• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Prism Break: Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora

Loki

https://prism-break.org/en/

Well worth checking out. Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical! We all have a right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary services.

Disclaimer: Using the recommended projects on this site will not guarantee that 100% of your communications will be shielded against surveillance states. Please do your own research before trusting these projects with sensitive information.

But with a catchy name like that, what could go wrong? o_O

I usually put cyanogenmod on my phone... Funny, I got lazy with my current phone, I guess.

Yah but a stupid old person like me has NO idea what they're "selling"? what is that about?

I'm a fan, sort of, of PRISM-break since my work is in privacy. However, there is some advice here that goes beyond what most users, even the kind who might use DRK, would need. For instance Ubuntu and derivatives are eliminated on the basis of Amazon unity which can be easily stripped by even the most clunky new Ubuntu user. It is not 'infected' on this basis alone and most people will struggle to use the alternatives on offer which is problematic in an age when we need to get people off Windows. Most of the suggestions are decent although not all easy to implement.

Back