• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Let millions of Chinese investors on Huobi invest Dash

If you airdrop dash to users to experience speed, you'd better have instasend enabled for deposits and withdrawals on the exchange.

And escrow 1000dash until that is delivered for those users?

Why would an exchange need to implement instant send?
It’s more like instant receive, until it’s spendable agin it need to get confirmated x times right?

Of course market presence in Asia is needed, and a marketing campaign is great but I don’t see how airdropping a coin would convey much value.

DASH pairs would be awesome.
As would be a real user marketing campaign, which would also lead to more trading

Instantsend deposits would be extremely useful for arbitrage

that's a really dumb thing for them to do.

i hate airdrops / giving away free coins as much as any of you, but could it be a cultural thing? would really like the china team to chip in.

I think the following compensates for the airdrop costs :

c. Marketing. We will post announcements on our website and Social Media which will be exposed to our millions of users, Dash will definitely get more popular in China. Huobi’s marketing channel will includes:

Twitter: 35k Followers

WeChat:160K Followers

Chinese Media: Jinse.com, BitKan, BTC123, AICoin

WeChat &QQ Group: more than 100 groups

Huobi Brilliants’Talk Show: 8 million audiences in total

All in all i regard it as something to sweeten the deal with. So be it.

I was in favour of this proposal but I wanted to see them use an escrow.

Well this sucks.

I think support InstantSend is critical, and I also think we don’t need any budget for airdrop. That only attracts more speculation.

After reading discussions I am in 2 minds, yes I think that airdropping is not the best idea, but I dont know a thing about how to get the Chinese market going, so I will trust their judgement as they have been operating one of the biggest exchanges in China and know how to get their massive user base to listen.

What I DONT want to happen is we get integrated and forgotten about, whats the point in that? Integration should have marketing attached and work hand in hand. Whats the point of integrating and most people go "meh" and carry on using bitcoin and litecoin.

I see it more long term, if Huobi integrates us and it goes really well and more liquidity is added, OKEx, Coinone may add Dash and add more liquidity which then starts a chain reaction where Coinbase, Bitstamp etc start to take us more seriously, then would you say the 1MN air drop was worth the marketing?

We cannot see the value of all marketing proposals as its all a risk/reward but this is our first chance to get China on-board and I am not throwing away this opportunity.

For me to vote yes:
1) Escrow of 1000 Dash MUST happen.
2) InstantSend integrated for BOTH deposits and withdrawals.
3) Detailed reporting of marketing and air dropping back to Masternodes.
4) If we can get more Dash pairs on that would be a bonus!

p.s besides saying flat out no to air drop, anyone have any other ideas to market this integration effectively within China?

I think support InstantSend is critical, and I also think we don’t need any budget for airdrop. That only attracts more speculation.

I dont consider enabling InstantSend on Huobi critical for passing this budget proposal, they said that they will look into it and thats enough for me.
The airdrop thing .. well .. Huobi obviously feels strongly about that and it clearly forms a part of the deal.
People voting no on the actual budget proposal (https://www.dashcentral.org/p/dash-on-huobipro) because of the airdrop, need to understand they will also be voting no to integration of Dash to Huobi.

That means it gets uncertain if Huobi will integrate Dash on the short term, while we have an opportunity to arrange that integration right now.

Also i think we need to have a seperate discussion in our community about how we could integrate escrow methods & pre-proposal discussions more effectively in our budget system, because i think those two can be easily
overlooked when creating a budget proposal.

Last edited:
I dont consider enabling InstantSend on Huobi critical for passing this budget proposal, they said that they will look into it and thats enough for me.
The airdrop thing .. well .. Huobi obviously feels strongly about that and it clearly forms a part of the deal.
People voting no on the actual budget proposal (https://www.dashcentral.org/p/dash-on-huobipro) because of the airdrop, need to understand they will also be voting no to integration of Dash to Huobi.

That means it gets uncertain if Huobi will integrate Dash on the short term, while we have an opportunity to arrange that integration right now.

True, but their last words here were, "Thanks for your advice. We hope it could be clearer for community. It is midnight in Beijing now. Let's talk tomorrow. Good night.". And then the proposal was posted! I don't feel like voting until there is some kind of explanation.

If I cared about "short term" I wouldn't be in Dash. On a global scale Huobi isn't even a Top 20 exchange btw

The crypto world are laughing at us. We are giving away free money! I don't know if I'll cry for how stupid we are!

The crypto world are laughing at us. We are giving away free money! I don't know if I'll cry for how stupid we are!

Thank you for your insight long time community member of 32 minutes able to talk about "us" in his very first post on this forum...

In other news this proposal has merely been submitted, far from approved, so nobody has given away anything yet.

that's a really dumb thing for them to do.

i hate airdrops / giving away free coins as much as any of you, but could it be a cultural thing? would really like the china team to chip in.

guys take it easy
yes it is a cultural thing
they are still learning the system and 'how to' - hence
huobi did the pre proposal thread (here) as asked, sure they did the proposal a bit quick - but not everybody is a pro as us
(+ they wanna build some PR and promotion around that proposal , so they need to put it out there early to have time build that marketing)

yes there are a lot of cultural differences (as with any other culture / country)
giveaways are a big thing in china , i had multiple conversations with our chinese team + Huobi about it
i trust them , a they are 'the' locals and know that culture (that is why Alexy + raico are our Dash China Team since 3 years +)
we have these people in place because we need their input for that culture - as decentralised as we are we have to be in cultural differences as well
so - if they (the locals) confirm to us - it is the way to go in their country / culture - i listen to them as they 'know' (and that is what they are hired for)
;)

This proposal would be much more valuable if you could integrate Dash's Instant Send because the arbitrage opportunity of trades with Dash would increase your revenue and it would also represent a necessary step towards making Dash a base pair as it would become much more efficient than btc as a reserve cryptocurrency

I do hate the idea of giving it to traders holding LTC and BTC. Can't the 1000 Dash just be used to allow it's users to not have to pay withdraw fee until the funds run out? They could even set up a masternode and airdrop the rewards to everyone holding 1 Dash on their exchange. You know incentivise people to buy Dash instead of giving it to them.

Back