• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Sole Sponsorship of Reality Check with Ben Swann & Ambassador

Ben Swann

UPDATE - PROPOSAL IS LIVE: Following the encouraging feedback from the forum, I decided to submit my proposal yesterday (12/23). The proposal is not showing on Dash Central yet, but you can vote on the proposal here: https://www.dashninja.pl/proposalde...3bbc922ceed1edc246dcf6e0692777c920440f32de816

Below is the final proposal that has been submitted.
Thank you for your support on this project!

- B

Bring Ben Swann’s Reality Check Show Back on the Air with Dash as the Sole Sponsor.

Summary

We propose that just as DASH is creating disruption in the financial world, it now creates disruption in the media world by bringing back to the masses Reality Check with Ben Swann. As the sole sponsor of Reality Check, DASH will be branded and tied to what is one of the most successful news segments in the world. Our hope is to establish and sustain a long-term partnership, and we would be honored to be an enduring ambassador of Dash.

Reality Check with Ben Swann is a news and information segment that paved the way in covering stories mainstream media misrepresented or simply deceived the public about in the United States and around the world. In 2016, Reality Check with Ben Swann had 110 Million video views on Facebook and outperformed media giants such as VICE News.

About Ben Swann

I have 18 years of experience in journalism, behind and in front of the camera. I became drawn to covering under-reported issues and events early on in my career, particularly during my time covering the drug war in Mexico when I realized that the war on drugs was being misrepresented and most mainstream media had no interest in upholding their commitment to sharing the truth with the public. I’ve received two Emmy awards and two Edward R. Murrow awards, as well as several AP awards from my time in Texas and New Mexico.

While I am relatively new to Dash, I am not new to the cryptocurrency community. I’ve been discussing Bitcoin since 2013, longer and more thoroughly than most journalists in the media, in my own reporting as well as during my appearance at the Texas Bitcoin Conference in 2014. My experience stands in contrast to the majority of mainstream media, which is scrambling to catch up on coverage largely because cryptocurrency has become so accessible and attractive that they can no longer ignore it. However, the majority of media corporations fail to objectively and accurately report on this industry.

Benefits to Dash

We have the ability to bring Dash to a vastly larger audience than ever before. Reality Check episodes dive into subjects that are embraced and heavily recirculated by an enormous and diverse crowd. This crowd comes from widely varying political, social and geographic backgrounds and they range from individuals who have spent a great deal of their own time on research to individuals who are learning about these subjects for the first time, and the subject of cryptocurrency is no exception. The promotion of Dash will fit seamlessly with our reporting: while our audience is diverse, it shares a common passion for disruption in the media as well as a mindset that embraces disruptive technologies like cryptocurrency.

We have the advantage of both a huge audience and existing experience in speaking to the public about cryptocurrency. Using the same footprint that has helped Reality Check and Truth In Media episodes reach hundreds of millions of viewers, we will be able to integrate Dash and crypto within our videos as well as bring those topics to live events at a more intimate level with the public. Our team is ready to pick up where we left off, and we will work closely with Dash to develop and execute a successful Dash branding strategy for events, video and other content.

Deliverables and Funding Breakdown

Ben Swann announces his partnership with Dash video. Huge viral potential.

2 to 5 minute video with Ben announcing his return.

Reality Check Sponsorship

• Dash will be the sole sponsor of Reality Check for the duration of this sponsorship.

• Estimated 30M video views, 75M social impressions. Those estimates are organic views and impressions. The estimated video views and impressions do not include views and impressions gained through advertising. Videos will be uploaded to Facebook, YouTube, DTube, LBRY, Amazon Prime, Roku, embedded on Steemit and News Websites. Episode teasers will be posted to Instagram and Twitter. These will be in video or image format.

• Sponsorship includes:
    • Lower third bug. “Ben Swann’s Reality Check Powered By Dash” and will be seen on all platforms listed above and more as we expand our network.

• Facebook “handshake” on every video sponsored by Dash. This means extra exposure for Dash. Learn more about a Facebook handshake here: https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/facebook-branded-content-what-marketers-need-to-know/

• Link in the description of the Youtube, DTube, and LBRY if available

• 5 second intro. Example “Reality Check is powered by Dash digital currency” after the intro to the Reality Check segment.
  • There will be two Reality Checks a week; Every Tuesday and Thursday unless the date lands on a US holiday. Then Reality Check’s marketing department will decide what day to release that Reality Check on.

• Videos will cover topical US and World issues and will be 2 to 5 minutes long.

• A total of 24 episodes will be sponsored.
$150,000 to advertise videos and other Dash related content. Written content created by Ben’s team.

• This money would be used to advertise videos sponsored by Dash as well as articles that were written about Dash on TiM. For example: one of the first articles on the Dash sponsored crypto section of TiM, will be an article about how to buy Dash. Estimated 15,000,000 to 30,000,000+ more impressions for Dash.
Staff to syndicate Reality Check videos

This team will work solely to build partnerships with websites to distribute Dash sponsored Reality Checks. Third party sites and properties will be able to monetize the video, but may not take out the Dash sponsor part of the video. This will lead to more media outlets wanting to show the Reality Checks and a larger audience for Dash.

Ben Swann/Team at 3 Crypto/Blockchain events. Ben Swann and team go to one, US based, blockchain conference a month (3 total) to promote Dash. Live stream on Facebook and Youtube for 30/60 mins with TiM/Reality Check/Dash backdrop. Social promotion before and after the event. The events have not been picked yet, and we would love the Dash community’s feedback on where in the US you would like us to go.

Exclusive sponsor of Truth In Media website. Up to 4 banners per page with estimated impressions of 1,000,000 per banner.

Co-branded merch. Ben Swann’s Reality Check Powered By Dash merch to give away to fans. T-shirts, decals, stickers, etc.

Mention Dash. Ben and team, while being interviewed by other press, will mention Dash is the reason Ben was able to come back. Upon return, we have a tentative interview with a well known podcaster.

Sponsor/Event Dash Discounts: Discounts for sponsors of other TiM properties and TiM events will receive discounts if they pay in Dash.

Project investment: Three months 800 Dash/month (based on 30 day moving average)

Dealing with Price Fluctuations

We will save some for when and if there is a dip in the price of Dash. When Dash is performing well, we will add to advertising budget for Dash sponsored content, if there is a huge upswing create other Dash sponsored content.

Project Updates to be Expected by the Community

We will provide a monthly KPI report. The KPI report will include banner impressions, clicks, video plays and social media engagement and reach.

Projected Timeline:

Jan: Studio set up, Announcement video, Truth In Media crypto section launched, first blockchain event, media interviews Ben. Studio relocation with updates from Ben wearing Dash item, updates “powered by Dash”. Updates would be on the website and social media in the form of videos, images, and Instagram/Facebook “Stories”.

Feb - April: 24 Reality Check with Ben Swann’s released.

I would love to hear your feedback on the proposal.

- B

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Wowzers, this is pretty monumental folks. The video social outreach and network coverage potential here is huge. There's so much value in this one proposal. I've been waiting for something like this for a while to take Dash to the next level and launching Dash in to the mainstream. I really love the added blockchain event aspect of this proposal as well. Dash will get so much coverage from this and actually having an industry professional with strong established experience and links in the media is very welcome indeed. This seems much more than a proposal but a partnership. I love it. I like how Dash is a decentralized monetary system providing financial freedom, and now with Dash funding and governance it's allowing the news to become fully decentralized and fully independent as well. Dash really is changing the world bit by bit.

I'm very excited for this. I knew 2018 was already going to be a big year for Dash but this proposal is next-level stuff.

I also really respect the fact that it's actually Ben submitting the proposal to community as well and being happy to accept Dash payment is another major "YES" from me.

First of all this is a "Yes" from me.

There are some things I would like to ask though:

Crypto section of Truth In Media website. Staff to write and report. Dash 1 of 3 exclusive partners. Dash will be prime sponsor of this section. Gaining 2 of the 4 ad slots on the pages. Estimated 300k+ banner impressions.

1) Can you name the other 2 exclusive partners?

2) Can Dash be given 4 out of 4 ad slots by paying extra or do you think that it will be too much?

These are my first thoughts. Now I should check out some of your past work because I must admit this is my first contact with your show.

Ben you are the most courageous reporter in the Media today. People recognize you as a hero. It is incredibly exciting to see you here. I would like to personally thank you for a particularly bold piece you did recently which I will not bring up here but you know what I'm talking about. You rock man. Thank you.

YES x1000

The only thing I would add is, and I know this is asking a lot, but I would like the Reality Check to actually be about Dash. Dash is the first decentralized autonomous organization in the history of humanity and not only is it functioning, it is thriving. Folks don't realize how newsworthy this is. An organization with no CEO, no board of directors, participating in direct democracy. This is a model for government. What would make a more interesting Reality Check than that?

Last edited:
First of all this is a "Yes" from me.

There are some things I would like to ask though:

1) Can you name the other 2 exclusive partners?

2) Can Dash be given 4 out of 4 ad slots by paying extra or do you think that it will be too much?

These are my first thoughts. Now I should check out some of your past work because I must admit this is my first contact with your show.

Thank you for your support on this proposal!

1 & 2: There are no other partners at this time. These were place holders for sponsors we had in the past. But like I mentioned in the opening post, we do want this to be a long productive partnership so we could, if the masternodes wished, make Dash the official and sole sponsor of the entire Truth In Media website. There would be a maximum of 4 banners per page, with an estimated more than 1 million impressions a month per banner. The cost for that, based on a 30 day moving avg, would be 65 Dash/month.

Will Reality Check be broadcast as part of a mainstream network TV news show as previous iterations of the segment were, or is it strictly an independent online venture though TiM?

Just curious, as I've been a fan for years and I'll support it either way.

Ben you are the most courageous reporter in the Media today. People recognize you as a hero. It is incredibly exciting to see you here. I would like to personally thank you for a particularly bold piece you did recently which I will not bring up here but you know what I'm talking about. You rock man. Thank you.

YES x1000

The only thing I would add is, and I know this is asking a lot, but I would like the Reality Check to actually be about Dash. Dash is the first decentralized autonomous organization in the history of humanity and not only is it functioning, it is thriving. Folks don't realize how newsworthy this is. An organization with no CEO, no board of directors, participating in direct democracy. This is a model for government. What would make a more interesting Reality Check than that?

Thank you! We will defiantly be covering Dash.

Will Reality Check be broadcast as part of a mainstream network TV news show as previous iterations of the segment were, or is it strictly an independent online venture though TiM?

Just curious, as I've been a fan for years and I'll support it either way.

Thank you for your support! Good question. If need be, we will independently produce Reality Check. Regardless of where the content airs, it will not be censored.

This week feels like I'm in a dream. This is just huge. I found that the amount you ask is low and would vote yes for more if you can expand the advertising. Since the segment about PG, all we hear is "where is Ben Swann?" I didnt expect to find you here. The impact will be colossal.

Thank you for your support on this proposal!

1 & 2: There are no other partners at this time. These were place holders for sponsors we had in the past. But like I mentioned in the opening post, we do want this to be a long productive partnership so we could, if the masternodes wished, make Dash the official and sole sponsor of the entire Truth In Media website. There would be a maximum of 4 banners per page, with an estimated more than 1 million impressions a month per banner. The cost for that, based on a 30 day moving avg, would be 65 Dash/month.

I'm aboard with Dash being the sole sponsor of the entire Truth In Media website, covering all 4 banners as well.

As a wise man once said: "Dash can afford this." ;)

Ben Swann's proposal is both exciting and well thought out. We should fund this. I'm hopeful that the KPIs will be strong and that this is the start of a long term deal with Dash.

Feedback: Will the co-branded merchandise be available to purchase online with Dash?

Last edited:
Ben Swann's proposal is both exciting and well thought out. We should fund this. I'm hopeful that the KPIs will be strong and this this is the start of a long term deal with Dash.

Feedback: Will the co-branded merchandise be available to purchase online with Dash?

Thank you! I do look forward to a long term deal. Yes the co-branded merchandise will be available online to purchase with Dash.

This week feels like I'm in a dream. This is just huge. I found that the amount you ask is low and would vote yes for more if you can expand the advertising. Since the segment about PG, all we hear is "where is Ben Swann?" I didnt expect to find you here. The impact will be colossal.

Thank you for your support!

I'm aboard with Dash being the sole sponsor of the entire Truth In Media website, covering all 4 banners as well.

As a wise man once said: "Dash can afford this." ;)

I will take this into consideration for the final proposal.

I personally am against this proposal. I encourage MNOs to go read up on Ben Swann and the types of reporting that he does. The man pushes the narrative that vaccines cause autism, Pizzagate, as well as tries to muddy the water whether Syria used chemical weapons in the ongoing civil war.

While I don't doubt this sponsorship would bring attention and increased name recognition to Dash, I think that we should avoid controversial figures like Ben Swann.

Edit: To be clear this is not trolling (since someone feels the need to label it as such since they disagree), but genuine concern. I would like to reiterate for MNOs to just go look him up yourself and come to your own conclusions as to whether you want the network associated with him.

This will be huge for DASH. Proposals like this give us even more confidence that 2018 is the DASH year. The governance system shown perfectly by this community could also be replicated in other fields in the world, and that would be thanks to DASH community and proposals like this. This is definitely another level in crypto world.

I´m so excited to see this proposal to pass.

I would vote YES 1000 times. Thanks for the initiative Ben!

This will be huge for DASH. Proposals like this give us even more confidence that 2018 is the DASH year. The governance system shown perfectly by this community could also be replicated in other fields in the world, and that would be thanks to DASH community and proposals like this. This is definitely another level in crypto world.

I´m so excited to see this proposal to pass.

I would vote YES 1000 times. Thanks for the initiative Ben!

Thank you!

Back