• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PrivateSend process

Yourict

Hello,

In the How Dash's 'PrivateSend' Works Under the Hood video, at the 02:17 mark, Amanda B. Johnson talks about the breaking down of inputs into multiple denominations, which is meant to facilitate the match finding in the mixing queue.

What is this "breaking down" exactly?

Edit: I couldn't post the video link as a minimum of 3 posts was required to unlock the feature.

Last edited:
Breaking down means dividing/organizing your money into the same more little amounts of 0.01, 0.1, 1 and 10 Dash. So if you want to mix 100, PrivateSend might divide it into 10 inputs of 10 Dash in order to mix it with other inputs from others users (which will have inputs of 10 Dash too). Like that, no way nobody can know who those inputs belong to as they are all the same and all mixed up (like if 3 friends put a 10 dollar bills in a hat and a fourth friend mix them up and give back a 10 to you. You wouldn't know if this 10 was yours or your friend's, that's why it's important to break down, in order to have the same amounts)

Here you can find some information about PrivateSend : https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/1146924/PrivateSend

Thank you Leonidas,

In my understanding, dividing an input of 100 into ten parts means sending to oneself 10 inputs of ten, is it the case?

Last edited:
What if the input contains 20.001448Dashes, where does the 0.001448 go if denominations under 0.01 aren't supported?

I'm not sure, I just know that PrivateSend denominations were higher up before : 100, 10 , 1 and 0.1. So I guess with the price going up, the core team implements smaller denominations only when the times requires it

What if the input contains 20.001448Dashes, where does the 0.001448 go if denominations under 0.01 aren't supported?
The way I understand it, smaller amounts are not mixed and when you want to send funds annonymously your privatesend balance will include only mixed coins. However I am not sure it that's the exact case. @UdjinM6 is the expert I am sure he knows.

Back