• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal Official DASH Checkout for Magento eCommerce

rafique

This pre-proposal is for the design and development of the official Dash Checkout extension for Magento eCommerce V1 and V2.

I am a fulltime Certified Magento developer with over 5 years experience developing extensions and modules for ecommerce merchants using the Magento platform.

I would like to propose the development of the DASH integration extension which will include testing and distribution via the Magento Connect Marketplace and piloting with test merchants.

My CV is here http://vyceversa.co.uk/
LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielrafique
GitHub https://github.com/Daniel-Rafique

Project overview
  • The extensions will be developed using PHP for the Magento ecommerce framework
  • Technical overview of the DASH API during the requirements gathering phase
  • Knowledge sharing of the current traditional ecommerce landscape and how the checkout flow can be optimised for DASH Payment
Technical overview
  • Knowledge of the DAPI will be required prior to making the official proposal to determine project scope and timelines
Deliverables
  • The project can be broken down into weekly sprints for each version of the extension (M1 and M2)
  • The extensions can initially be hosted on GitHub before being packaged distributed via Magento Connect
Budget
  • Official DASH Checkout for Magento 1.9 (150 Dash) including test merchants
  • Officail DASH Checkout for Magento 2.0 (150 Dash) including test merchants
This figure will include support, bug fixes and knowledge transfer to your in house dev team.

Yes @rafique , thank you for this. I would vote YES if
  1. your proposal had escrow.
  2. we had a clear document on what exactly this plugin should do so we are clear on what we will receive
  3. you split it in manageable deliverables (alpha, beta, final)
  4. the proposal had time estimates
  5. you explain how you're going to update the network on your progress
  6. the source code was made open source.
Also we are talking about $90,000 USD for a plugin. It seems very excessive.

2. we had a clear document on what exactly this plugin should do so we are clear on what we will receive

Agree ^ All of these things would be very helpful to clarify/develop to gain support.

Thanks for your interest in working for Dash :)

If it doesn't support IX, it's no different from any other crypto payment system...

Which means you're copying a system that already exists, and charging way too much to do it.

Need more info on IX support. You didn't even mention it.

what this guy
images
said.

Hi thankyou for your reply, as this is a pre-proposal I am open to making changes to the overall functionality through requirements gathering. I am also happy to include documentation for the extension once it is uploaded to the Magento marketplace and Github. In addition to project deliverables and timelines I can work with the network to facilitate visibility and transparency throughout the development process.

Please also note that this is for development of two extensions one for Magento 1.9.* and the other for Magento 2.0.* both are completely different frameworks and require separate approaches to development.

The proposal is mainly to alert Dash to the fact that I am willing and able to do the development work as well as offer exposure to merchants for onboading etc...

Last edited:
If it doesn't support IX, it's no different from any other crypto payment system...

Which means you're copying a system that already exists, and charging way too much to do it.

Need more info on IX support. You didn't even mention it.
Hi, I respect your opinion but this will be completely developed from scratch in accordance with the requirements detailed by Dash. Most payment methods will add another payment option to the checkout which in my opinion is not the way to do it. Having had a brief discussion with some of the core team during the London conference the idea is to not have Dash as part of merchants existing checkout flow. For this to work a new approach is required for the integration into Magento as a payment option and not simply copy and paste.

The reason I have requested to do it is I have the knowledge of integrations and order creation via 3rd party APIs and would rather help Dash do their official extension properly to avoid "barstadising" the Dash brand with copy and paste extensions that are not designed, developed or engineered correctly and therefore not future proof.

Last edited:
Back