• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Let millions of Chinese investors on Huobi invest Dash

I agree that this would be great if genuine. You mentioned you are in touch *with them.* Are you satisfied that this is genuinely an accountable activity of the exchange (vs. some isolated guy who works there, but is on his way out looking for his own retirement boost)? Of course, once they have those funds, who knows what really happens. We've seen that enough times before...80% 'integration' 20% air drop. I would prefer knowing that the Dash team had some coordinating element here, but if bone fide, I like it.

it is Huobi and they are the real thing !
the contacts are 100% legit !
yes we are in touch with the team , the contact came over or China Team (alexy and raico)
and i was helping out in communications and some ideas.

air drops are not nessacery our/my style
but i know that in china this really works and is used across the platform.
Huobi has a very good name on the mainland and is respected + under the top 3 exchanges since a long time
We at Dash struggled a long time to get adopted in the top 3 exchanges and now seems the time;)
in our conversations i made the Huobi team aware of our process (proposals) expects transparency and data afterwords to report back to community and MNO's

what i personally like here is
4. What do we think of Dash?
their approach to do a proposal to show the other communities how governance and consensus is supposed to work (vs just forking BTC style), and the PR huobi wants to build around that . Specially in china (huge volume) where the market is 80-90% (i am guessing) BTC, this is a great PR / Marketing idea / push !
(they are running this as a personal experiment, they will then report to their community / traders)
;)

Hello and thank you for your proposal.

Right off the bat, I think that this is a great proposal and am excited about the prospect of working together. The fact that the money is going to people in your system to get them interested in dash is a great way to use funding for an already established business. My one question pertains to trading pairs. What is the reasoning behind not including DASH/CNY trading pair?

@huoibpro So what would it take to incorporate Instant Send? I'm not clear what makes this so impossible for you to do right now? If (or more likely when) this proposal is successful. I'm also mystified as to why no Dash / CNY trading pair so as others have asked why is that not on the table?

Its a promotion for the chinese crypto users. We have the opportunity to be integrated in the market AND having a way to do marketing at the same time. No brainer, yes yes yes

Should require InstantSend to be enabled. If multiple exchanges have it enabled it could allow Dash to be moved instantly from one exchange to another which would improve efficiency of cross-exchange arbitrage trading. Kraken already has it enabled. If Dash becomes the fastest and cheapest way to move funds between exchanges it would be a big benefit for us.

Need more convincing on the air drop. Not sure if this is worth the cost.

Is anyone from Dash core Business Development engaged yet? I know there is a vacancy at the moment...

I get what you are saying but getting our foot into the Chinese / Asian market is a very hard nut to crack. Having a big name like Huobi be our sponsor and advocate for Dash over bitcoin is worth the 1000D alone... This will help stimulate user adoption throughout the region.

Secondly, the Dash treasury helps us keep growing but can also be a negative in that we need to pay for adoption. I dont mind paying, as every integration will raise usage, price and adoption. If we keep saying no because x,y,z coin got on for free, we wont get anywhere.

No disrespect, but this reads like an appeal to emotion. Dash got many places on its own merits without buying its way there in the past already.

But more importantly I think you're conflating two independent things here: OP specifically said the 1000 Dash would be used for an airdrop, nothing else. This adds neiher to their financial nor technical ability of adding Dash to the exchange. They're perfectly capable of adding Dash to the exchange for free (albeit w/o Dash-specific features). This airdrop is just a gimmick, so the "cost", as some seem to perceive it, doesn't really exist. That's why this shouldn't even be viewed as an integration proposal at all: They could add Dash free of charge, there's zero dependency on handing them free coins.

We shouldn't do everything just because we can. @camosoul is right. The fact that it's not our own money really makes us reckless. This is concerning.

We'll learn responsible spending the easy or the hard way. This proposal leads definitely to the latter.

Woah...

I'm still confused why DASH has to pay a financial penalty for integration, but every other coin gets integrated out of pocket?

Air Drop? You've gotta be shitting me...

So DASH sucks so bad that it has to pay for integration, and also has to buy interest from a mob of cryptotards?

And if we don't pay up, you'll be mad/offended and refuse to ever integrate DASH because we didn't give you free stuff?

The budget has become a snowflake ransom system...

I can see this as a good thing, because Bitcoin has become a blockchain photocopier worse than government money printing... Pissing off exchanges that support this behavior keep DASH clean of it.

When you fork, one side must die off or you're just money printing.

OP specifically said the 1000 Dash would be used for an airdrop, nothing else.
And you believe it? Even if so, we're literally being asked to take 1000 DASH and scatter it to the wind... DASH sucks s bad that this is the only way it can garner interest?
We shouldn't do everything just because we can. @camosoul is right. The fact that it's not our own money really makes us reckless. This is concerning.

We'll learn responsible spending the easy or the hard way. This proposal leads definitely to the latter.
It sucks to be the only adult in the room for 3 years...

Pain is an excellent teacher, learn well...

Last edited:
I could see helping them figure out how to integrate IX.

Airdrop; fuck no.

If this proposal were revamped in a floor strike-all amendment that asks for help integrating IX to a variety of trading pairs, even ALT/DASH; AND NOTHING ELSE, I might, maybe be persuaded to vote for the first time in forever...

I see an inherent conflict of interest in exchanges. They don't care about money printing. They don't care about utility, technology, usability or feature set. They care about lots of money changing hands for no reason with piles of fees collected. Exchanges actually encourage ponzi, and we see it in the airdrop.

If you integrate IX for instant transfers, even that is a bit of a letdown, because all you're doing is accelerating/enabling arbitrage ponzi... Which is all traders and exchanges really care about.

The airdrop idea comes from a bad place, and makes it worse.

Last edited:
Look at crypto at large. The cracks are showing. Obnoxious use-cases for blockchain are being invented that don't have any real purpose. BTC is reduced to photocopying itself; I thought crypto was supposed to end money printing? There's a "diverse, organic ecosystem" around trying to band-aid 1st-gen crypto's failings and prop it up as an investment. Most of the ponzi wasn't intended, but it drew that crowd due to it's lack of feature set, preventing it being good for anything else. That crowd is now the overwhelming majority; even in DASH. This is why I say the budget may be bustd and grossly abused, but that may actually be a good thing given the absolute retards that are voting... They've run at every tangent other than fixing the problems, even unto betraying all of it's original tenets... They're begging for government to step in. The implosion will be several orders of magnitude worse than MtGox... You think there won't be a government over-reaction, and that it won't be very, very ugly for crypto?

DASH needs to blaze it's own trail, not follow suit in the clueless immaturity. DASH needs to stand apart, and very publicly distance itself from crypto-at-large before that inevitable "crackdown" comes. DASH needs to distance itself so it doesn't get included.

How can DASH claim to be different, if it plays all the same dirty ponzi games?

My septic tank is a "diverse, organic ecosystem" but, that doesn't make it a good place to live. It's a fuckin' septic tank! Why are you even considering it? Just because a bunch of idiots live in their septic tanks? Turn on your brain and go your own way...

You've got to look at the bigger picture, and see how you're fitting into it. If the bigger picture is bad, you need to go make your own damn picture. This means you won't have many friends. You'll have to leave the failures and losers behind, and they won't like that. You'll have to work with only a trusted few who "get it." The losers can cry about how unfair it is when they get left behind. Again. Still.

There is no "wisdom of the crowd" for winners and winning; because winners are so very few, and not part of the crowd. "Wisdom of the crowd" is noting but the consensus opinion of a bunch of losers trapped in the center of the Bell Curve. DASH is supposed to be those few in the 99th percentile.

Not an airdrop to the cryptotards.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for replying. It is the first time we approach Dash community and we are so glad to see the cooperation begins. What everyone cares about can be list.

1. When does Huobi.pro support InstantSend function because it can show how Dash is different from Bitcoin and Litecoin?

—— InstantSend is a very important function of Dash, we will discuss with our tech team to have a research on it and give an estimation.

2. Why does Dash need to pay an entry fee on Huobi.pro while other coins not?

—— We are sorry to cause misunderstanding on it. There is no entry fee on Huobi.pro. We only launch what we think is suitable for our users. Dash is the one. Actually, Huobi.pro already bought Dash for air drop to Bitcoin and Litecoin traders. According to our experience, 1000 Dash is not enough to air drop our traders. The extra cost will be handled by us.

As we think Dash has great potentials to become a worldwide e-cash platform, we want more people to learn it. Air drop is only a part of the promotion that we do for Dash. Being one of the largest exchanges in China, we understand our investor deeply, and we can help our investors to acquire knowledge of Dash in various ways.

3. How do you ensure you use these coins of Dash as air drop?

——That is a good question. Firstly, as 2nd point said, Huobi.pro already bought Dash for this activity and it is not using for add Dash trading pairs. Secondly, we welcome Dash China community involve in and supervise our activities. Thirdly, we will give a report on it for Dash community.

Thanks for your advice. We hope it could be clearer for community. It is midnight in Beijing now. Let's talk tomorrow. Good night.

Not a masternode, but yea I agree that we need to be on Huobi, but it doesn't make sense to pay for something other coins get for free. Honestly, Huobi is going to regret not having Dash come Evolution time, so I say we hold out for more. Perhaps ask them to make Dash a base trading pair. Dash/usdt, Dash/btc, Dash/Bch, Dash/Eth, Dash/Ltc, Dash/xlm, Dash/Xrp, Dash/Xem.

I see an inherent conflict of interest in exchanges. They don't care about money printing. They don't care about utility, technology, usability or feature set. They care about lots of money changing hands for no reason with piles of fees collected. Exchanges actually encourage ponzi, and we see it in the airdrop.

If you integrate IX for instant transfers, even that is a bit of a letdown, because all you're doing is accelerating/enabling arbitrage ponzi... Which is all traders and exchanges really care about.
Quoting self to emphasize this specific point.

Due to ponzi influx induced by a longstanding lack of feature set, "investors" often have polar-opposed interests to DASH's aims to fulfill all the broken promises of the Satoshi Experiment.

It's hard to find a common ground when most of your features are irrelevant to the audience.

Air drops work for ponzi-minded interests. DASH needs to separate itself from that. But, that is Huobi's bread and butter... DASH is nothing but another abbreviation on their target demographics' Ouija Boards. They don't know shit abut it, and they don't want to know shit about it. This doesn't benefit DASH.

If they really did already buy 1000 DASH to support that interest, lets see them drop it as an act of good faith. Its of no interest or benefit to us to add more to that pile. It attracts the sort of users Huobi wants, but not the kind we want. It's a demographic mistarget. If they invested in it and it worked for them, good for them! I'm not going to double their stack on an empty promise, and for a purpose that does not further our interests.

Then, we could discuss paying someone experienced to help them integrate IX.

No, better idea. Propose IX integration now, and vote on it. Hold IX integration payment in escrow until we see the air drop land.

Then we'll know if they actually do have it, and aren't just talking game to get more.
We'll also know if their intentions to drop it are real.

If both of those prove true, then we have established trust.

In a way, this is a bigger opportunity than most proposals, simply from the opportunity to establish trust angle.

Last edited:
IMO, the purpose of integrating with an exchange is to increase access to Dash, *not* for the exchange to act as a marketing agent for Dash. I think the intention of an airdrop is most likely to stimulate trading activity and by extension, fees for the exchange, and is not a particularly good marketing tool. I don't think I would support spending these funds for the purpose of an airdrop.

Propose IX integration now, and vote on it. Hold IX integration payment in escrow until we see the air drop land.
I'm re-writing your proposal for you in such a way that nobody can have a real problem with it.

Make it an IX integration proposal and nothing more. We'll work with you get it ready (find someone competent and willing if you cannot), and you can launch it at the same time as your air drop. When we see that the air drop was real, the escrow will be released.

This will give us early indication, because if there is no cooperation or effort to integrate IX, we know you never had any intentions to do it, and were just here with a story trying to get 1000 DASH off the suckernodes.

But if you follow through, we both get what we want. You get to run your air drop promotion, we get IX news/press. Together, these two things help each other. We're getting a lot less out of it than you are, but it's still mutually beneficial even if lopsided.

It won't be particularly useful unless other exchanges do it, too. And then, only for ponzi-head arbitrage... This doesn't really help DASH, as we want to separate ourselves from that, not join in with it.

I personally know 3 people who are capable of making your IX detector. Whether they want to or not...

Last edited:
Why would an exchange need to implement instant send?
It’s more like instant receive, until it’s spendable again it needs to get confirmed x times anyway right?

Of course market presence in Asia is needed, and a marketing campaign is great but I don’t see how airdropping a coin would convey much value.

DASH pairs would be awesome.
As would be a real user marketing campaign, which would also lead to more trading

Last edited:
@camosoul you're right about bitcoin and crypto in general, all the new money doesn't care much for the core values crypto offers, but that's not the point. The point is, new syndicates don't operate like old syndicates. Two years ago we said all this stuff and it was right at the time, but not now. It's not the way I would of done it, but the recklessness you talk about got us from $3 to $300. Yes sure, it could of been very different, but it wasn't a complete loss, or else you're in the wrong place.

For the record, I'm not entirely sold on an airdrop but it really comes down to execution. They seem to be genuinely interested in educating their customers about dash and I'm flattered they are engaging with us to find mutual ground. Yes, dash is the whore of crypto, but I really don't care so long as it gets us from A to B.

Back