• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Privacy features implemented as of now

Do you think DASH's privacy features are adequate as of 2019?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

kbs1

I sold my 1200 DASH for 1 bitcoin back in the day. I know, very stupid mistake, but I never forgot this coin. I wanted to buy in recently again. I was researching how the coin progressed and came across this thread: forum/threads/i-sold-all-my-dash-here-is-why-and-my-view-on-the-state-of-dash.11416/ - just append dash org domain name as I can't post links yet.

My question is, did anything change since that post was written? What privacy features does DASH implement now? On the website, it seems traditional mixing is still in place: en/stable/introduction/features.html#privatesend - append docs dash org.

So basically, what changed since 2016? Are there any new outstanding features? Thank you! :)

I sold my 1200 DASH for 1 bitcoin back in the day. I know, very stupid mistake, but I never forgot this coin. I wanted to buy in recently again. I was researching how the coin progressed and came across this thread: forum/threads/i-sold-all-my-dash-here-is-why-and-my-view-on-the-state-of-dash.11416/ - just append dash org domain name as I can't post links yet.

My question is, did anything change since that post was written? What privacy features does DASH implement now? On the website, it seems traditional mixing is still in place: en/stable/introduction/features.html#privatesend - append docs dash org.

So basically, what changed since 2016? Are there any new outstanding features? Thank you! :)

Same mixing but much faster now and more liquidity. It's still not good enough but it does the job. It's also still not possible to mix on mobile in a trustless way, but I think that's something they're working on.

While PrivateSend has evolved from it's original implementation (there were changes made in 0.13.0.0) to such a degree that it barely resembles said original implementation; it still has some significant shortcomings. I've frequently posted on this matter, and included many of my own musings on possible improvements. I'll not repeat it all here...

I will mention that there exists no concise documentation of the current manner of PrivateSend's functionality. With government regulation looming large, and said government having no respect whatsoever for the Basic Human Right of Privacy, it's sadly not being emphasized, and I fear that DCG may abandon privacy altogether (capitulate) in the name of complying with perverted government thuggery...

This is a war that must be won, and I don't see anyone even trying to fight it...

There are very few people (I'm one of them) who actually know how PrivateSend works at this very moment in time. It's not documented. This poll isn't going to have useful information because it won't attract many people, and worse, it's almost guaranteed that the voters are misinformed/under-informed about how PS currently works, much less make a rational call on whether it's good enough or not.

Since 2016, there have been several tweaks. Nothing ground-breaking. Mostly speed and organizational changes. 0.13.0.0 added a denomination. But, un-mixable dust has not been addressed and remains a significant issue. I've offered my half-assed notions on how it could be handled, but I've gotten zero response from DCG about any of it.

Last edited:
While PrivateSend has evolved from it's original implementation (there were changes made in 0.13.0.0) to such a degree that it barely resembles said original implementation; it still has some significant shortcomings. I've frequently posted on this matter, and included many of my own musings on possible improvements. I'll not repeat it all here...

I will mention that there exists no concise documentation of the current manner of PrivateSend's functionality. With government regulation looming large, and said government having no respect whatsoever for the Basic Human Right of Privacy, it's sadly not being emphasized, and I fear that DCG may abandon privacy altogether (capitulate) in the name of complying with perverted government thuggery...

This is a war that must be won, and I don't see anyone even trying to fight it...

There are very few people (I'm one of them) who actually know how PrivateSend works at this very moment in time. It's not documented. This poll isn't going to have useful information because it won't attract many people, and worse, it's almost guaranteed that the voters are misinformed/under-informed about how PS currently works, much less make a rational call on whether it's good enough or not.

Since 2016, there have been several tweaks. Nothing ground-breaking. Mostly speed and organizational changes. 0.13.0.0 added a denomination. But, un-mixable dust has not been addressed and remains a significant issue. I've offered my half-assed notions on how it could be handled, but I've gotten zero response from DCG about any of it.

Hi you say that dash core 0.13.0.0 introduced 5 denominations, can you tell me how does the PrivateSend works before 0.13.0.0? what is the denominations? and until know, does the masternode really know which outputs belong to which inputs in mixing?

Hi you say that dash core 0.13.0.0 introduced 5 denominations, can you tell me how does the PrivateSend works before 0.13.0.0? what is the denominations? and until know, does the masternode really know which outputs belong to which inputs in mixing?

The denominations are 10, 1, 0.1, 0.01, and 0.001. The v13 release introduced the 0.001 denomination - the others were already existing. And yes since each wallet client needs to send its part of the mixing transaction to the masternode, the masternode facilitating the mixing request would be able to know which inputs and outputs are owned by the same entity.

The denominations are 10, 1, 0.1, 0.01, and 0.001. The v13 release introduced the 0.001 denomination - the others were already existing. And yes since each wallet client needs to send its part of the mixing transaction to the masternode, the masternode facilitating the mixing request would be able to know which inputs and outputs are owned by the same entity.

ok, thanks a lot. Before v13 release, is a PrivateSend tx can have different inputs? (10, 1, 0.01 both in a tx), and before v13 release, the inputs and outputs can be different in PS tx?

Last edited:
Back