• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Let millions of Chinese investors on Huobi invest Dash

Dear Dash community,

Allow me to add some info from the view of Dash China team in cooperation with Huobi.

Huobi is one of the biggest three crypto-currency exchanges in China. They have a large number of BTC,LTC,ETH user trading in their platform. Most of the Chinese investor step into the crypto world just go with the fame. They want to trade crypto, so the big three exchanges are their first choice, Huobi plays a very important role. Users know BTC,LTC,ETH... so they trade it in Huobi. But why they don't trade Dash? Because most of them don't know Dash and the ones who know can't find trading pairs in the big 3. So it's very hard to promote Dash in China. Besides, Huobi is become more globalization which means their influence will be more broad.

What will happen if Dash added in Huobi? Dash exposed in front of the primary Chinese crypto investors. They will have chances to know what is Dash, and after the comparison with the BTC/LTC/ETH...you know what i mean.

- As for the 1000 Dash, It's not the "on board fee". Huobi don't charge any fees for adding new crypto-currency. The only standard is whether the currency is valuable for the investors trading in their platform. "It's not the money at all." Said Huobi. Furthermore, They've already prepared the amount of Dash for the air drop before they submit the proposal.

- The exchange is also an important part of Dash ecosystem. Huobi is willing to participate in our ecological construction and want to experience how it works by submitting a proposal of what they are planning to do. It's a good start, right?

Think about the customer resource (thousands of BTC&LTC&ETH investors who would become the Dash potential investors.), the market position and the platform advantage.....

Going to vote Yes. Now that some of the confusion has cleared up I think this Proposal will help dash.

But just for the Future, they should have mentioned that the Dash integration and the Marketing where basically done already. And leave the pre-proposal up for a couple of days before submitting the real proposal to allow for discussion. Though if we had known that the integration was already done we wouldn't have had less to discuss.

Dear Dash community,

Allow me to add some info from the view of Dash China team in cooperation with Huobi.

Huobi is one of the biggest three crypto-currency exchanges in China. They have a large number of BTC,LTC,ETH user trading in their platform. Most of the Chinese investor step into the crypto world just go with the fame. They want to trade crypto, so the big three exchanges are their first choice, Huobi plays a very important role. Users know BTC,LTC,ETH... so they trade it in Huobi. But why they don't trade Dash? Because most of them don't know Dash and the ones who know can't find trading pairs in the big 3. So it's very hard to promote Dash in China. Besides, Huobi is become more globalization which means their influence will be more broad.

What will happen if Dash added in Huobi? Dash exposed in front of the primary Chinese crypto investors. They will have chances to know what is Dash, and after the comparison with the BTC/LTC/ETH...you know what i mean.

- As for the 1000 Dash, It's not the "on board fee". Huobi don't charge any fees for adding new crypto-currency. The only standard is whether the currency is valuable for the investors trading in their platform. "It's not the money at all." Said Huobi. Furthermore, They've already prepared the amount of Dash for the air drop before they submit the proposal.

- The exchange is also an important part of Dash ecosystem. Huobi is willing to participate in our ecological construction and want to experience how it works by submitting a proposal of what they are planning to do. It's a good start, right?

Think about the customer resource (thousands of BTC&LTC&ETH investors who would become the Dash potential investors.), the market position and the platform advantage.....

I am still not seeing from your explanation why there is a marginal benefit worth 1000 dash to fund this proposal. Wanting to participate in our ecological construction and wanting to experience how it works is not a good justification for sending money to double an airdrop amount for their marketing campaign, imo. The benefits you speak of are already existing without this extra money.

@huobipro

1. Please explain briefly what exactly would the Dash network get for the 1000 Dash you're requesting?

2. Other coins didn't pay to be listed and your company will benefit from the listing. Please explain briefly the purpose of this money

edit: referenced the wrong user

Last edited:
Is it possible to force Huobi users to claim the Dash and download the core wallet?
I would like to see them have to use the Dash and get an experience with its speed and low fees as opposed to it just sitting in their account and not have to interact with it.

Air drop of .001 Dash is barely enough to cover the IS tx fee as it is right now before DIP0001 is enforced on the network.

I am against air drops but for marketing. Seems like a bad precedent to set when promoting Dash on a new exchange.

Come up with a separate marketing proposal and I will consider it.

Last edited:
@Raico

1. Please explain briefly what exactly would the Dash network get for the 1000 Dash you're requesting?

2. Other coins didn't pay to be listed and your company will benefit from the listing. Please explain briefly the purpose of this money

He's on the dash team, not Huobi.

We would be happy to help if the Community see's the value in this.

We should learn from our mistakes and require escrow for ALL proposals over $5k. We can debate over $5k, $50k, $500k but I guess no one can argue against having escrow if a proposal is over a certain amount.

Thank you for your insight long time community member of 32 minutes able to talk about "us" in his very first post on this forum...

In other news this proposal has merely been submitted, far from approved, so nobody has given away anything yet.

Very kind of you to call me troll. I'm in the project since it was called Darkcoin. The votes for the proposal “dash-on-huobipro“are 338 "yes", 75 "no", realy close to give away more than 330,000 $. But people say no to a documentary to reach millons of people. We put money a lot of money in Bitcart, why?

We behave like poors and crying for people to accept it giving Dash away as if it was worth nothing.
We have no idea of marketing and anyone who offers some shit we give money.
I'm sorry, but why do we need stickers on a plane?
It makes much more sense to invest in people who have the idea of marketing and not hitting shots in the air. Litecoin that is a garbage is winning the game without doing anything and "dash" investing in everything on his shadow.

plus the work is already done , its going to start trading Dash today and we have 20 days left to decide !!!!
We should learn from our mistakes and require escrow for ALL proposals over $5k. We can debate over $5k, $50k, $500k but I guess no one can argue against having escrow if a proposal is over a certain amount.
its Live Today , MNOs have until the end of the proposal to decide !!!!

We are trying to work out a standard pricing structure for what the escrow levels we handle will be and what the fees and reporting requirements will be for each level as well.

Very kind of you to call me troll.

Read my other messages in this thread. You'll realize that I'm not a fan of this proposal either, just like you. I'm on your side. Maybe I marked you as "troll" because I didn't like you calling our entire community "stupid"?

Back to topic:

So our China coordinators from Core made a deal with Huobi behind closed doors and we were handed the bill in form of a 1,005 Dash proposal? 12.2 release and this proposal were clearly coordinated. Make use of the euphoria and such... Integration and marketing being already live on Huobi I feel completely blindsided here.

What I dislike the most is how voting against this proposal is conflated with not wanting Dash on Huobi. Us "No"-voters aren't idiots. Of course we want Dash on Huobi, which Dash holder doesn't? The question is, why should we pay 1000 Dash that are 100% not needed for that goal?

If other proposals (that aim to bring us better value than a bunch of happy day-traders) are bumped out because of this one I strongly urge the barely convinced "Yes"-voters to consider switching to "No".

Hi Guys,
I think it is a good idea not to have a vanilla airdrop, but instead Huobi use the Dash for marketing akin to a bonus - we don't want to throw Dash around like it has no value, even if this doesn't cost us 'personally' because it comes from DGBB it's still real money. Perhaps a 5% bonus on Dash purchases on limited basis (up to 1 Dash per person), in combination with a proper marketing push? What does everyone think..

why should we pay 1000 Dash that are 100% not needed for that goal?
- because we can. this way we show respect to the chinese people, they like this giving things thing.
- we are the only coin who can do this, it's 'showing off'.

we should support our chinees team in this. it's a huge but difficult market. they deserve our support.

I think the reason we've found this a little contentious is the lack of a comparative proposal. But the way I see it, we have a small team that have been working hard behind the scenes to help us crack China (and asian markets in general). So I think, let's accept this adventure and see what happens. It could be a roaring success, how we going to know if we don't at least try.

I think the reason we've found this a little contentious is the lack of a comparative proposal. But the way I see it, we have a small team that have been working hard behind the scenes to help us crack China (and asian markets in general). So I think, let's accept this adventure and see what happens. It could be a roaring success, how we going to know if we don't at least try.

@GrandMasterDash

It’s $300,000 you irresponsible idiot, we don’t “accept an adventure and see what happens” are you kidding?

- because we can. this way we show respect to the chinese people, they like this giving things thing.
- we are the only coin who can do this, it's 'showing off'.

@Vedran Yoweri

Hey can "show off" with your own money you irresponsible moron, not with everyone else's money. And "because we can" is the stupidest argument one could come up with.

@GrandMasterDash

It’s $300,000 you irresponsible idiot, we don’t “accept an adventure and see what happens” are you kidding?

What did you say about ad hominems, or does it not apply to you?

I have made other comments in this thread. Why you don't consider those collectively?

What do you know about me and my familiarity / relationships with asian markets? Nothing. No, instead you just want to attack my decisions because of previous run-ins.

But it's okay, complain all you like, the ballot box will have the final say and I will accept it regardless.

Back