• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Prioritized Projects Wish List

In the open source software world, a best practice is for the core team to publish a prioritized list of projects they would like to get done but don't have time to do
Have you talked to the core group? You assume they need something like this. Why?

Have you talked to the core group?

I keep hearing this more and more and it has really started turning me off from the Dash community. Is dash a distributed community or isn't it. Can grassroots projects start without the blessing of the core group? Wasn't Dash started because the Bitcoin folks wouldn't listen to suggestions. Is Dash going down this same road. I've been checking out PIVX more and more because of this kind of attitude that I'm seeing... It's a shame.

I keep hearing this more and more and it has really started turning me off from the Dash community. Is dash a distributed community or isn't it. Can grassroots projects start without the blessing of the core group? Wasn't Dash started because the Bitcoin folks wouldn't listen to suggestions. Is Dash going down this same road. I've been checking out PIVX more and more because of this kind of attitude that I'm seeing... It's a shame.

Just because people value the opinions of the core group does not mean this is centralized. The core group does not have any control what I vote with my masternodes, and many just like to hear what they have to say, but do not take their word as some kind of divine commandment.

At the end of the day, it's up to us masternode owners to listen to what each party has to say, and make their own decisions.

I can tell you from experience that MANY of the masternode owners just want to discuss proposals and get every possible perspective.

Have you talked to the core group? You assume they need something like this. Why?

I am emailing with Ryan and will talk with him on Wednesday, but like @Chadrick suggests, I have been assuming they are stakeholders, not gatekeepers. I believe based on feedback that this would be helpful for future entrepreneurs coming into the community and potentially interested in writing proposals.

Thinking now that a much simpler first step on this project may be in order. More soon.

Assuming people lack stuff that you can provide can only maybe work when you guess right. When you guess wrong you look like a fool.

Sometimes fools and innovators are very similar ;)

http://www.quotes-clothing.com/recognize-pioneer-arrows-back-beverly-rubik/

My dear,

You can recognize a pioneer by the arrows in his back. You see, people don’t like being told they’re wrong. Nor do they like seeing someone surpass them and walk further out ahead. Hence the arrows. The weak fall against the arrows, but the greats have, against all odds, continued to walk forward with at least a dozen arrows stuck in their backs. They should be dead, but they aren’t. And oh, aren’t the arrow-throwers mad. The goal is to walk so far ahead that the arrows can’t reach you anymore. And then, maybe, you can begin pulling some of them out.

Falsely yours,
Beverly Rubik​

Back