• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Internet ads

I believe clickthrough rate is the best we will be able to optimize for. We will not be able to optimize for conversions.

We could potentially place the ad on a hosted page and see how long people spend on the page, but I would hesitate to do that. Youtube is trusted. Youtube is authentic. Youtube can handle hundreds of thousands of hits without batting an eye.

I am not trying to profit personally from this, just trying to get it going. It doesn't seem like much work is actually required on my end, other than the idea and a little initiative. Optimizing and monitoring as we go. But I think just spinning the banner and sending it to the youtube video will be a huge win.

Depending on device/resolution, DASH is within above-fold content on Coinmarketcap (more so if you "x" out the coinmktcap header banner) and Resolutions not within above-fold give at least one scroll down so either way that should = a massive amount of free top10 impressions already.

(*Above the fold, as it applies to Web design, is the portion of a Web page that is visible in a browser window when the page first loads. The portion of the page that requires scrolling in order to see content is called "below the fold.")

DASH could optimize those free impressions further (for free) by:

1. Embedding the "overview video" just below the above-fold content on DASH homepage (Instead of hyperlinked pop-up, the way it is now) And by;

2. Embedding (or sticky post) the video you suggested in the above-fold content of the DASH forums

(Note: *DASH homepage* and *DASH forum* are the landing pages for the most likely click-through's from the Coinmaketcap DASH page (Hyperlinks: "Website" and "Message board")

This can be set-up within seconds where we can start monitoring views immediately + it keeps traffic On DASH (not youtube) and it's 100% FREE~_+++%!

Depending on device/resolution, DASH is within above-fold content on Coinmarketcap (more so if you "x" out the coinmktcap header banner) and Resolutions not within above-fold give at least one scroll down so either way that should = a massive amount of free top10 impressions already.

(*Above the fold, as it applies to Web design, is the portion of a Web page that is visible in a browser window when the page first loads. The portion of the page that requires scrolling in order to see content is called "below the fold.")

DASH could optimize those free impressions further (for free) by:

1. Embedding the "overview video" just below the above-fold content on DASH homepage (Instead of hyperlinked pop-up, the way it is now) And by;

2. Embedding (or sticky post) the video you suggested in the above-fold content of the DASH forums

(Note: *DASH homepage* and *DASH forum* are the landing pages for the most likely click-through's from the Coinmaketcap DASH page (Hyperlinks: "Website" and "Message board")

This can be set-up within seconds where we can start monitoring views immediately + it keeps traffic On DASH (not youtube) and it's 100% FREE~_+++%!

Yes. Brilliant. We need to be utilizing our resources as efficiently as possible and right now we are literally getting millions of dollars worth of free advertising monthly from coinmarketcap.

Who is in control of the DASH forum and homepage who can make this change?

I honestly feel anyone even remotely interested in DASH needs to see this video.

Yes. Brilliant. We need to be utilizing our resources as efficiently as possible and right now we are literally getting millions of dollars worth of free advertising monthly from coinmarketcap.

Who is in control of the DASH forum and homepage who can make this change?

I honestly feel anyone even remotely interested in DASH needs to see this video.

yes please this is the need of the hour !

hey there

- Coin Market Cap banner Ads ?
i do not agree - cmc banners are 'crap' , they are promoting Bitconnect and other "scam" projects (incl bad ICO's) !
yes they are doing this for PR and Marketing , yes they will get a ton of hits out of this
but
we at Dash are bigger and "better" than that, we stayed away from Banner Ads since forever (NEVER ran Any) , and as we see this was the right decision (look how far we got)
We are a top 10 Crypto project and are 'above' (without sounding arrogant) running banner Ads on CMC (as beginner coins do)
Protecting our brand, is more important than getting a couple of hits out of something like that

- that video
yes that is great (has been shared all over)
but
this is 99% all about price ! we as a serious project can not go out there and promote us with a "rising price pitch"
(smells like ponzi scheme !! - buy us u gonna be rich)
others / outside supporters can do that, but Dash Core can not - that is the thin line of Marketing
hope u understand

hey there

- Coin Market Cap banner Ads ?
i do not agree - cmc banners are 'crap' , they are promoting Bitconnect and other "scam" projects (incl bad ICO's) !
yes they are doing this for PR and Marketing , yes they will get a ton of hits out of this
but
we at Dash are bigger and "better" than that, we stayed away from Banner Ads since forever (NEVER ran Any) , and as we see this was the right decision (look how far we got)
We are a top 10 Crypto project and are 'above' (without sounding arrogant) running banner Ads on CMC (as beginner coins do)
Protecting our brand, is more important than getting a couple of hits out of something like that

- that video
yes that is great (has been shared all over)
but
this is 99% all about price ! we as a serious project can not go out there and promote us with a "rising price pitch"
(smells like ponzi scheme !! - buy us u gonna be rich)
others / outside supporters can do that, but Dash Core can not - that is the thin line of Marketing
hope u understand

I actually agree with you completely. It is a refreshing perspective.

Plus, as another user pointed out, we are already getting tons of free publicity by simply being ranked 5-7 on CMC.

Well said!

You are wading into a bit of a controversial subject here within the Dash community. There have been very heated debates about how Dash should be marketed. The consensus settled on waiting to see what Ogilvy and Mathers has to say. I suggest that you review those debates before expending too much time or Dash on your own proposal. If you haven't already, start here:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/an-open-letter-from-evan-and-ryan-regarding-dash-marketing.15537/

Meanwhile, I'm looking for collaborators for a couple of my projects. If either of these look interesting to you, contact me!

Dash Messaging
https://d-msg.com/

Dash Incubator
https://d-msg.com/dashincubator
HI,I'm a 15 year old so please forgive any ignorance.
Since most of are well educated about the crypto world, maybe we could use new and emerging marketing platforms such as Stream would be helpful to target an audience with a similar level of interest in the field.
Cheers

Back