• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Let millions of Chinese investors on Huobi invest Dash

@GrandMasterDash

It’s $300,000 you irresponsible idiot, we don’t “accept an adventure and see what happens” are you kidding?

Maybe you undervalue the efforts people have been making to crack China. You want to undermine the people that are on your side, working hard to make this happen? There are problems with this proposal, no doubt about it, but on balance, considering the facts and the risk-reward, I came to the conclusion that I will support the efforts of others to make this happen.

I apologize my one or two line comments didn't meet your standards.

Maybe you undervalue the efforts people have been making to crack China. You want to undermine the people that are on your side, working hard to make this happen? There are problems with this proposal, no doubt about it, but on balance, considering the facts and the risk-reward, I came to the conclusion that I will support the efforts of others to make this happen.
I apologize my one or two line comments didn't meet your standards.

I would vote yes on this proposal if it was clear what the $300,000 was for and if it had escrow. None of this is happening.

I never said anything about the work involved. Your logical fallacy is Strawman: misrepresenting someone's argument to make it easier to attack. You argue and debate like an 11 year old, which is ironic given your GrandMasterDash alias.

Last edited:
So our China coordinators from Core made a deal with Huobi behind closed doors and we were handed the bill in form of a 1,005 Dash proposal? 12.2 release and this proposal were clearly coordinated. Make use of the euphoria and such... Integration and marketing being already live on Huobi I feel completely blindsided here.

This right here is an excellent argument by @Macrochip to vote against this. Keep in mind I am not in any way against the integration, or agains paying exchanges. What I am saying is that this is a BAD proposal... the proposal itself is bad. Hope I am making sense. It's poorly worded, no escrow, no communication, no definite objective ($300,000 for what exactly?), huge amount of money and so on.

We should vote NO so OP can make a better proposal to correct all these issues.

Dear Dash Community members,

Thanks for all your feedbacks and discussions for the last few days. We are thrilled by the democratic culture here in Dash Community. We would love to clarify certain misunderstandings during our discussions here:

1. We are listing DASH because we are fascinated by Dash's technology innovation in the crypto world, as well as governance mechanism. Dash is a great example of how decentralization utilizes both technology development and organization governance. We are thrilled to have Dash, not only as an asset for trading on our platform, but also a long term partner. May we both live long and prosper.

2. Huobi Pro has been serving the Chinese customers since 2013 safely and stably, with industry-leading security practice, gaining deep marketing insights in the Asian cryptocurrency market as well as millions of users over the world. We do not see us as only a trading exchange, but also an educational hub for consumers to promote early adoption of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.

3. We see the integration of Dash to Huobi Pro as a chance for us to bring Dash as an innovative and truly decentralized cryptocurrency to our users. We are not charging Dash for listing on Huobi Pro, and we have already posted articles about Dash's uniqueness through our social media outlets to195k followers.

4. We see the 1000 Dash airdrop as a growth hacking style marketing strategy which would instantly attract users' interest to Dash along side our already-done social media education and promotions. Similar marketing strategy is quite popular in China, widely applied by internet companies, and is proved to be pretty effective. However, we do understand your concerns. We will have Dash China community member on site to conduct the airdrop with us together and provide a detailed airdrop report to Dash Community for your future reference.

5. We were running on a tight schedule to promote and list Dash before Segwit 2X as our marketing campaign for Dash focused on Dash Community's unity and efficiency in comparison to Bitcoin. It is unfortunate there was a rush between the pre-proposal thread and the proposal submission. We will amend our proposal with Q&As according to our discussions here this weekend.

6. We appreciate all your comments and feedbacks here, all of them are of great value to us. It is truly amazing to see such devoted discussions about project development in the crypto community. Our cooperation today is a great beginning of a long journey and an important strategic partnership. We will consider and evaluate the possibility of integrating InstantSend and adding more Dash trading pairs in future and timely update with Dash community members.

Last edited:
1. Who are we?

Huobi Pro (http://www.huobi.pro) is a digital asset exchange made for cryptocurrency traders and investors all over the world. We are headquartered in Singapore with intensive networks in Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North Americas.

Huobi Pro is a leading global digital asset financial services provider. Founded in 2013, with more than four years of industry-leading security practice, record-breaking marketing and operation experiences, top-notch R&D powerhouse, and most credited customer service system. As Huobi operated the digital asset exchange safely and stably for more than 4 years and managed over $1 billion USD and served millions of customers, Huobi is known as the world-class brand and the largest exchange (by BTC Volume) in China.

Due to recent regulations in china Huobi is now based out of Singapore with a new webpage ( http://www.huobi.pro )

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/huobi/

2. What’s the proposal for?

We are the leading global digital asset exchange – Huobi.pro. We would like to integrate Dash in our exchange. Not only bring Dash to our millions of users from 130+ countries and regions all over the world, but also make them Dash fans. We will spread Dash’s technology and unique characteristics to the Chinese market through our website announcements, articles, videos and training. Since Huobi is one of the largest exchanges in China and we’ve been operated for four years, we own great reputation in digital asset industry. Listing Dash on our exchange will definitely increase the popularity and liquidity of Dash in China, even the world.

3. What will we do?

a. Exchange. We will list Dash/BTC and Dash/USDT trading pairs on Huobi.pro and create millions of Dash hot wallets for our users and cold wallet for our platform.

b. Air drop. We will air drop Dash to all our bitcoin and litecoin traders, encourage them by this to use Dash, experience the Speed, try it out and see the difference in Dash and its technology. We will launch promotions to introduce Dash to our users and make them well aware and educated in Dash.

c. Marketing. We will post announcements on our website and Social Media which will be exposed to our millions of users, Dash will definitely get more popular in China. Huobi’s marketing channel will includes:

Twitter: 35k Followers

WeChat:160K Followers

Chinese Media: Jinse.com, BitKan, BTC123, AICoin

WeChat &QQ Group: more than 100 groups

Huobi Brilliants’Talk Show: 8 million audiences in total

Take the case of ETH launching on Huobi for example.

A. WeChat:

a,《【重要通知】ETH上线火币网,狂送ETH!》to tell users ETH launched in Huobi, get 21259 reading

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/AxYG5J1_b_nF6U-eWB3jMg

b.《【科普】以太坊到底是什么?有何价值?》to tell users value of ETH, get 14231 reading

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/0w8It9xvMObGyMHzv7_VCg

c. Huobi Brilliants’Talk Show:《【科普】比99%的人早懂以太坊(上)!》and《【科普】比99%的人早懂以太坊(下)!》to do online direct broadcast, get 30+Wechat goups and get 23K reading in total.

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/CWuZ96L6ff47ZVlO2Z765Q

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/ASaLlwQveu7d6W5FL7jWvA

B. Chinese Media

36kr: http://36kr.com/newsflashes/60364

Huaxia Times: http://www.huaxia.com/tslj/flsj/jr/2017/06/5341461.html

All of the Chinese bitcoin industry media such as Jinse.com, BTC123, AICoin and BitKan,released articles above.

C. Market quotations analysis websites

Hexun.com,jintou.com,FX168 and so on.

4. What do we think of Dash?

Bitcoin’s community has been struggling about the block size expansion for several years. But Dash community is very solid and united. We think a cryptocurrency with such team backup can only get better and bigger in the long run. Bitcoin is just the first cryptocurrency like BTCChina, which was the first exchange in China. But BTCChina has almost vanished in the Chinese market. We think Dash has a great opportunity to surpass Bitcoin, Huobi Pro will have a win-win cooperation with Dash and wants to be part of that push forward.

This budget proposal is part of our Marketing Strategy already, as we are explaining with this, to the general Cryptocurrenmcy Community, how Consensus can and should work in a Decentralized Project / Team. The timing with the recent (and coming) BTC fork is prefect to show how Dash accomplished it’s consensus with the Budget System

Above all, we’d like to request 1005 Dash for our proposal.

1. 5 Dash reimbursement for the proposal cost.

2. 1000 Dash for air drop (see Point 3.) to our bitcoin and litecoin users, who are our active trading users on our exchange. There are hundreds of thousands of active bitcoin and litecoin trading users. Each of them can get about 0.001-0.01Dash.

3. Extra marketing and technical development costs (integration) will be handled by Huobi ourselves.

We are looking forward to a successful cooperation with the Dash Community and Core Team

If you want to know more about Huobi and Huobi.pro, please click here: https://medium.com/huobi-global
This is wonderful , fully support it :)

Dear Dash Community members,

Thanks for all your feedbacks and discussions for the last few days. We are thrilled by the democratic culture here in Dash Community. We would love to clarify certain misunderstandings during our discussions here:

1. We are listing DASH because we are fascinated by Dash's technology innovation in the crypto world, as well as governance mechanism. Dash is a great example of how decentralization utilizes both technology development and organization governance. We are thrilled to have Dash, not only as an asset for trading on our platform, but also a long term partner. May we both live long and prosper.

2. Huobi Pro has been serving the Chinese customers since 2013 safely and stably, with industry-leading security practice, gaining deep marketing insights in the Asian cryptocurrency market as well as millions of users over the world. We do not see us as only a trading exchange, but also an educational hub for consumers to promote early adoption of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.

3. We see the integration of Dash to Huobi Pro as a chance for us to bring Dash as an innovative and truly decentralized cryptocurrency to our users. We are not charging Dash for listing on Huobi Pro, and we have already posted articles about Dash's uniqueness through our social media outlets to195k followers.

4. We see the 1000 Dash airdrop as a growth hacking style marketing strategy which would instantly attract users' interest to Dash along side our already-done social media education and promotions. Similar marketing strategy is quite popular in China, widely applied by internet companies, and is proved to be pretty effective. However, we do understand your concerns. We will have Dash China community member on site to conduct the airdrop with us together and provide a detailed airdrop report to Masternodes for your future reference.

5. We were running on a tight schedule to promote and list Dash before Segwit 2X as our marketing campaign for Dash focused on Dash Community's unity and efficiency in comparison to Bitcoin. It is unfortunate there was a rush between the pre-proposal thread and the proposal submission. We will amend our proposal with Q&As according to our discussions here this weekend.

6. We appreciate all your comments and feedbacks here, all of them are of great value to us. It is truly amazing to see such devoted discussions about project development in the crypto community. Our cooperation today is a great beginning of a long journey and an important strategic partnership. We will consider and evaluate the possibility of integrating InstantSend and adding more Dash trading pairs in future and timely update with Dash community members.

Thank you -- I appreciate the way you are approaching this. I still do not plan on voting for this proposal, but I don't think there is anything else I can add about it that hasn't already been said, so I'm not going to keep beating a dead horse. Thanks for your efforts--

I need every Yes voter to be fully aware:

This proposal is NOT about adding Dash to Huobi. Dash already IS on Huobi and being traded as we speak.

This is ONLY about giving away 1000 Dash to their customers. Nothing else. Don't be fooled by the title!

Yes correct , and I like that very much imagine all the millions who get to experience dash for the first time ... The fact that our tx fees are so low and there is instant send etc all these traders could use dash for arbitrage between different exchanges etc that's what is awesome

And you really believe that?

Let's say it plain and simple: They don't "experience" jack. They get some free Dash on their exchange account. They don't download and install the wallet, they don't use InstantSend, they don't visit the website or join our community. They have no reason to do any of those things. They get free money to trade with. End of story.

Ok i guess you live in an alternate universe where marketing is completely useless ... Most marketing strategies don't believe 100% conversion but are happy with 5-10% initially , it will slowly build up ...

Last edited:
Ok i guess you live in an alternate universe where marketing is completely useless ... Most marketing strategies don't believe 100% conversion but are happy with 5-10% intially it will slowly build up ...

Save your sarcasm, you're not winning an argument by accusing me of idiocy. Learn the meaning of the word "efficiency", then we can continue to talk.

Frankly, I'm tired of all this "I'm so clever, let's do nothing" nonsense. Sitting at home pretending they're some kind of hot-shot wheeler-dealer. Those saying no to this don't know shit. Fact is, here is a somebody telling you, with their best experience and intentions of the Chinese market, that this could be a great win-win collaboration. Not like they haven't put up because they have, "1000 Dash is not enough to air drop our traders. The extra cost will be handled by us." and "Being one of the largest exchanges in China, we understand our investor deeply, and we can help our investors to acquire knowledge of Dash in various ways"".

Let's get this straight. If this was Coinbase and they blew it on Lambos, you'd be licking their arse, but when it's asian culture to give money you want to say no.

Go ahead, dig in your heels and say no, see where it gets you. Or grow some balls and do something different today.

Save your sarcasm, you're not winning an argument by accusing me of idiocy. Learn the meaning of the word "efficiency", then we can continue to talk.
sorry about the sarcasm , but like @GrandMasterDash said we need to take very careful look at the asian crypto scene which is obviously what controls the entire market. i mean for god sake bitcoin cash which didnt exist is now worth what $20 billion dollar , why ? coz it has the support of wuhan , of the biggest chinese miners out there. thats who powerful chinese investors are , granted its slowed a bit after clampdown , but the chinese are the ones with the highest savings in the world , out here in the west , most people are running neck deep in debt, who do you want to market to ?

The only thing we should be worried whether its genuine exchange folks and if they are i would be jumping with joy.

Just wait for a doubling of price in dash once the air drop completes.

I'm not sure the 1000 D would benefit from escrow.
-Core have already verified the identity of this organization.
-Huobi is an established exchange with solid rep and will get the 1000 D to distribute as they see fit.

Either you agree with the air drop and marketing to Huobi traders or not. Simple as that.

I tend to agree that this is a good opportunity to take some of the attention from BCH and capitalize on the "big block" fever.

I'm not sure the 1000 D would benefit from escrow.
-Core have already verified the identity of this organization.
-Huobi is an established exchange with solid rep and will get the 1000 D to distribute as they see fit.

Either you agree with the air drop and marketing to Huobi traders or not. Simple as that.

I tend to agree that this is a good opportunity to take some of the attention from BCH and capitalize on the "big block" fever.

Well i originaly wanted escrow before i knew that the Dash integration was already done. Now i think it's fine without.

I do not understand. This proposal is to give away 1000 Dash to Huobi customers. I vote "no". But when I posted "No, not a chance", my post was deleted and I was labelled a "troll". Why would this make me a troll?

Thanks everyone from Dash community for the discussions here! We summarized major questions discussed with our answers here for your convenience and will keep it updated:

1. What is the 1000 Dash for? Are you charging us for listing Dash?

The 1000 Dash is for airdropping to active BTC and LTC users from Huobi. Estimated average amount per user will be probably 0.001~0.01 Dash.

We already listed Dash and posted post announcements on our website and Social Media outlets which cover at least 195k followers for free. You can check it out at http://huobi.pro/, https://twitter.com/huobicom and https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?timestam...AVOTvrK06lNe64HyrVuJbfXR*oC*mYdcMkjuhtG1U15Q=

2. Why is there no escrow of the 1000 Dash?

We definitely appreciate ’s offer. Unfortunately, escrow will not work with our cold wallet due to technical reasons. To make sure the 1000 Dash all goes to users, We will have Dash China community member on site to conduct the airdrop with us together and provide a detailed airdrop report to Dash Community for your future reference.

3. What does Dash gain from Huobi airdropping 1000 Dash to users?

Airdropping is actually a win-win for Dash and Huobi and we see it as a beginning of a great long-term partnership with Dash.

1) Airdropping and similar marketing methods such as WeChat Lucky Money as growth hacking style marketing strategy has been proven effective and successful for internet companies and are widely applied by tech startups.

2) We are not doing the airdropping as a random, isolated event. We plan to launch a more comprehensive marketing and educational campaign alongside the 1000 Dash airdrop if the proposal passes.

3) The airdrop, as part of the comprehensive campaign, would provide hundreds of thousands of people in China an instant chance to recognize Dash as an innovative cryptocurrency as well as an amazing application of blockchain technology. We consider education and practice go hand in hand as one of the best ways to achieve mass adoption of cryptocurrency, and plan to do so with Dash as one of the cryptocurrencies which definitely deserves such adoption in China.

4) We are also open to suggestions from Dash community for the marketing campaign and airdropping execution.

4. Can you implement InstantSend to Huobi or list more Dash trading pairs?

As previously explained, we see the proposed Airdropping and the future marketing campaign (which we are doing for free) as a beginning of a long term partnership with Dash community. Rome is not built in one day, and we’d like to keep this proposal sweet and simple this time, focusing on the airdropping, working on raising awareness and adoption first. We will consider and evaluate adding more Dash trading pairs and implementation of InstantSend later with more market data analytics after this great beginning of our partnership.

5. It was less than 12 hours between starting the pre-proposal discussion and submission of your proposal. We were still in the middle of discussion, why such a rush?

It was never meant to be in such a rush as it seemed to be. We were running on a tight schedule to promote and list Dash before supposedly-to-happen Segwit 2X as our marketing campaign for Dash focused on Dash Community's unity and efficiency in comparison to Bitcoin.

We learned a great lesson these few days through our discussions on the forum and Dashcentral. It was actually amazing and refreshing to see such devoted and serious discussion about project development and governance. To make up for the rush, we are updating our proposal with this Q&A link according to our discussions and keep updating it onwards.

We had so many great feedbacks from community members, to name a few, Macrochip, Stealth923, Leonidas, Walter, tungfa, Alexy, Raico, camosoul, TroyDash, GrandMasterDash, qwizzie, strophy, kot, TheSingleton, Green Candle, and it is hard to complete this list so I’ll just end it here. We appreciate your feedbacks and are open for future suggestions for marketing strategies with Dash. We will keep this Q&A post updated! Please make sure to come back to see if this Q&A addresses your concerns.

Last edited:
Back