• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[prepoposal] Dash Debit Card ready by Mid-April

Shall we release the DASH debit card within 3 weeks?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
They may be releasing litecoin before dash.

Supposedly, there are issues with dash's privacy features, so my question to Julian is; when bitcoin adds bulletproofs and LN, and litecoin also adds privacy features, will they be removed from the tenx wallet, or is it just dash's privacy that causes problems?

They may be releasing litecoin before dash.

Supposedly, there are issues with dash's privacy features, so my question to Julian is; when bitcoin adds bulletproofs and LN, and litecoin also adds privacy features, will they be removed from the tenx wallet, or is it just dash's privacy that causes problems?

Hi GMD––

In preparing our budget line items we anticipate inviting the sales team of a DASH debit card platform to attend our exhibit at the Race Expo event.

Leaning towards Shakepay, but unsure where Core/community stands on this.

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/79986692/Debit+Cards

Not our field of expertise. Would appreciate any guidance...

Thanks.
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/79986692/Debit+Cards

Well.. I _had_ an operational card and was using it daily. It worked perfectly. Until it didn't :(
I had a card which was working until it didn't as well. I have a small amount of Dash (0.2 dash approx.) left in the wallet and cannot send it out of the TenX wallet so I have requested a refund. Technical support at TenX have promised me a manual refund (I have the email from them but that was many weeks ago.) They have not refunded me and I cannot get my Dash out of their wallet. Its frustrating and poor customer service. I wish @Dr. Julian Hosp would ask his staff to fulfil their promise!

One year passed...

T3idcr4l.png

Yes Mr @Dr. Julian Hosp, you owe us an explanation. Answer here soon or I'll start asking awkward questions in a more public way.

From what I can gather - and please correct me if I'm wrong - there have been some issues enabling dash to all users because of it's privacy features. With this in mind, I have three questions:

1. Are Dash's privacy features causing regulatory problems?

2. When adoption for Lightning Network takes place on bitcoin / litecoin, will you be disabling these also because of privacy issues i.e. transactions will be difficult to follow because they won't immediately hit the blockchain?

3. Following on from the second questions, when bitcoin / litecoin implement privacy features (zk-snarks etc), will you be disabling them?

Thanks

Okay... Just got TenX app update and it does give an option to order a card. And I have DASH enabled there.

Just to make sure, @Dr. Julian Hosp (if you're still active here), is $15 card fee mandatory or previous card owners can have this fee waived?

Thanks.

Dear Dash community,

We know you've been waiting a long time for the TenX Dash Debit Card Proposal (dashcentral.org/p/tenx-dash-debit-card).

In our bid to make all cryptocurrencies spendable, TenX is in the process of applying for financial institution licenses in several countries. Unfortunately, this precludes us from offering support for privacy-focused coins such as Monero and Dash. As such, we have thus far been unable to find a solution that would allow us to integrate Dash into our payment solution while remaining compliant with the requirements of the relevant regulatory authorities.

We find it only fair therefore, to return the 305 DASH raised by the Dash Foundation for the proposal. Once they confirm receipt of the funds, the Dash foundation will disburse these back to the original contributors accordingly.

Additionally, we have deprecated the TenX Dash beta wallets and will return beta users their full Dash wallet balances. We will email beta users to confirm their receiving addresses in the next 48 hours.

TenX remains committed to the Dash community and will continue to explore alternative solutions to make Dash spendable.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mike Ferrer
TenX Community Manager

Back