• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Project Management Framework - proposition

These are not only bad and useless; these are private tyrannies that do not give a flying f*** about humans, human rights, or humanity as a whole as they callously pillage whatever they can and are best described with this cartoon:

I am sure we would all be better off in a world without corporations. /s

Well, I fail to see sarcasm as helpful. It suffocates development of new ideas and renders itself an enforcer of a complacent, smug status quo.

Well, I fail to see sarcasm as helpful. It suffocates development of new ideas and renders itself an enforcer of a complacent, smug status quo.

And I fail to see how a narrow-minded, OWS view of corporations helps. We would be wise to learn from successful business strategies and divorce that from the boogeyman of evil corporations.

And I fail to see how a narrow-minded, OWS view of corporations helps. We would be wise to learn from successful business strategies and divorce that from the boogeyman of evil corporations.

While condescending first part of your reply is far for being helpful I fully agree with its middle part; it would be wise to learn from successful business strategies, while rejecting all the damaging shit so-called corporate culture devoid of any humanity also produces.

While condescending first part of your reply is far for being helpful I fully agree with its middle part; it would be wise to learn from successful business strategies, while rejecting all the damaging shit so-called corporate culture devoid of any humanity also produces.

How this proposal fosters a path to a damaging culture devoid of any humanity is yet to be demonstrated.

Hi Guys,
I have added a proposal of payment schedule to the manual: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/37355559/00. Dash-Project-Management-Framework.pptx?api=v2
Please let me know what do you think about it.

Kot, why are PMF's mandatory for external vendors but only recommended for internal projects? I would expect these to be universal, since all external vendors must funnel through an internal PM anyway. It would also "force" (for lack of a better descriptor) reporting standardisation, as well as not let our internal reporting standard to be lower than that of external contractors.

If it's not enforced, and obviously being the extra work people will skip it. It would then be a bit tougher to evaluate different PM's

The only reason I defined it this way, was a resistance (observed here on the forum) of some people to implement any standard method.
I would prefer to have a common standard for each project to be honest.
That's why we discuss it here :)

My first impression was OMFG TOO COMPLICATED, but then I sat down and evaluated each step. To be frank, it just looks terrible on paper, it's very close to the workflow we have (we try to have) currently. I wouldn't be worried, most if not all of the tedious tasks would be done by the pms anyway.

I talked to Robert about this a lot, he even added an Agile choice based on my recommendation, so for projects that are a better fit for agile we have something to start with.

I need to copy over another comment of mine here:
"We totally have to make sure not to put too much overhead on work, as that might cripple progress. At the same time, we have to make sure to have some kind of planning/coordination/reporting/progress tracking, otherwise this project won't be able to scale. Trying to explain this is something we usually have a VERY hard time with. And that's totally understandable, as most people here are freelancers / enterpreneurs, and are used to the mentality of "execution is king". And they are right, but after a given team size, which is 4-5 max, there needs to be another layer. If we'd like to step up from here, we'll need to come up with a good solution in between the two extremes - if not, we'll remain at the level of a hobby project for 5-10 people."

So while we understand where the people who oppose any PM activity are coming from, based on our experience we simply cannot let zero coordination happen :) It's really dificult to find the sweet spot, so please stay patient guys, and provide feedback as much as possible. We'll get there.

Back