• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Promoting DASH as an Investment to Hedge Funds

DashDude

I saw an article yesterday entitled, "Hedge Funds Investing in Cryptocurrencies ‘Exploding’ – 62 in Pipeline," that I thought was interesting. After waiting for this to happen for several years it finally seems that hedge funds are beginning to warm up to crypto.

I think we should target hedge funds with some marketing to help sell the DASH advantages. It might be a good idea to have a pitch deck we could send to hedge funds. It also might be a good idea to have some type of hedge fund targeted event in NYC and other financial centers to promote DASH.

Recently Ryan Taylor wrote an open letter opinion that recommended against promoting DASH as an investment. If I infer correctly from the letter I think his intent was to avoid promoting it as an investment to people who don't have the skills to properly evaluate the risks or to those who's risk profile is not compatible with cryptocurrencies. I generally agree with this approach. However, I don't think this stance would prevent us from marketing to hedge fund professionals.

I'd be interested in thoughts form @mastermined , @Minotaur and everyone else on this topic. Thanks!

Yes, hedge funds can invest in crypto. The disadvantage of hedge funds is that one must be an accredited investor to invest in them. The upside is that hedge funds can invest in unregistered securities. This opens the door up to almost anything from real estate to artwork to complex derivatives to cryptos.

I am not entirely sure how Hedge Funds choose their investments but I'd imagine they do a pretty solid amount of research before they go into something. With that being said I think we don't think pitching Dash to them would be a good idea because they will not base their decision on our pitch but rather the results of their research. If they research Dash and like it, they will invest in it. If not, they won't. Advertising to them would make sense if we wanted to draw their attention to us because we are unknown coin that everybody looks over. I don't think that is the case (but I may be wrong here)

People pitch hedge funds all the time. If they like the pitch then of course they will follow up with their own research & due diligence. I imagine that there are hedge funds that are well aware of DASH and many that are not.

In the industry where I work it's basically a duopoly so all the customers are aware of the two choices in the market. We still do a lot of marketing and giving pitch decks to customers anyway :) We know our advantages better than many customers so we can help them with their research. They will still do research on their own, but after they see our pitch deck they will have a better idea what to look for. Also, it will take them less time to verify our findings than it would to do it from scratch on their own. Anything to make it easier is a good idea.

I saw an article yesterday entitled, "Hedge Funds Investing in Cryptocurrencies ‘Exploding’ – 62 in Pipeline," that I thought was interesting. After waiting for this to happen for several years it finally seems that hedge funds are beginning to warm up to crypto.

I think we should target hedge funds with some marketing to help sell the DASH advantages. It might be a good idea to have a pitch deck we could send to hedge funds. It also might be a good idea to have some type of hedge fund targeted event in NYC and other financial centers to promote DASH.

Recently Ryan Taylor wrote an open letter opinion that recommended against promoting DASH as an investment. If I infer correctly from the letter I think his intent was to avoid promoting it as an investment to people who don't have the skills to properly evaluate the risks or to those who's risk profile is not compatible with cryptocurrencies. I generally agree with this approach. However, I don't think this stance would prevent us from marketing to hedge fund professionals.

I'd be interested in thoughts form @mastermined , @Minotaur and everyone else on this topic. Thanks!

To quote Ryan, "it is inappropriate to market Dash to potential investors that likely lack the expertise to properly evaluate cryptocurrencies and their risks, nor whose risk profile (doesn't?) match the high-risks of this market."

I think you're correct that marketing to accredited investors would be in line with his ethical argument here.

That being said, none of "us" were accredited investors back in 2014. I think he is trying to keep hype, and thus volatility, low, in order to market DASH as a more stable currency. However, hedge funds love volatility, so

Consider doing a proposal to create a pitch deck so you can get paid for your time. I would vote yes.

Last edited:
Back