• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PRE-PROPOSAL KUCOIN TO INSTANSEND OR NEAR

blockchaintech

PRE-PROPOSAL KUCOIN TO INSTANSEND OR NEAR

Hello,

I am BlockChainTech, a Dash community veteran member,

Sorry for my English, it is not my native language. Thanks.

I am a community Dash member from many years and I have made relevant jobs for the Dash DAO and community as:

1)
I am responsible for Spain in (2018 year) 2 great conferences explaining Dash as a P2P E-Cash System ideal for use in international remittances in 2 spanish cities.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...as-fintech-proyect-updates.37721/#post-190240

2)
I am the responsible and co-author about the project: Dash ecosystem infographic, which is in the Landing Page in Dash.org (2022 year)
webside, in several languages English, Spanish, etc.
https://media.dash.org/wp-content/uploads/Dash-Ecosystem-English-4K-2022-05-11.jpg

3)
I am responsible about this action: For my negotiations and conversations with Kucoin, this exchange updated the Dash Deposit Policy from 10 confirmations to 1 confirmation. 2020 year.

* The People can contrast this data on the Discord log on the General Channel.

https://www.kucoin.com/es/news/en-partnership-celebration-deposit-to-win-dash

4)
I am responsible about this action: For my negotiations and conversations with OKX CEO, this Exchange ugpgrade the Dash Deposit Policy from 10 confirmations to 1 confirmation. 2023 march (see twitter account OKX CEO)

*The People can contrast this data on the Discord log on the General Channel.

5)
I am responsible for this action: Get with my negotiations that the SCC ATM Exchange (Europea ATM operator) with more than 200 ATMs around Europe and Ukranie add Dash as cryptocurrency in its catalog.

It can be contrasted in this proposal.

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/SCC-ATM-exchange

----

NEED DETECTED

In an recent conversations on General Discord Dash channel with other users related with Exchanges and Dash services. A user commented that Kucoin exchange had modified his deposit policy and now requested 10 confirmations, for Dash.

PRE-PROPOSAL

I have heard that there were modifications in management in Kucoin technical department in 2022.

I have a contact in your executive department. And could make negotiations again to study that dash deposit policy at 1 confirmation or 0-confirmation (InstantSend).

*Note: In the previous negotiations, (2020 year) where Kucoin upgraded the deposit Dash policy to 1-conf, I did not request any salary.

I launch this pre-proposal to see if the community can think if it would be interesting to do this work and request a proposal and salary for job. With a fair salary for this work.

I cannot promise that my work can succeed as it has been obtained in other times. But I think, that are many possibilities that I can be heard at the highest level in Kucoin.

What do you think?

Thank you.

Reactions: MN1
I believe that working with businesses, exchanges, merchants is very important and should be done regularly. For example, the largest merchant https://coinpayments.net requires 3 network confirmations, and there are a lot of such examples.

I would like to see you in the role of CEO DASH Biz Dev.

Ask yourself questions:
Why Kucoin would do that?
What is the business advantage they are getiing from it?
Is Dash signifficant enough to make this change?

Their decision makers don’t think the same way as Dash community. For them more confirmations = better security of their business. They don’t care about (and don’t understand) Instant Send, and their management won’t be learning the nuances of the tech.
To them, Dash needs to have a really significant volumes and potential to grow in order to reduce the number of confirmations. In their minds it looks more or less like this: “if this will bring us significantly more money, we will accept the risk”. For them to make this change, it doesn’t only mean changing a few lines of code - it would create an exception to them and would mean changes in the security model, monitoring tools, internal policies, engaging additional resources to support and maintain this. This is much bigger investment than you would expect.
Dash volumes are shitty - this is the reality. And there is no reason to consider it will change, comparing to other, more recognizable projects. In order to apply this change, they will be looking at the hard numbers from their platform - volumes, number of users trading on Dash pairs and growth trends plus CMC position and market trends. And I suppose these numbers don’t look good in their eyes atm.
Until the situation isn’t changing significantly, imho there is no reason to fight for reducing confirmations on the exchanges. Even if you would make them changing it, they will revert it quickly without significant increase in the trading volumes. And they won’t increase - no chance at the moment.

I think, Dash needs finally to deliver on promises, create excitement, launch a few educational and marketing campaigns to show it is attractive for investors and then you could fight for the confirmations on the exchanges.

Last edited:
Ask yourself questions:
Why Kucoin would do that?
What is the business advantage they are getiing from it?
Is Dash signifficant enough to make this change?

Their decision makers don’t think the same way as Dash community. For them more confirmations = better security of their business. They don’t care about (and don’t understand) Instant Send, and their management won’t be learning the nuances of the tech.
To them, Dash needs to have a really significant volumes and potential to grow in order to reduce the number of confirmations. In their minds it looks more or less like this: “if this will bring us significantly more money, we will accept the risk”. For them to make this change, it doesn’t only mean changing a few lines of code - it would create an exception to them and would mean changes in the security model, monitoring tools, internal policies, engaging additional resources to support and maintain this. This is much bigger investment than you would expect.
Dash volumes are shitty - this is the reality. And there is no reason to consider it will change, comparing to other, more recognizable projects. In order to apply this change, they will be looking at the hard numbers from their platform - volumes, number of users trading on Dash pairs and growth trends plus CMC position and market trends. And I suppose these numbers don’t look good in their eyes atm.
Until the situation isn’t changing significantly, imho there is no reason to fight for reducing confirmations on the exchanges. Even if you would make them changing it, they will revert it quickly without significant increase in the trading volumes. And they won’t increase - no chance at the moment.

I think, Dash needs finally to deliver on promises, create excitement, launch a few educational and marketing campaigns to show it is attractive for investors and then you could fight for the confirmations on the exchanges.
Well, if we have achieved it once, we can get it again.
People have to think that we have to do hard training/skills work. e.g. Recently I have achieved it with OKX that will implement it after talking with its CEO. They will modify the Dash deposits from 10-Conf to 1-Conf. No one has paid me for that ..

I think that the problem is:
Dash is list in companies as (exchange, payment processors, ATMs, etc.) they think that Dash has the technology 5 years ago similar to Litecoin, they haven't been updated, the training to the cryptocurrencies industry about the Dash updates in new technical features is a hard work.
And that they listen with attention is the hardest.

Can anyone correct me? If this is not correct at 99%:
We could affirm that?:
1) Mathematically (probability) A transaction with 1-Conf today is safer than 3 years ago.
2) Mathematically (probability) We can affirm that a transaction with 1-Conf is safer than 1-Conf of Bitcoin.

If the answer is affirmative in the 2 questions, I think that we this must be explained to the industry, and it is a hard work to be done.

What is evident is that if:
A user any service is go to use Dash, and making a deposit and takes 10 confirmations (25 min.), and with e.g. Litecoin 6-Conf (15 min.) It is evident that he will choose LTC as currency for Move value froma 'Alice' to 'Bob'.

If we think of another crypto/token like XRP, XLM .. that the deposit takes seconds, we lost competitiveness.

I would support this, kot is over exaggerating the impact on the exchange, they don't need to do anything special to drop the confs from 10 to 1, it is a configurable property in some gui or text file somewhere. The work comes in if they need to check blocks for CLSIG, or check TXES for ISD and that would be an exception from the norm, still it is worth doing, coinbbase did that for us and Binance take 1 conf, similar to Firo, I am sure Kucoin can do it too.

I believe that working with businesses, exchanges, merchants is very important and should be done regularly. For example, the largest merchant https://coinpayments.net requires 3 network confirmations, and there are a lot of such examples.

I would like to see you in the role of CEO DASH Biz Dev.

I write & save on the agenda.
If my reward about the SCC ATM proposal that I launched this month to get Dash to be added in the ATM Exchange is approved.
I will launch this proposal the next month, and if it succeeds.

I would launch another pre-proposal to negotiate with Coynpainments, to they update Instantsend features.

It would be a result of 2+1 3-3 successes. ;)

I write & save on the agenda.
If my reward about the SCC ATM proposal that I launched this month to get Dash to be added in the ATM Exchange is approved.
I will launch this proposal the next month, and if it succeeds.

I would launch another pre-proposal to negotiate with Coynpainments, to they update Instantsend features.

It would be a result of 2+1 3-3 successes. ;)

Regarding that one did you have proof you did it and how can we verify it is working?

I like that you do this stuff without trying to squeeze the DAO for every last penny.

However, my answer to this is the same as your other proposal; getting stuff done no longer does it for me, MNOs must demand commitments with appropriate incentives e.g. repayable bonds after a set period of time. It's one thing to have Chainlocks re-enabled but to somehow stop them from changing their mind again is something else. I would like to see ALL WORK done this way, including all DCG work. Anyone at Dash Incubator listening?

I like that you do this stuff without trying to squeeze the DAO for every last penny.

However, my answer to this is the same as your other proposal; getting stuff done no longer does it for me, MNOs must demand commitments with appropriate incentives e.g. repayable bonds after a set period of time. It's one thing to have Chainlocks re-enabled but to somehow stop them from changing their mind again is something else. I would like to see ALL WORK done this way, including all DCG work. Anyone at Dash Incubator listening?

I understand you, I can tell you, as I indicated in the proposal of SCC ATM, that: Is to demonstrate to the Dash DAO, that there are other ways of working. and reward for work done successfully.
May people work first demonstrate success and then the DAO can give a reward.
I have seen these years too waste and scam to the dao, and nobody has said anything..
Some very painful valued in million dollars, with little ROI. e.g. 2017 Year https://www.dashcentral.org/p/dash-on-huobipro

The MN must demand a minimum of guarantees about ROI, it cannot always be obtained, but when someone delivers first the ROI must be rewarded the success and effort without hesitation, if the reward is fair

Yes. outside of DCG, there are only three products or services the dash dao has paid for that still exists today. Dash Watch, gone. Dash Nexus, gone. Dash Boost, gone. Even those with DIF investment seem to think it's okay to not provide regular reports e.g. Dash Direct. And MNOs don't think it necessary for Proposal Owners to write 120 words per month. Something is seriously broken.

Dash Central doesn't ask for funding and dashninja and mnowatch are extremely modest in their ask.

I think you are missing the major point here Gentlemen.
Do you think people would suddenly start trading Dash if IS is implemented on the exchanges?
I think it is very unlikely (and experience we already have seems to confirm that). This tech is already available and known for years and those who like it, know it and use it. The rest doesn't care. To them Bitcoin transfer time is a standard and good enough.

There need to be a major change in perception and position of Dash on the market in order to make traders looking for an opportunity to gain profits and start trading.
Is Instant Send a good feature? Absolutely.
If implemented on any exchange, will it change perception or market position? Absolutely not - people aren’t excited about this kind of features these days.
We are not in 2015 anymore, when change like this would make a significant impact.

Last edited:
Back