• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre Proposal: Magento Dash Payments Plugin

Are you will vote in for this proposal?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

R3VoLuT1OneR

Hi,

I am new in Dash community but I have some cool proposal.
I am Magento expert and I can build Magento plugin for receiving Dash.
Magento is open source e-commerce platform.

Overview
Magento plugin that accepts Dash though "Dash Payment Processor". Option to select Dash payment method on checkout, get exchange rate from fiat to Dash. See order status.

Delivarable
Magento plugin will have next features:
  • Dash payment method select on checkout.
  • Order QR Code and status update page after checkout.
  • Email notification about new order and paid orders.

Futher Development
In future I think make more Crypto integration into Magento. So anyone could use the system fro bring up own e-commerce store or even creating market place.

For later development plugin will provide
  • Integrate Dash into Magento as additional currency. It will allow to set product prices in Dash. Extend default Magento exchange rate server with crypto currencies, so all rates would be imported automaticly from coinmarketcap.
  • Integrating into Magento much faster checkout options, for example product page checkout. For example, if you logged in user and already did order you can do fast checkout without leaving product page. We just show QR code for payment needed.

P.S. As I noob in Dash world, would like to speak with some experienced developer about it. It may be good product.

so for your initial deliverable it would include at least a conversion from fiat (USD or store default) pricing to Dash (based on coinmarketcap.com) and upon the completion of a sale the Dash goes into a user/store owner assigned Dash wallet address?

Do you have some example work - other plugins that you can link to so people can see your "resume"?
You can buy this product with for $1 with Decred here: http://decred-magento.r3volut1oner.com/testing-product.html
You should add testing product to cart, go to checkout and you will see Decred payment method.
It is now works with mainnet, still verifying and finishing it.
If you want test transaction I can switch to testnet.

I have nothing in Magento Marketplace and I like that you know what I am talking about :)

So, in near future I am will try to release Decred Magento plugin for private payments or no 3rd party payments.
I met some guys from your community and I think try to do same for Dash.

As well I see some missing parts in Magento that any crypto needs.
Things like price precision is hardcoded to 2 numbers or even adding crypto currency to Magento settings.
I am actually almost solved them, just need to code this into proper plugin.

And Magento have different plugins that can be used into converting it to Marketplace or any other e-commerce or not e-commerce website
that can accept payments in crypto without any 3rd party involved.

Back