• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal Introducing Dash in Greece and Cyprus

Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nikolaoskost

Dear Dash community,
My name is Nikolaos Kostopoulos, a social entrepreneur based in Greece working mainly with young people helping them to start their own entreprises and ventures through our organisation called Youth Business Network. In my free time I am blogging about cryptocurrencies and blockchain through my blog CCBeast, traveling around the world. This year I will organize the CO-invest summit taking place in Rhodes island (registrations will be launched soon and you will be able to pay both for your registration and hotel expenses with Dash) during 27-29 April, I will update you about this in a new post. Also I have started the Cryptocurrencies meetup in Athens with my friend Christiana Zoupa so we will meet once per month with a new speaker and speaking about different project.
Greece now is under a severe financial crisis with limitations to capital controls, difficulty to open even a bank account while the biggest asset our human resources remain unemployed facing the biggest unemployment rate in Europe. Meanwhile, in our other side hub in Cyprus business incorporation is quick and remains one of the most promising business hubs, many cryptoentrepreneurs are finding their way to Venus island.
My proposal is more wide than simpling creating active communities for Dash in Greece, rather to create a vivid network and hub which could be utilized to contribute globally as a support community.

I am preparing a presentation to receive more details about our industry wide proposal:
I will breakdown different actions and the costs needed so we will implement them
1)Introduce Dash in Greece and Cyprus : Our organization hosts more or less 20 conferences annually in different cities in Greece. We will train one of our members in cooperation with Dash community to pitch in every single conference we are organizing and have Dash as our main sponsor.
The budget needed for this with the current Dash rate is 10 Dash, mainly used as reimbursment expenses for our speaker, printing costs, travel renumerations and in a small contribution for hosting the event. This will be annually.
2) Dash to sponsor COinvest summit :
COinvest Summit is designed to be one of the major leading events across Europe to set the trends for co-economy structures such as cryptocurrencies, coliving self governed communities, sharing economy, blockchain etc.The conference will provide successful learning and growth opportunities for entrepreneurs, educators, investors, and developers from all over the world.

Contrary to popular belief, this conference is not just a business-card-exchange initiative instead it is created with integrity to impart knowledge that is practically applicable for all blockchain oriented purposes. With pitching sessions for 10 startups, Coinvest is bound to leave an imprint on investors and industry leaders alike. Other impressive features of the conference include interactive hardcore sessions for attendees where they can challenge their own potential and perspectives. The conference will help professionals build partnerships in the emerging crypto-world which will prove to be beneficial in the long run.

Coinvest will mainly address the the legislations and legal framework in European Union by the assistance of the Free Market Trade Show which calls on interested parties to participate in the discussion of the European framework and its core values.

This annual meeting intends to build a sustainable global network which promotes exchange of healthy practices, making the participants feel like they're a part of something bigger.
The proposed budger for Dash sponshorship is 10 Dash.
Our volunteers will run the Dash kiosk, we will print Dash related T-shirts and material for all the conference materials, we will invite Dash community to speak in our event and give 10 free tickets and provide accommodation for 10 students on behalf of DASH community.
3) Create a hub and website
We will create a website translating content in Greek, information material for businesses willing to accept Dash and Dash support in Greece (+social media channels). Since my time is limited the ideal case is to hire an assistant who will be trained and maintain professionally all those channels. The cost for this action will be 25 Dash for a whole year
4) The Dash startup challenge and accelerator
We will host a Dash startup challenge helping them to receive funding in Dash (Each one of the 5 startups working a team of industry experts will receive funding of 20.000 euro ( 30 Dash) YBN will be responsible to connect them with experts, provide them with an office space, legal and accounting assistance. The startups will have to add as payment method DASH and the equity of 5% will be given in order to self-maintain in the future years the DASH challenge.
Of course the startups will receive both space in many Greek media I am writing, they will have speaking slots in CO-invest conference and unlimited support from our community.
The whole budget for 5 startups acceleration (150 Dash +20 Dash operation costs) will be 170 DASH.
Those actions are annually planned.
I am expecting your valuable feedback prior submiting officially my proposal.

It might of been more interesting if you were exclusively integrating dash into your OCEANUS Foundation distributed booking platform./QUOTE]

Yes for sure, thanks a lot for pointing Oceanus.tech. As a new member I did not want to promote my personal project. For now we are still seeking investors in order to move forward with the project and we are in direct communication with a banking institution. I will create a new post for Oceanus project.

Back