• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[prepoposal] Dash Debit Card ready by Mid-April

Shall we release the DASH debit card within 3 weeks?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Let me just write a real quick update from my side.
I tested the card several times already. It worked in most cases with the exception of facebook adds. I tried to pay those with my card but according to the app it thought Facebook is fraudulent or something. In all other cases it worked. I bought stuff on Amazon. Clothes from an online shop and bought a train Ticket. Worked fine. What a really like is the app. It gives you notification every time you use the card even when it gets rejected or only prepared by the merchant. You can switch the crypto currencies you use with the card on the fly and you can see your history.
The only Thing I currently dislike is the exchange rate for Dash. But I have been told this will improve soon. Overall I am really happy with this product.

I can confirm what Instacoins said. Form me the card worked for everything I tried so far. Just the exchange rate could be improved a little.

@Dr. Julian Hosp so when exactly will the card be released to everybody and not just a group of testers? You are way over your original 3-week goal.

I just received the email that my new card is shipped. Meanwhile a friend of mine tried to order a card but got the message that they are currently out of physical cards due to big demand.
Now waiting for a reply to my request email to get Dash activated in my account....

Things are on the move! :)

The tenx card worked for me using bitcoin. I noticed the bitcoin price being displayed was about 2.5% - 3% below Kraken. However, when I made a purchase, I ended up paying about 1.2% above the purchase price.

I think the way tenx are doing this is not necessarily better, just different. With a regular pre-paid crypto card, you get to choose when you load the card i.e. when you sell crypto to fiat. But with tenx, you are dollar-averaging at the time of purchase.

Julian said the purpose of this debit card was to demonstrate the COMIT protocol, and I agree it does this. But once the novelty of using a crypto debit card wears off, I think usage charges and app functionality / experience will become far more important.

Ordinarily, I go out of my way to avoid cashback / loyalty points based systems because the points "currency" is highly manipulated when, actually, I just want to see good honest prices at source. However, the prospect of cashback via PAY tokens seems a lot fairer and transparent to me, so I'm hopeful in this regard.

NFC doesn't work and I'm not sure if it's built-in but disabled, or whether I will need a new card to get the functionality. Tbh, NFC has spoilt me, so I miss it.

The app needs a lot of work. In particular, I would really like to see some kind of expense reporting; by period, category, payee, location. And it would be helpful if I could assign a default category to frequent payees.

I can't exit the app using the back button and I can't swipe the side menu away using the back button. I can't disable the app startup PIN and I can't bypass it using the fingerprint reader. I can't change the card PIN to my own number.

Btw, I'm super glad the tenx card doesn't have the tenx logo in the corner because, to be frank, it's really ugly.

Ok I finally received my TenX card! Was posted by them in Singapore on June 22th, arrived July 19th...

Just activated it and bought some groceries at my local supermarket. Tried paying in BTC (since other currencies are still not activated yet), transaction went flawlessly.

My 20.63 CAD bill was paid using 0.00741945800 BTC, which according to coingecko right now, would currently be worth more like 21.35 CAD. That's still about 3.5% lost in exchange rate.

There doesn't seem to be any fee anywhere (as advertised), just the exchange rate that isn't very optimal at the moment.

Julian is not keeping his promise for us DASH user. Just got email from TenX saying not going to activate Dash now after i request for activation. They are activating ETH and ERC 20 tokens only . No timeline for Dash. What a disappointment.
I just hope Julian can look into this issue urgently...a promise is a promise no matter what reason you have...promise is April and now is July!!!!! DASH has been taken for a ride.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

For those who wanted to use Dash with TenX, it might be interesting. After over a two weeks of waiting for a response from TenX support to my request for Dash activation, I finally got the following answer:

"Due to the high volume of currency activation requests we are receiving, we have made the decision to stop activating currencies on an individual basis. The good news is that ETH and ERC20 token wallets will soon be unlocked for all users.
We don't currently have a timeline for activation of other currencies, but we are working on getting these ready for all users as quickly as possible."

@Dr. Julian Hosp, a few words on this situation? For me it is hard to draw a conclusion other than, there is no even approximate time when Dash will be supported in TenX for the most of the public.

"Due to the high volume of currency activation requests we are receiving, we have made the decision to stop activating currencies on an individual basis. The good news is that ETH and ERC20 token wallets will soon be unlocked for all users.
We don't currently have a timeline for activation of other currencies, but we are working on getting these ready for all users as quickly as possible."

I've got the same email, and it's really disappointing. @Dr. Julian Hosp, when TenX Dash debit card will be available for the public?

Will try today, esp given bitcoin cards are essentially down now :)

Worked:

aJUkJxk.jpg

Let's have everyone on Dash first :)

Dear Dr. Julian Hosp, I sent in a request to get Dash added to my account, it is because of Dash that I even got interested in having a TenX account/card.... Please help us Dash masternode owners out by at least allowing us to use Dash in our accounts......

Hi Guys @TaoOfSatoshi asked me to post my comments as I was in Singapore two weeks ago and dropped in to meet the Tenx team.

These are the general take aways in no particular order-

1- Dash is integrated on the back end but is not made active on hardly any cards, same as eth. They are scaling and testing slowly.

2- They had run into unforeseen regulatory issues with the card issuers, namely an audit as crypto is treated with a degree of skepticism. They have been instructed to go slow.

3- They underestimated the demand from ico to people wanting crypto cards.

4- They are trying to scale with new hiring and on boarding but this takes time. They have growing pains and cannot scale staff fast enough.

5- As a company they sold 50% of the ico raising at $280 USD per Eth making the company well capitalized.

I have no time frames but like everyone look forward to Dash being added.

On a personal level they were welcoming to their office and they busy building the Tenx product.

OK, I want a TenX card and wish them the best, so don't take this the wrong way.

1- Dash is integrated on the back end but is not made active on hardly any cards, same as eth. They are scaling and testing slowly.

Dr. Julian Hosp said 3 weeks. And he said it confidently and repeatedly. Nobody else could accomplish this like they could, because of their unique talents and abilities and experience.

2- They had run into unforeseen regulatory issues with the card issuers, namely an audit as crypto is treated with a degree of skepticism. They have been instructed to go slow.

Everything I know about the US regulatory environment for credit and debit cards would fit handily in my little finger. And yet, I knew with certainty that they would not get that done in three weeks.

3- They underestimated the demand from ico to people wanting crypto cards.

Shocked I say.

4- They are trying to scale with new hiring and on boarding but this takes time. They have growing pains and cannot scale staff fast enough.

How hard can it be? It was only going to take 3 weeks...

5- As a company they sold 50% of the ico raising at $280 USD per Eth making the company well capitalized.

I am happy for them that they raised a lot of money. I sincerely hope their larger project goes better than the amazing Dash Debit card roll out.

I have no time frames but like everyone look forward to Dash being added.

Three weeks..........

On a personal level they were welcoming to their office and they busy building the Tenx product.

I'm sure they are nice people, but I was under the distinct impression Dash would get express service since that's what we paid for.

I ordert the Card 2 weeks ago with normal shiping today i resived a mail that the card is on the way 10-20 buissnes days. But im fine with that im not in a rush. Till then i hope the have Dash in the card and i can buy my Schnitzel mit Pommes with Dash.
TIll then i enjoy my days and looking forward.
CHeers

After 21 days the card arrived here with me in Austria/Österreich
Cant test it because Dash is not working on it.
I will not use Btc because is going for a lookdown during the splitt in 1 week time yay

Back