• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Internet ads

feedbands

Hey Network, this pre proposal is simple:

Facebook ads targeting those interested in crypto.

Google ads targeting crypto related searches.

And a nice big banner ad on coinmarketcap.

I believe if properly targeted and deployed, these ads could easily increase the value of the coin by reaching people already investing in cryptocurrency.

I have been running Internet advertising campaigns for the last decade and know the unfathomable power of these ads to generate demand. I find it shocking that dash related ads do not appear anywhere online for people actively investing in and reading about crypto.

The campaigns should be completely transparent and open to the network. They should start small to prove their value then scale up.

The ads should point to a video already in existence that quickly explains dash's key features including:
-Private send
-Instant send
-The Treasury

Is this already happening? If so I haven't seen the ads.

This would dramatically increase demand for the coin. So many people getting into crypto do not know about dash and need to be informed.

If it pleases the network, I would be honored to set these up in a completely transparent manner and get Dash ads targeting everyone in crypto.

Last edited:
I've watched about every video I could find on YouTube and I've come to the conclusion that this one best makes the case for dash:

When I stumbled upon this video, I immediately bought dash, finally understanding its benefits. It made the lightbulb go off. I'm willing to bet that any crypto investor who sees it would strongly consider immediately buying some dash.

There was a massive radiolab promotion recently that did not do well. That's because it wasn't targeted and didn't convey the resonant benefits to the correct stakeholders. Why would the average radiolab listener care about dash when they can't buy it or spend it anywhere, and Bitcoin is the sexy crypto that everyone knows about. The radiolab ad did nothing to clearly explain dash's benefits over Bitcoin. Let's learn from that mistake and adapt.

Right now, crypto investors are the most targeted segment of the market for us, the most likely to be intrigued in dash, with the knowledge, desire and skillset to buy dash. Crypto investors are our early adopters. I think we can all agree on that.

I believe a crypto-targeted ad campaign on Facebook, Google, and coinmarketcap that simply directs people to this video could single handedly move dash up to the #3 or #4 crypto given enough spend.

Still, I'd like feedback before submitting the proposal.

What experience/expertise do you have that can deliver on this proposal? I have seen that you are involved in independent music distribution. How does that qualify you to run a million dollar online ad spend?

Very soon we are expecting a report from Ogilvy and Mather, so you should wait until after that report is released before submitting any marketing proposal.

https://www.dash.org/2017/09/21/Ogilvy&Mather.html

Glad you asked. Over the last seven years I have spent $613,000 on Google Adwords that have delivered over 183M impressions, 1.3Million clicks, at an average cost per click of 47 cents. Screenshot from my Adwords dashboard attached. What's not attached is the sales these ads have generated, which is in the tens of millions. I can submit proof of this to masternodes, if desired. I can also submit figures of my facebook ad spend which is sizable as well.

One does not spend half a million dollars on Google Ads because they do not work.

I consider myself a brilliant marketer and internet advertiser, and I have built and sold many websites, startups and ideas over the years.

What benefits can I offer over a high priced marketing firm? Well, I'm resourceful. I loath waste. I watch my campaigns like a hawk and constantly adjust to make sure they are doing what they need to be doing. There's no administrative or overhead with me. I will just run lean and mean campaigns designed to generate voracious demand for the dash coin among existing investors. And I would get results.

It is true my current project is in the music industry, because music is my passion. However, my core skill set is translating internet ads into sales. And I can do it for Dash.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 12.17.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 12.17.19 PM.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Well said!

You are wading into a bit of a controversial subject here within the Dash community. There have been very heated debates about how Dash should be marketed. The consensus settled on waiting to see what Ogilvy and Mathers has to say. I suggest that you review those debates before expending too much time or Dash on your own proposal. If you haven't already, start here:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/an-open-letter-from-evan-and-ryan-regarding-dash-marketing.15537/

Meanwhile, I'm looking for collaborators for a couple of my projects. If either of these look interesting to you, contact me!

Dash Messaging
https://d-msg.com/

Dash Incubator
https://d-msg.com/dashincubator

Just heard back from CoinMarketCap.com. Here are their current advertising rates:

CoinMarketCap Advertising <[email protected]>
7:35 PM (14 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hi,

Our pricing is based on impressions (BTC Equivalents):

Desktop Formats:

Top Banner (728x90) - $16.00 per 1000 impressions
Side Banner (160x600) - $8.00 per 1000 impressions
Bottom Banner (728x90) - $4.00 per 1000 impressions

Mobile Formats:

Top Banner (320x100) - $8.00 per 1000 impressions
Mid Page Banner (300x250) - $6.00 per 1000 impressions [Coin Detail Pages only]
Bottom Banner (320x100) - $4.00 per 1000 impressions [Coin Detail Pages only]
* You decide when the campaign starts and ends.
* Since impressions are spread evenly, the more impressions per day purchased, the more frequently the ad will show up.
* Advertisers usually buy at least 250k impressions per day.
* Upon request, we'll send impression and click stats for your campaign.

** December promotion: Distribute impressions evenly over multiple formats to receive 10% bonus impressions with your order.

Let us know if you have any more questions. Thanks!

I asked them total available impressions and they said:

Hi,

There are about 2.5 million impressions per day available on each format. It's not possible to buy 100% of the impressions since other advertisers have already booked some impressions in advance, but it's possible to book the majority of them so your ad shows up most of the time.

So, 2.5 million divided by 1000 is a total daily inventory of 2500.

If we wanted just the top banner, every day, as the only advertiser, it would be 16CPM x 2500M = $40,000. Occupying this spot for a month would cost 1.2 million.

Purchasing all the inventory would actually be too agressive and wasteful. If we know anything about CoinMarketCap, we know that a single crypto enthusiast can generate anywhere from 10 - 100 impressions on that site per day. We don't need to repeatedly show the same person a Dash ad over and over again. Our goal is to educate crypto enthusiasts of the benefits and features of dash. So, we can probably very safely reduce the ad impressions by a factor of 10 and still reach all the unique visitors. This would give us a spend of $4,000 per day or $120,000 per month.

That's $120,000 per month to potentially educate every single visitor to coinmarketcap on the benefits and features of Dash.

I've reached out to them again to find out how many unique visitors exactly they have. The average person will need to see the ad a couple times before they click.

I don't think we would need to run this ad forever to reach a maximum penetration of the market. A month or two would do wonders.

What experience/expertise do you have that can deliver on this proposal? I have seen that you are involved in independent music distribution. How does that qualify you to run a million dollar online ad spend?

Very soon we are expecting a report from Ogilvy and Mather, so you should wait until after that report is released before submitting any marketing proposal.

https://www.dash.org/2017/09/21/Ogilvy&Mather.html
why cant we have two proposals running side by side ?

In think in the case of the CoinMarketCap ad, this is a critical time to at least be informing crypto enthusiasts of the benfits of dash. I've been in crypto for over a year and first heard about Dash just a month ago. Tons of people still don't know about it's features and benefits. I'd personally sleep a lot easier knowing that coinmarketcap ad was running, informing people.

That's $120,000 per month to potentially educate every single visitor to coinmarketcap on the benefits and features of Dash.
I support that idea. But you'd need an escrow as we don't know you.

Who would design banners ? What would it say ? Where would it lead when a visitor clicks ? Is it possible to do A/B testing ?

In think in the case of the CoinMarketCap ad, this is a critical time to at least be informing crypto enthusiasts of the benfits of dash. I've been in crypto for over a year and first heard about Dash just a month ago. Tons of people still don't know about it's features and benefits. I'd personally sleep a lot easier knowing that coinmarketcap ad was running, informing people.
Agree you got my vote and support your cause , i can work with you to help regarding setting up google analytics and measuring marketing effectiveness , if you are interested

I support that idea. But you'd need an escrow as we don't know you.

Who would design banners ? What would it say ? Where would it lead when a visitor clicks ? Is it possible to do A/B testing ?

I work with some very skilled designers (who are hard to find btw) but in this case I think the dash logo on a white background could be all we need. Short and sweet. Less is more. DASH

The destination of the click I am proposing would be this video:

This was the video that sealed the deal for me personally. After watching it, the benefits of Dash were literally keeping me up at night. I believe it will have a similar effect on others.

We could A/B test the clickthrough rate of different banners, but it would be difficult to A/B test the conversion rate of the ad, because we cannot place any tracking code on the youtube video. In addition, what do we consider a conversion event in this case? A person who becomes educated successfully? Someone who purchases dash?

I believe clickthrough rate is the best we will be able to optimize for. We will not be able to optimize for conversions.

We could potentially place the ad on a hosted page and see how long people spend on the page, but I would hesitate to do that. Youtube is trusted. Youtube is authentic. Youtube can handle hundreds of thousands of hits without batting an eye.

How does escrow work in this situation? Can we just set the proposal to transfer to coinmarketcap's address? I am not trying to profit personally from this, just trying to get it going. It doesn't seem like much work is actually required on my end, other than the idea and a little initiative. Optimizing and monitoring as we go. But I think just spinning the banner and sending it to the youtube video will be a huge win.

Contacted Chris Coney / Marketing monk.

FYI: from CoinMarketcap:

For the month of November, the site received 308 million pageviews, 91 million unique sessions, and 12.3 million unique visitors.

So I was roughly correct: 12 million unique visitors generating 300 million pageviews, which means the average person is visiting 25 times per month. Reserving 1/10th of their available inventory would roughly insure that each of the 12 million visitor saw the ad three times. Part of me feels that is actually not aggressive enough. We want them to see that ad 10 times. But that would cost $360,000 per month which is quite a price tag. At the end of the day, everyone in crypto would know about dash.

For that kind of spend, I'm sure we could negotiate a better CPM.

Still, I cannot think of a single better way to educate our entire target market as to the benefits and features of dash.

We could A/B test the clickthrough rate of different banners,
Yes, that's what I meant

How does escrow work in this situation? Can we just set the proposal to transfer to coinmarketcap's address? I am not trying to profit personally from this, just trying to get it going. It doesn't seem like much work is actually required on my end, other than the idea and a little initiative. Optimizing and monitoring as we go. But I think just spinning the banner and sending it to the youtube video will be a huge win.

If you come to agreement beforehand with coinmarketcap, I guess you could put their address directly. Now, somebody still will need to put 5 dashs to make that proposal to the network. Usually, a proposal asks for 5 more dashs to reimburse the fee in case it passes. But in that case, that would mean that coinmarketcap would receive those 5 dashs. So you'd need to come to an agreement with them so that they send those 5 dashs back to you.

I am not trying to profit personally from this, just trying to get it going.
Well, I guess making those banners beforehand would also help to convince the network.

From CoinMarketCap:

Hi,

Unfortunately there's no portal yet, but we can swap out banners and send your reports at any time during the campaign.

Please specify how many total impressions you would like (or total budget size) so we can finalize your order. The 250k-500k daily would qualify for the 10% bonus impressions.

We can accept payment in Dash.

Thanks.

I think the community has a hard time with marketing because they want to group everyone together. Instead there are three groups to target.

1. Newbies, Mom, Dad, Grandpa etc.
These people have no context of dash, they do not understand what it is or how it's different than bitcoin. They only know about bitcoin, but no specifics.

2. Crypto Investors / Or soon to be.
These people understand there is more than one crypto but don't know what brigs each one value.

3. Experienced Crypto Users
These guys understand the details but may of not delved deep into each coin. Or listen to FUD.

As chuck has said the website is not ready for the inbound masses to come in and be supported in any way to easily get them to buy or put it in their hands fast. I agree it should not be used as a landing page for advertising yet.

My primary argument is the world needs to know about Dash before anything else. So I would not try to sell them or even get them to click beyond a simple into video, the only goal should be to be noticed and then we can follow up with later rounds of advertising. Advertising to the crypto community directly is easier as we are on most exchanges and we can get some benefit because people can buy some and do further research.

Contacted Chris Coney / Marketing monk.

FYI: from CoinMarketcap:

For the month of November, the site received 308 million pageviews, 91 million unique sessions, and 12.3 million unique visitors.

So I was roughly correct: 12 million unique visitors generating 300 million pageviews, which means the average person is visiting 25 times per month. Reserving 1/10th of their available inventory would roughly insure that each of the 12 million visitor saw the ad three times. Part of me feels that is actually not aggressive enough. We want them to see that ad 10 times. But that would cost $360,000 per month which is quite a price tag. At the end of the day, everyone in crypto would know about dash.

For that kind of spend, I'm sure we could negotiate a better CPM.

Still, I cannot think of a single better way to educate our entire target market as to the benefits and features of dash.

i dont care what others think , but we absolutely need to buy the realestate on coinmarketcap , its the easiest bang for buck for us ....... please support this

Last edited:
Back