• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Pantas Sifir Math App Contest as DASH awareness program.

Objective

The goal is to get the users in Malaysia to install DASH wallet for the first time. We try to get as many users as possible to have wallet installed with the intention of triggering awareness about the existence of DASH and possibly a continuation of program through community building and further initiatives.

This objective of this proposal is to get 2 DASH to organize and fund prizes for a math contest using an Android free apps named Pantas Sifir.

Background

Based on my personal observation, the awareness about DASH in my country (Malaysia) is still very low. Even though many already aware about Bitcoin, the understanding to most of them are negative due to the bad perception relating to the unfair association of Bitcoin with illegal activities, failed investments and ponzi schemes. In addition, with the recent significant hikes of Bitcoin transaction fees and wait time, it is no longer a viable option to be marketed as day-to-day Digital Payment mechanism. As a crytocurrency advocator, that mostly relying on live hands-on transaction demonstration to promote cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is already too expensive and no longer feasible to be used for demo purpose.

DASH provides promising propositions compared to Bitcoin. Promoting DASH is easier as it is still new and less prone to be associated with the current bad perceptions received by Bitcoin. And the rise of DASH in term of market cap and adoption is exactly at the appropriate time especially when the future direction of Bitcoin is uncertain. In addition to the low fee and fast confirmation, I found that DASH governance and programme milestones are also better and understandable than other crypto coins. On top of that, DASH’s wallet interface (by Hash Engineering Solutions) is more intuitive and make “more sense” to the average users, and makes it easier to show and promote.

I have the intention of promoting DASH especially focusing on the daily use-case basis. But first, people need to be aware of DASH’s existence. This is among my early steps, which is to leverage my own Education Android Application named “Pantas Sifir” to promote DASH.

About Pantas Sifir

Pantas Sifir (Math Multiplication Race) is a simple and free educational Android game with the objective to improve math multiplication skill. Players will be given 20 multiplication questions, and need to be answered correctly and as quickly as possible. The total time taken will be recorded and viewable in the top Weekly and the All-Time charts. The live results are available at http://pantassifir.ridinglinux.org/statistik/individu

Since Pantas Sifir is meant for Malaysian users, it is in Malay Language and players are grouped by school name. To understand better about the application, I suggest you all to check at my other similar application name XDash instead, which is intended for international audiences and uses English language. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ridinglinux.xdash . Pantas Sifir and XDash are almost identical, the differences are just the language and target audience. Live result of XDash is at http://xdash-web.ridinglinux.org/ . Take note that the “DASH-ish” name is purely a coincident. XDash was released in 2015. I only got to know about Dashpay in 2017.

For this proposal, since the scope is for Malaysian user, I use Pantas Sifir instead of XDash.

Pantas Sifir uses Weekly Ranking. Results are finalized at the EOD of each Saturday (Malaysian Time). Usually, there are more than 250 unique participants per week competing each other throughout the entire week. Sometimes, I give prizes to the winner depending on whether I have some spare funds or if there are sponsors.

Proposed Promotion Approach.

DASH Treasury to sponsor prized for one week contest, in a form of dash Coin.

• Users are required to install a DASH wallet in order to participate.
  • Participants are required to provide “receiving address” in the Pantas Sifir App. I will do some modification to the app so that it can store the receiving address.
  • At the end of the contest (1 week), 30 winners will be rewarded with prize.

Below is the proposed prize structure.

TGYFt0j.jpg

The prize amount is not that big, but I believe it is adequate in order the create excitement about the contest and DASH.

I will personally require 1 DASH to fulfill tasks as below:-

• To do programming enhancement in Pantas Sifir to allow insertion of DASH receiving address.
  • To create contest page and result in http://pantassifir.ridinglinux.org/
  • To promote the contest via social media and internal Pantas Sifir push notification.
  • To provide some writings about the contest and DASH in the App’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pantasSifir/?fref=ts
  • To handle Q&A relating to DASH in the Facebook page above.
  • To send push notifications to the winners.
  • To hand over list of winners and their receiving address (assuming DASH treasury want to handle the prize distribution themselves).

Funds required.
  • 1 DASH for contest prize.
  • 1 DASH for contest facilitation.
  • Total = 2 DASH

Future continuation

I’m sure winners will ask, what can they do with the DASH coins they received. I will ask each of them to keep it, until a proper use cases can be established. To treat them as saving first and for them to monitor the change of values, and from there I hope more interests can be garnered and I will have the opportunity to create a proper community of interest.

I’m also planning for many future initiatives. Such as creating a payment gateway for Malaysian retailers especially book & stationary stores. This is in line with my interest in education system. Future prizes in DASH will be more meaningful if winners can buy books and stationaries.

Those will be covered in the upcoming proposals.

SIDENOTE:
Anybody can try XDash and beat those records by the Malaysian Kids. If you can ;)

Regards
Jamalulkhair Khairedin
Shah Alam, Malaysia

Last edited:
I would vote yes to this, but you of course risk the 5 dash fee it costs to put the proposal forward. If other nodes don't give the thumbs up you lose your 5 dash.

Thank you for the heads up. Honestly I did read about the 5 Dash proposal creation fee, but did not sure whether or not it is redeemable once the voting ends.

If it is not redeemable, than I guess my options are:
  1. Either I include them within the overall budget of the initiative (making the total of 7 DASH) to recoup the cost; or
  2. Not proceeding as the risk/benefit is not feasible.
It's good that this forum exists so that I can gauge the response before making any hasty decision.

Thank you for the heads up. Honestly I did read about the 5 Dash proposal creation fee, but did not sure whether or not it is redeemable once the voting ends.

1. Either I include them within the overall budget of the initiative (making the total of 7 DASH) to recoup the cost; or
It's good that this forum exists so that I can gauge the response before making any hasty decision.
You have to add 5 dash to your fee cost, then you will be getting it back when you win. Lots of proposals do that. But, you have to be fairly sure you will succeed. You did the right thing starting here. See whether you get a positive vibe.

The fee is not redeemable, that's the risk.

On a general note, this sounds very similar to https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...nd-gives-financial-access-dashdoesgood.13717/

IMO the price of 2 DASH makes this proposal another good example that we need a joined proposal like DashForce by @mastermined for such things (DashForce is a cumulative proposal of many small things done to promote Dash with total budget of 205 DASH per month) or let such ideas count on tips. This would require someone with good reputation to launch such joined proposal for it to get some support. The work of managing sub-proposals should be compensated too ofc so it might look a bit more costly at first sight but such manager would request 5 DASH back only once, so given the fact that there could be many sub-proposals it's a win-win. This would require some meaningful number of sub-proposals though to even start with. Maybe we can ask via media channels we already have if there are people with some similar ideas and if someone is willing to make this happen.
#EducationForDashNation @TaoOfSatoshi ? :rolleyes:

The fee is not redeemable, that's the risk.

On a general note, this sounds very similar to https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...nd-gives-financial-access-dashdoesgood.13717/

IMO the price of 2 DASH makes this proposal another good example that we need a joined proposal like DashForce by @mastermined for such things (DashForce is a cumulative proposal of many small things done to promote Dash with total budget of 205 DASH per month) or let such ideas count on tips. This would require someone with good reputation to launch such joined proposal for it to get some support. The work of managing sub-proposals should be compensated too ofc so it might look a bit more costly at first sight but such manager would request 5 DASH back only once, so given the fact that there could be many sub-proposals it's a win-win. This would require some meaningful number of sub-proposals though to even start with. Maybe we can ask via media channels we already have if there are people with some similar ideas and if someone is willing to make this happen.
#EducationForDashNation @TaoOfSatoshi ? :rolleyes:

1. My proposal was indeed inspired by the earlier proposal by @NickfromSA.
  2. I'm all for the joined proposal. I will read about the DashForce proposal.
Appreciate it very much. :)

1. My proposal was indeed inspired by the earlier proposal by @NickfromSA.
  2. I'm all for the joined proposal. I will read about the DashForce proposal.
Appreciate it very much. :)

Sounds good. I can help you out and get you some Dash going for next month's coming proposal cycle. Contact me here or on slack. I'm pretty busy with other DashForce stuff so I would only be able to help monetarily right now. If everything goes well the first time we could talk about your future plans/proposals.
I'll check the other guys proposal that was mentioned as well.

Sounds good. I can help you out and get you some Dash going for next month's coming proposal cycle. Contact me here or on slack. I'm pretty busy with other DashForce stuff so I would only be able to help monetarily right now. If everything goes well the first time we could talk about your future plans/proposals.
I'll check the other guys proposal that was mentioned as well.

Great. I'll get in touch in slack.

I have not heard from you in a while. Let me know if you are still interested in doing this project. Any updates/progress?

I have not heard from you in a while. Let me know if you are still interested in doing this project. Any updates/progress?

Yes, still interested. Below is the current progress.

• To do programming enhancement in Pantas Sifir to allow insertion of DASH receiving address. [Done, pending publication to Google Play]
  • To promote the contest via social media and internal Pantas Sifir push notification. [Todo]
  • To handle Q&A relating to DASH in the Facebook page above. [Todo]
  • To send push notifications to the winners. [Todo]
  • To hand over list of winners and their receiving address (assuming DASH treasury want to handle the prize distribution themselves). [To decide who will distribute the prize].

The contest can start as early as May 2017. This will depend on whether the fund is already allocated or need to wait for the next DASH proposal voting. I can only start promoting the contest once I get the confirmation.

Thanks

Yes, still interested. Below is the current progress.

• To do programming enhancement in Pantas Sifir to allow insertion of DASH receiving address. [Done, pending publication to Google Play]
  • To promote the contest via social media and internal Pantas Sifir push notification. [Todo]
  • To handle Q&A relating to DASH in the Facebook page above. [Todo]
  • To hand over list of winners and their receiving address (assuming DASH treasury want to handle the prize distribution themselves). [To decide who will distribute the prize].
The contest can start as early as May 2017. This will depend on whether the fund is already allocated or need to wait for the next DASH proposal voting. I can only start promoting the contest once I get the confirmation.

Thanks

Sounds good!
Please post your address here and I will send the funds right now.

"The contest can start as early as May 2017"
I think you meant you would start in April not May, the sooner the better!

Sounds good!
Please post your address here and I will send the funds right now.

"The contest can start as early as May 2017"
I think you meant you would start in April not May, the sooner the better!

Below is my proposed timeline.

==========================================================
Week 16: 16-22 April
- Updated Android APK will be published in Google Play.
- Promotion via social media (Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp).
- Contest Page up at http://pantassifir.ridinglinux.org/

Week 17: 23-29 April
- Continue Promotion.

Week 18: 30-06 May
- Official contest week. Scores are recorded and shown live in app & website.

Week 19: 07-13 May
- Announcing winners.
- Prize distribution.

Promotion will start ASAP. 2 weeks of promotion will be required as I expect there will be many inquiries by the participants on what DASH is all about.

My receiving address:
XeweUtTV67huui5ntsjio8UR6UQhtGrCjf

Additional donations are also welcomed :).

Below is my proposed timeline.

Week 16: 16-22 April
- Updated Android APK will be published in Google Play.
- Promotion via social media (Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp).
- Contest Page up at http://pantassifir.ridinglinux.org/

Week 17: 23-29 April
- Continue Promotion.

Week 18: 30-06 May
- Official contest week. Scores are recorded and shown live in app & website.

Week 19: 07-13 May
- Announcing winners.
- Prize distribution.

Promotion will start ASAP. 2 weeks of promotion will be required as I expect there will be many inquiries by the participants on what DASH is all about.

My receiving address:
XeweUtTV67huui5ntsjio8UR6UQhtGrCjf

Additional donations are also welcomed :).

Cool, Instantsent 2 Dash!

Fun, I can't wait to see how this works out! In fact, any videos or pictures would make great PR for you as well as Dash :D

Status update:
  • To do programming enhancement in Pantas Sifir to allow insertion of DASH receiving address. [Done]
  • To promote the contest via social media and internal Pantas Sifir push notification. [Started & ongoing]
  • To handle Q&A relating to DASH in the Facebook page above. [Ongoing]
  • To hand over list of winners and their receiving address (assuming DASH treasury want to handle the prize distribution themselves). [Todo].
The contest page is in Malay Language. I might do the English version later if I have the time. Nevertheless, the "loose" Google Translation of the page can be viewed here

Love what you are doing Jama - This should be expanded to all countries. Motivating kids to get better at maths is exactly what is needed to prepare them for the 'new world'

Update.

The contest has started on the 30th April and will end tomorrow 6th May at 11.59PM (Malaysian Time). Approximately 30 hours to go.

Within the duration of the contest, 260 peoples played the game so far, but only 23 participating in the contest (the ones installing Dash Wallet and register their receiving address in the game). I hope a few more participants to register before the closure of the contest so that I can distribute all the top 30 winners. Nevertheless, I received lots of questions regarding Dash and I expect more questions to come after the winners received their Dash.

The live chart is available at: http://pantassifir.ridinglinux.org/statistik/terbuka-minggu-182017

I'm now thinking about the mechanism of prize distribution whether to conduct manually 1-by-1 or there is a script that can populate all payments within a single transaction. Appreciate it if anybody can point me the right direction. I'm comfortable with Linux command lines if it is necessary.

On a side note, I will be talking about Dash & Cryptocurrency in the Malaysian Open Source Conference 2017 on the 18th May.
http://lanyrd.com/2017/moscmy/sfqmcc/
I already received 0.2 dash from https://dashnation.slack.com and these funds will be used in the hands on demonstration and will be distributed among the participants of the workshop. I hope the 2 hours session can garner more understanding and interests about Dash.

Cheers.

You should be able to send many payments in one tx by using sendmany rpc command, see "help sendmany" in Console (or "dash-cli help sendmany" in cmd-line)

Back