• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Problem with range slider when updating Dash from 0.39 to 0.43. Still works in 0.39.

After upgrading from Dash version 0.39 to 0.43, an error message appears and it does not seem to make any sense. When I run my code with version 0.43 and 0.42, the below error message appears. This does not occur with neither Dash version 0.39 0.40 or 0.41.

Version 0.42 is when error messages started appearing in the browser.

Anyone know if this a known issue that is been worked on?

The range slider is generated through a callback and the inputs are generated as dictionaries and defined as objects, not array as the error message claims.

THIS IS THE ERROR MESSAGE DISPLAYED IN THE BROWSER WHEN RUNNING MY CODE.
Invalid argument `marks` passed into Slider with ID "fm-slider". Expected an object. Was supplied type `array`. Value provided:

[ { "label": "Overview", "value": "Overview" }, { "label": "Section 1", "value": "Section 1" }, { "label": "Section 2", "value": "Section 2" } ]
(This error originated from the built-in JavaScript code that runs Dash apps. Click to see the full stack trace or open your browser's console.)

I had the same problem after updating Dash. In order to make it work, I downgraded Dash version. However, it seems you can use `import utils.dash_reusable_components as drc` and then use `drc.NamedSlider`. Though i found this solution, I didn't try it, so if you try and succeed, please let me know. Regards!

Back