• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Price thread (trading)

pbleak

It might be a good idea, I think, to have a thread for those of us interested in trading and price-trends since there are many who either don't like that or consider it less interesting than the technical angle.

How are our traders doing? The price on Mintpal is looking very healthy today. Do you think we'll see this trend all the way up until Monday or is a dip bound to happen as some people bail with profits?

Most of the crapcoins and copycoins are bleeding money that I believe is heading into DRK. However Namecoin and Peercoin seem solid enough.

It might be a good idea, I think, to have a thread for those of us interested in trading and price-trends since there are many who either don't like that or consider it less interesting than the technical angle.

How are our traders doing? The price on Mintpal is looking very healthy today. Do you think we'll see this trend all the way up until Monday or is a dip bound to happen as some people bail with profits?

Most of the crapcoins and copycoins are bleeding money that I believe is heading into DRK. However Namecoin and Peercoin seem solid enough.

Already have a complete forum for it. https://darkcointalk.org/forums/speculation.34/

I was too late buying more at .006 and I'm hesitating at the current price.
Small drop happend on cryptsy but price seems healthy indeed, think I'll stick with what I have for now.

I'm curious about the coherence of "dark" coins in terms of support by traders.
BTCD dropped and isn't moving much for the last few days, could it be the traders are looking for another (DRK) profit? :)

Yeah I'm not buying now for sure. If there is another dip then I will for sure. BTCD seems like it has run out of steam a bit. I suspect a lot of people don't want to sell because they bought in during it's last upturn (I don't think it'll get that high again personally). If they were wise they'd take the hit and jump on DRK at least to try ride RC5.

This 0.006 vs. 0.008 buying / selling discussion is so funny. Why you might ask:
Bitcoin 2009
Darkcoin 2014

Once one has once in a lifetime opportunity to be a part of a something huge, capable of fighting the Financial Crime Cartel, changing the serfdom of a current monetary & economic systems and build a foundation for a parallel tomorrow and a better world day after tomorrow, one should grab it and do her or his utmost to further the agenda for a better world. Contribute. Build. Promote. Invent. Alas, "trading" focus to 0.006 vs. 0.008 is such a ridiculous, simple-minded, contrarian to the revolutionary spirit, selfish short-term approach that it does not make any sense at all.

Translation: I'd be buying as long as Darkcoin is below $100.00 and than will evaluate :wink:

Ha yes, but some of us operate with lower backup finance so we need to thread a little more carefully. These little differences can mean a lot in picking up extra coins when you are in the small pool ;)

I just want to say I am really suprised the masternode count has not dropped at all with this BTC dump we are experiencing. I was expecting some people to dump their darks to get out of btc.
That only means masternode owners are real believers. Hold on tight guys, it'll soon be over.

One of the most promising things about this community is that threads like this are sooo quiet... Very few seem to be speculating on the short term DRK price, which is great as it keeps the price relatively stable. I am - like many others here - here for good and will keep my DRK whether it goes to the moon or sinks like the Titanic. Judging by the rate of development and the growth of the community I'm becoming even more confident that we're part of something that's going to really change the world - in a good way :grin:

As a point of interest - the DRK price seems to be at the start of a bull run... Recently it has been climbing the classic 'wall of worry' as it slowly creeps up in value against at battered down BTC. Long may it continue as this is not due to speculative forces (unlike may last year) and is the result of genuine increased demand and usage of DRK.

Walter

I would not be so confident just yet. As a long-term trader DRK is actually not in an especially great place financially albeit an excellent one technically. Bull runs peeter out, bears await, etc. Bitcoin going down is always bad news for crypto because it remains the core indicator of how interesting society is in the fundamentals of what we are doing. DRK is currently 1.59 on coinmarketcap. That's really low. But why is it low? Because Bitcoin is bleeding and when Bitcoin bleeds just look at how the rest do.

You're right. There are far too many cryptocurrencies that'll come to nothing just being churned out to pull off some kind of pump and dump. All of these drain resources from CCs that are actually viable. The good news is that those superfluous CCs will drift into obscurity and cease to be, and the odd one might come to something. The main CCs will more or less remain, and exist as the more stable and trusted CCs.

I would not be so confident just yet. As a long-term trader DRK is actually not in an especially great place financially albeit an excellent one technically. Bull runs peeter out, bears await, etc. Bitcoin going down is always bad news for crypto because it remains the core indicator of how interesting society is in the fundamentals of what we are doing. DRK is currently 1.59 on coinmarketcap. That's really low. But why is it low? Because Bitcoin is bleeding and when Bitcoin bleeds just look at how the rest do.

It may be that BTC is now finally out of the 2013 bubble and has returned to its more sustainable market price. BTC as a speculative investment has actually performed quite well recently. I only wish I'd bought the things when they were down at $185 rather than up at ~$500, lol.

Back