independance would be some achievement.

Not the biggest but maybe the heart of the world:D, it does contain perhaps the largest majority of unbanked people and a heap of only half exploited resources that have been controlled thru debt,war and corruption via successive empires, to free the African people of foreign control,improve their wealth and financial independance would be some achievement.

I salute!

yes... i meant to say one of the biggest...
:oops:

Back