• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre Proposal

Farhin

• Dallas Crypto and Blockchain was created to make cryptocurrency space more accessible to the general public, students and “your grandma”. I started it because I want to make it easier for everyone to participate without having to invest hours and hours of research. My cousin, an early adopter was telling us about blockchain since 2011. Yet I was unable to sit down and research and get myself any crypto for 2 years. By the time I got in, there was a radical influx of $100Billion into Cryptocurrency. Since crypto is not mainstream yet, and my fellow members of the Frisco Chamber of Commerce were telling me it was a fraud and would be shut down this money could only be from Wallstreet and just a minority of the wealthy.
  • I see currencies on blockchain an opportunity for leveling the playing field and allow ALL people an escape from the trap of being vested only in fiat money which is depreciating in value. The goal of our meetup is to fill this practical knowledge gap with free community driven knowledge sharing. So far my personal business has been sponsoring and funding the conference room space, equipment and incidentals. We have just started doing a raffle ticket giveaway to gamify the meetings, reward quality speakers and get participants to start using cryptocurrency. We are planning on using Dash due to ease of use and quick/cheap transactions. If we had support from Dash, I can see us really expanding our network and getting this into all the colleges. Next year with our 4 meetings a month, we will be engaging with 150-500 attendees each month.

I'm proposing to give away Dash to the Dallas community to introduce them to Dash and its benefits. The Dash network benefits in three ways:
  • The Dash network gains new participants, which is a very important component to the value of any crypto-currency.
  • Introduce Dash to the general public, highschool/college students and to business. The nature of our work is to make cryptocurrency space accessible to the general public, students and to business.
  • Installation of the Dash wallet on more mobile phones and used by more people for peer-to-peer transactions.
  • Establishing Dash as the crypto-currency for colleges and everyday use for existing users.

Proposal:

• Dash will be given to users who come to meetings and speakers on a variety of crypto-topics. We typically have 40 attendees per meeting and have access to market Dash to 1400 Dallas crypto enthusiasts. Existing users of crypto are vested in Bitcoin and very few are talking about Dash. The Frisco location of Dallas Crypto and Blockchain reaches new users/enthusiasts and is growing by 50 new members a month. And we hold 4 meetings a month.
  • We intend to do this by giving new users Dash:
  • No more than 1/10 (0.10) Dash per person. Once Dash is over $500/Dash this will be adjusted to 1/20 (0.05) Dash.
  • New Dash users will be shown how to load a mobile wallet (Android or iOS) to use their new Dash.
  • New users will be given instructions on how to get more Dash, and how to spend Dash with a link to Dash merchants
  • Offer new users the opportunity to use their Dash right away to purchase raffle tickets to win more Dash from the raffle at the meeting: the 50/50 raffle splits the pay out to the winner of the meeting and the speaker at the meeting.
  • Existing users will be given ½ that of new users.
  • If existing users invite new users they will get the same amount of dash as new users.
  • Those that work the campaign will also be paid the same as new user payout. Campaigns will includes event (meetup or college lunch/cafeteria campaign, local Crypto Conference campaigns), follow-up emails and marketing.
Why me?
My name is Farhin Ali, and I am the organizer of Dallas Crypto and Blockchain and founder of Frisco Neurofeedback. Frisco Neurofeedback uses technology to disrupt the pharmaceutical industry by offering nonRx alternatives for those with ADHD, Sleep or Emotional issues. This business background is relevant to demonstrate I am an entrepreneur and disruptor who is capable of managing and executing a vision to fruition. Also to demonstrate that I am capable of managing clients, employees, suppliers and money.

I am an electrical engineer from Case Western Reserve University and past President of IEEE at CWRU. As an active member of the IEEE and have been a speaker for the IEEE, WIE International Leadership Conference on Neurofeedback. IEEE’s motto is advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.

Our assistant organizer for the Dallas Crypto and Blockchain is Richard Raizes a corporate and investment banker and graduate of SMU. Richard is speaking at SMU Dallas on Cryptocurrency Basics on 11/19/2017. Richard is slated as a speaker Jan 2018 : “Dishing on Dash”

We also have several miners, developers and a lawyer on the leadership team

Our consultant Omar Syed, my cousin, is a supporter of our efforts. Omar is a CWRU graduate, BSCE and MSEE in Artificial intelligence. He has an extensive background and accomplishments. He is only an advisor as he is very busy in the sphere. You can google him and find one of his innovations Arimaa (a chess board based strategy game that was undefeatable by AI PCs for 10 years)

Budget:
20 Dash/Month for six months - distribution to 200 people/month
5 Dash - proposal fee

I submitted a pre-proposal and it seemed to be well liked, except by one individual that seemed to be universally recognized as a troll.

Once approved, I'll begin right away. If it succeeds as well as I hope, I will submit a new proposal at the end of the six months.

Hi Farhin,
Nice to meet you, it is an interesting pre-proposal. But could you elaborate more on how will you create awareness to whom who have zero knowledge about DASH? Since you are targetting on Dallas community only, it will be your existing clients who already have a huge awareness about Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. But how are going to cater people or community who do not have any knowledge regarding cryptocurrency?

However, your pre-proposal should be vote as YES.

I would only suggest you reduce your proposal duration to 3 months. And if you do a good job you'll surely get continued funding after that. But with how the price is increasing i prefer 1-3 month proposals.

Also, ignore RGXDK he does not represent the majority

Giving away Dash, high cost of acquisition, voting NO.

Thank you for your valuable input. Given current price of Dash and the need to enlist/vest more volunteers to the Dash effort I think 5 Dash/month for 3 months is more realistic till we prove ourselves. We could prove ourself with pictures of wallets and the events.

At this time, there is virtually NO Dash support/presence in the Dallas cryptocommunity as most of the current meetings are run by bitcoin miners.
I would like to reach new users and convert the local perception in my circle of influence that Bitcoin is NOT the only valuable/useful cryptocurrency. Dallas population is over 1.2 Million and I believe we can start a groundswell once the word gets out how easy Dash is to use. And the best way to get Dash used it to use it for real transactions. It is actually quite hard to acquire considering it is not on Coinbase and the average novice does little more than hold the coin they purchased on Coinbase.
One of the initiatives our team would do is go to UTD, SMU, UTA, TWU and CCCC and represent Dash at lunch or cafeteria and at school events.
Another initiative is to bring this to the highschool, concerts, football games and fairs. But first we need to build a network of vested volunteers willing to work for Dash to man these efforts.

Please give me more feedback so I can put forth a proposal with a higher probablity of getting approved.

Shorter term and why do we need to give people 45 bucks? Do we have data to support the conversion rate?

Hi Farhin,
Nice to meet you, it is an interesting pre-proposal. But could you elaborate more on how will you create awareness to whom who have zero knowledge about DASH? Since you are targetting on Dallas community only, it will be your existing clients who already have a huge awareness about Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. But how are going to cater people or community who do not have any knowledge regarding cryptocurrency?

However, your pre-proposal should be vote as YES.

Hello, Thank you for your very valuable insight.
I think we are all concerned about bringing awareness to new users with zero knowledge. And my suggestion is that the the best way to do this is to get a network of people who have incentive to work at bigger events such as chamber of commerce meetings, churches, schools, fairs, colleges and bars.
I am starting to hold the meetup meetings in restaurant happy hours and can see spreading Dash at those events as well. I think we need to make this fun and the best way to do that is to get an army of existing users to work with me at the social events.

You will not be disappointed in trusting me to influence a mass of laypersons.

Thank you.
Farhin

Shorter term and why do we need to give people 45 bucks? Do we have data to support the conversion rate?
Excellent point, considering the rate at which Dash has increased I need to modify the proposal so that the give away is no more than $20, rather than proposing as a fraction of a Dash.

I would only suggest you reduce your proposal duration to 3 months. And if you do a good job you'll surely get continued funding after that. But with how the price is increasing i prefer 1-3 month proposals.

Also, ignore RGXDK he does not represent the majority

I appreciate the useful insight I will modify to 3 mos.

Excellent point, considering the rate at which Dash has increased I need to modify the proposal so that the give away is no more than $20, rather than proposing as a fraction of a Dash.

Do we have data for conversion rate for the 20 dollar price point?
Is this your first set of meet ups if so I think dashforce does sponsorships of the why do a proposal for this?

Hi Farhin,
You are most welcome, yes we are now aware to create a massive awareness about DASH for the public. Since you have a clear target market and it could possibly be done it will be no problem then. We just need a startup to see public response and feedback and you could generate a questionnaire first to see the capability of your project. Again I would see your project in future and you can update your project here.

Goodluck Farhin :)

for your plan for that kind of 6 month of 20DASH a m for that i will vote No because:

1. you need build trust on the Dash comunity for getting that long of a period , you also need proof that you have knowledge about DASH and his Goal.
2. i prefair also an interview or a promoton style Video so that we can see that you are who you tell us your are and maybe explain more. (as more and more Proposal user do alreddy).
3. Never read 1 of you Guys someware in the Community (as fare as i know)
4. That kind of giveaway and how you struckture it will atracet only people to ern DASH buy visiting your meetup my view on this i dont like it
5. Bargeing about your education means nothing to me ( i know its and US thing but still dont like it)

from what i read (im a bad reader and english is not my nativ language) voteing NO so fare.

im a critical Minde but im willing to chance it (maybe for 1 Monath proposel ) if you promote this better with and other concept

cheers from Europe
(just a feedback)

for your plan for that kind of 6 month of 20DASH a m for that i will vote No because:

1. you need build trust on the Dash comunity for getting that long of a period , you also need proof that you have knowledge about DASH and his Goal.
2. i prefair also an interview or a promoton style Video so that we can see that you are who you tell us your are and maybe explain more. (as more and more Proposal user do alreddy).
3. Never read 1 of you Guys someware in the Community (as fare as i know)
4. That kind of giveaway and how you struckture it will atracet only people to ern DASH buy visiting your meetup my view on this i dont like it
5. Bargeing about your education means nothing to me ( i know its and US thing but still dont like it)

from what i read (im a bad reader and english is not my nativ language) voteing NO so fare.

im a critical Minde but im willing to chance it (maybe for 1 Monath proposel ) if you promote this better with and other concept

cheers from Europe
(just a feedback)

I'm glad I posted here first to get insight into how the community processes proposals. We've been exchanging Dash among ourselves $1 just to demonstrate the speed and low cost. And you make a good point about people possibly visiting the meetup to earn by attendance. Therefore the giveaway needs to be less. It also needs to be enough to make new users invest the time to install wallets,etc.

There is another meetup in Dallas which gave away $25BTC in paper wallet at a college. That wasn't enough to get people to come back because they didn't have a use application or quality presentations.

I think I need to build some trust on this network and will start doing some youtube videos and after posting 3 times I will be able to include links. For now you can just look me up online. You will find me on linked up, facebook and IEEE.

I did not mean to offend by saying I have a degree. Sometimes as a women, it's necessary to qualify to state it, so that people are comfortable nerd out freely.

For example I was at a Dallas meetup and a banker bent crypto guy opined on a very superficial level for 45 minutes and never got to why he supported his ridiculous position. Then I introduced him to a Chinese male friend who was brand new to crypto, the banker guy then launched into a succinct summary using proper crypto specific language. Clearly this "banker" guy had dumbed down his conversation with me and wasted my 45min., when he had the ability all along to summarize his point in 3 minutes. (why he thinks Bitcoin and crypto will become irrelevant since banks are incorporating smart contracts /cryptography in house)

If you look up the meetup group: Dallas Crypto and Blockchain you will see it is a real group and our mission is noble.

I realize that in the US the average person is being left behind and women are being left behind even moreso. I know this because of my personal experience with people in Muslim community and atheist community and women in general. I am a secular Muslim heritage humanist.

My male relatives were involved with crypto since 2011 and they were teaching each other but there was no way for them to interact with me due to cultural difference. I would hear little bits, but was stuck in the side of the party with the women (Muslims segregate) My interests were with the boys in my family, yet I was not allowed due to Islam, to mingle with the boys where information knowledge was being exchanged. There is no way a Muslim woman can even meet with her cousin privately because they marry cousins and it would instantly spark rumors.

I was left on my own to figure this crypto thing out with no support group.

Then I would go to women's empowerment parties with my freethinker girlfriends and they would be sending positive energy to empower and uplift each other. They had zero interest in real empowerment through economic freedom from the promise of blockchain technology for real privacy and store of value outside of saving in devaluing fiat money.

I am also a single mother to two sons. One of them, my 17 year old Asperger's son is a java game programmer who has been building computers since 7th grade. He is obsessed with Dota2 (5K MMR) and he has been asking me to buy him parts to start mining for crypto since he was 15. I wanted to connect him to people who have more knowledge than me to make sure he is purchasing the right parts and is successful.

Because he doesn't drive, reality is that unless there was a community within 20 min of my house it would be unrealistic to accomplish that. So just like it has always been in order to get him resources/friends I had to step up to be a leader to create something accessible in my community. I had to become a Cubscout Den leader because nobody would include him, I had to be a Destination Imagination Coach because nobody would include him. Now I'm doing this in part for him and in addition to all the reasons above.

Last edited:
Ok so 25 wasn’t enough for them to come back. What use cases are thier now for dash that will keep them coming back? I mean it is nice to meet and give stuff to people but we need to ensure thier is a return. Maybe we need to work to get merchants accepting dash in the area first then get users?

Do we have data for conversion rate for the 20 dollar price point?
Is this your first set of meet ups if so I think dashforce does sponsorships of the why do a proposal for this?

When I submitted this I was not aware of Dashforce. My Co-organizer was in contact with them and we were working concurrently, so I did not know until after I posted. It looks like we will start with DashForce first.

Thank you.

Ok so 25 wasn’t enough for them to come back. What use cases are thier now for dash that will keep them coming back? I mean it is nice to meet and give stuff to people but we need to ensure thier is a return. Maybe we need to work to get merchants accepting dash in the area first then get users?

Exactly, that's why the proposal includes gamifying meetups by allowing for it's immediate use for raffles.
Unless you reward the volunteers working the meetups or events with Dash as some sort of incentive I will wear out doing it myself and the effort will wane.

I actually have a business in Frisco and my friend has an icecream shop and we would like to accept Dash but nobody uses it and everybody wants to hold on to their bitcoin as a "store of value".
I would love it if anyone has a Dash ATM and wants to place it in my office or her icecream shop. Please contact me if anyone has one.. 440-382-7864 celll

Back