• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal:Promote Dash with free t-shirt and polo shirt

veneremail

Good morning everyone, I am new to the Community and I am happy to be part of you. For my personal wish I had Dash advertising printed on two polo shirts. It happened that people asked me what Dash was. So I think it's very supportive of Dash if people get a certain curiosity. I would like to ask Masternode if they would vote "yes" to a proposal to give t-shirts to people with a brochure attached explaining what it is and how dash works. To print about 1000 t-shirts you need about 250 Dash at present

Attachments

• msg215168101-9315.jpg
    msg215168101-9315.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 145
  • msg215168101-9316.jpg
    msg215168101-9316.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 145
From my experience, dash t-shirts / hoodies are worn for years and therefore good for branding.. but the big problem is that no one has a care or inclination to know what dash actually is... it's just a t-shirt. If you want to give them away and mean something, you need some kind of education enrollment scheme to earn it.

From my experience, dash t-shirts / hoodies are worn for years and therefore good for branding.. but the big problem is that no one has a care or inclination to know what dash actually is... it's just a t-shirt. If you want to give them away and mean something, you need some kind of education enrollment scheme to earn it.
Thank you for your opinion. Considering that it is my first proposal, it is very important to know the parameters required by the community.

Dash advertising printed on two polo shirts
Hi,
I guess, that the left one is a joke.
For the right one, I would say: rather "dash.org" than "Digital Cash".
The curious people would then probably go to the web-site and educate themself.
IMO, it would be nice to produce such t-shirts and sell them here to Dash-enthusiasts.
I would buy 1 or 2...
And as give-away, I would suggest to do so only at an event, e.g. a crypto-conference or party, that could be sponsored by the budget system.
Peter

Hi,
I guess, that the left one is a joke.
For the right one, I would say: rather "dash.org" than "Digital Cash".
The curious people would then probably go to the web-site and educate themself.
IMO, it would be nice to produce such t-shirts and sell them here to Dash-enthusiasts.
I would buy 1 or 2...
And as give-away, I would suggest to do so only at an event, e.g. a crypto-conference or party, that could be sponsored by the budget system.
Peter
Thank you for your reply. That is a good suggestion. I will try to make some jerseys with the wording of the official website. Thanks friend

Promoting a product by printing its logo to T-SHIRTS, CAPS, CUPS, PLATES, PENS etc. Not a very original idea, isnt it?

You want 11$ per T-shirt and you will print 1000 of them. But the issue is not how many T-shits you will print, but how many you will sell, and how many among those who will buy the T-shirt they will actually wear it.

Also it does not only matter how many people will wear the Dash T-shirt, but also who wears it. Could you convince Elon Mask wear a Dash T-shirt in public? So please give us a list of the people who may wear your Dash T-shirt in public.

Last edited:
Promoting a product by printing its logo to T-SHIRTS, CAPS, CUPS, PLATES, PENS etc. Not a very original idea, isnt it?

You want 11$ per T-shirt and you will print 1000 of them. But the issue is not how many T-shits you will print, but how many you will sell, and how many among those who will buy the T-shirt they will actually wear it.

Also it does not only matter how many people will wear the Dash T-shirt, but also who wears it. Could you convince Elon Mask wear a Dash T-shirt in public? So please give us a list of the people who may wear your Dash T-shirt in public.
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't know famous people who can wear the Dash shirt. In addition, the idea is to donate the t-shirts and not to sell them, and attach a brochure on Dash information. I like your sincere opinion

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't know famous people who can wear the Dash shirt. In addition, the idea is to donate the t-shirts and not to sell them, and attach a brochure on Dash information. I like your sincere opinion

If you plan to donate the T-shirts, you have to find a way this donation to be tracked, so that the dash community (and especially the masternodes) will know where these T-shirts went, and whether these T-shirts are being worn in public or not.

An idea is to put an nfc id in the t-shirt, so that they will pair with a mobile phone, and pay those who wear the t-shirt as long as they move around and they dont stay in the same area all the time. Wear a T-shirt that advertises dash, move around, and the T-shirt will mine dash for you...
A T-shirt miner. Not a bad advertising idea , is it?

Turn any shirt into Smart shirt | DIY Arrow Smart Shirt | NFC enabled Shirt - YouTube

Last edited:
If you plan to donate the T-shirts, you have to find a way this donation to be tracked, so that the dash community (and especially the masternodes) will know where these T-shirts went, and whether these T-shirts are being worn in public or not.

An idea is to put an nfc id in the t-shirt, so that they will pair with a mobile phone, and pay those who wear the t-shirt as long as they move around and they dont stay in the same area all the time. Wear a T-shirt that advertises dash, move around, and the T-shirt will mine dash for you...
A T-shirt miner. Not a bad advertising idea , is it?

Turn any shirt into Smart shirt | DIY Arrow Smart Shirt | NFC enabled Shirt - YouTube
It's a very good idea. But how much can you cost an nfc ID in the t-shirt? Do you think the masternodes will approve this proposal?

It's a very good idea. But how much can you cost an nfc ID in the t-shirt? Do you think the masternodes will approve this proposal?

You dont need only the nfc ID tag. You also need to write a tracking software for mobile phones, and convince some people to become moving advertisements in order to mine some Dash with their Dash smart T-shirts. It is a complex project, but I think it is fun.

I dont know whether the masternodes will approve it or not. It depends on the money you will ask. I have one masternode vote. Bring here your proposal, and how much it will cost, and you may convince me.

Last edited:
You dont need only the nfc ID tag. You also need to write a tracking software for mobile phones, and convince some people to become moving advertisements in order to mine some Dash with their Dash smart T-shirts. It is a complex project, but I think it is fun.

I dont know whether the masternodes will approve it or not. It depends on the money you will ask. I have one masternode vote. Bring here your proposal, and how much it will cost, and you may convince me.

Maybe the smart T-shirt is not a good idea, because the Dash logo can be hidden behind another garment.
So better create smart miner shoes, or smart miner hats.
If the shoe fits, wear it.

This threat makes me think of an idea for crypto conferences and the like.

Have T-shirts with logos and website made up, but people would register to get the shirt and a "chance to win" some amount of Dash. Winners would be picked at random based on sightings of the shirt over the duration of the conference.

Some way to do an on the spot printing of a QR code would be best, but perhaps pre-printed unique QR codes would be okay.

This threat makes me think of an idea for crypto conferences and the like.

Have T-shirts with logos and website made up, but people would register to get the shirt and a "chance to win" some amount of Dash. Winners would be picked at random based on sightings of the shirt over the duration of the conference.

Some way to do an on the spot printing of a QR code would be best, but perhaps pre-printed unique QR codes would be okay.

Crypto Conferences. QR codes. Very nice. You just forgot the ballot box.

Pre-Proposal: Would you like this proof of individuality to be implemented in Dash? | Dash Forum

individuality-jpg.9607

Back