• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

pre-proposal: upgrading the DAO so requesters can lower their ask amount if too many no votes

In current version of DAO Dash-entrepreneurs cannot reduce their # of Dash requested if it's not passing. This upgrade will enable this feature, so Dash-entrepreneurs have the flexibility to try and find the sweet-spot where their proposal will pass!

Last edited:
I don't want proposers thinking they can start high and negotiate downwards.

Also, a change in the amount requested might sway opinion on other proposals. I suspect not all MNOs go back to proposals to re-evaluate their worth.

a) why not? ; ) they'll get loads of downvotes if they start high, and then they're in the risky position where the voter will have to revisit their proposal and change the vote from no to yes
b) sway opinion on other proposals--challenge that that is fine : )
c) yes, and they can start if they would like once this new feature upgrade is implemented

Last edited:
The amount requested for a proposal is fixed, which means there is an incentive to get it right, or lose the 5 dash submission fee. An adjustable amount would, in effect, turn the whole thing into a negotiation process. Every proposal would soon be playing that game; start high and negotiate down. Personally, I'm not here to play those kind of games.

Having said that, it's not uncommon for proposers to engage with the community and make some minor adjustments, but overall, all of these things should of been thrashed out prior to submitting a proposal.

a) <turn the whole thing into a negotiation process.> --> great
b) <Every proposal would soon be playing that game; start high and negotiate down.> --> incorrect
c) <but overall, all of these things should of been thrashed out prior to submitting a proposal.> engagement is very low on pre-proposal forum for Dash-entrepreneurs to get MNO feedback

a) <turn the whole thing into a negotiation process.> --> great
b) <Every proposal would soon be playing that game; start high and negotiate down.> --> incorrect
c) <but overall, all of these things should of been thrashed out prior to submitting a proposal.> engagement is very low on pre-proposal forum for Dash-entrepreneurs to get MNO feedback

I agree MNOs don't engage as much as they should. I assume there are many time-strapped MNOs out there (or just plain lazy). In which case, do you think they will go back re-review a proposal because the funding amount has changed?

Hi grandmasterdash : ) a) Yea, mno's are poorer in the depression phase and have less free time to spend managing their investment (ie. the DAO). b) And then just in general it's also difficult to have great habits at managing one's investment. c) Yes, the feature can have a 'new' icon in red besides the funding x # of months for example. d) And yes, their brains can be incentivized to go back if a funding amount is lowered to change their vote. If the proposal will be sufficient ROI, the mno's brain will want to support as it will have an effect of increasing the value of their mn's

Back