• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Implement a tag system in gobject command

Would you like in the gobject command to be able to specify tags?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

demo

Would you like at the end of the gobject prepare command (which is used in order to post a proposal to the budget system) to be able to specify as many tags as you want that will be stored in the database and will be used in order to clasify your proposal?

For you reference, this is what gobject command currently offers:

dash-cli help gobject
gobject "command"...
Manage governance objects
Available commands:
prepare - Prepare governance object by signing and creating tx
submit - Submit governance object to network
deserialize - Deserialize governance object from hex string to JSON
count - Count governance objects and votes
get - Get governance object by hash
getvotes - Get all votes for a governance object hash (including old votes)
getcurrentvotes - Get only current (tallying) votes for a governance object hash (does not include old votes)
list - List governance objects (can be filtered by validity and/or object type)
diff - List differences since last diff
vote-alias - Vote on a governance object by masternode alias (using masternode.conf setup)
vote-conf - Vote on a governance object by masternode configured in dash.conf
vote-many - Vote on a governance object by all masternodes (using masternode.conf setup)

It will be a change in the syntax of the gobject prepare command.

Alternatively, and until the community gets rid of sentinel and whatever other interpreted language , we could use something like the below:

(sentinel) proposal --create --proposal_name="sb-test" --description_url="www.dashwhale.org/p/sb-test" --start_date="2016/8/1" --end_date="2017/1/1" --payment_address="ydE7B1A7htNwSTvvER6xBdgpKZqNDbbEhPydE7B1A7htNwSTvvER6xBdgpKZqNDbbEhP" --payment_amount="23"--tags="tag1,tag2.tag3"

The tags will allow the usage of alphabet letters but also the usage of symbols/glyph/signs.

This proposal is tagged as:
<tags>gobject, governance, tags</tags>
In case it gets a lot of yes and I manage to get the 5 dash proposal fee, I will add it to the governance system.
<vote history>
*yes 1 vote(s) 50.0%
no 1 vote(s) 50.0%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I prefer the tags to be specified by using the appropriate sentinel commands
0 vote(s) 0.0%

</vote history>

Last edited:
Furthermore, it is very important to implement a tag system when voting for a proposal.

The voter, along with his/her yes/no/abstain/number vote, should also be allowed to put tags to the proposal.

This is usefull because the classification of the proposal will be more objective and will not depend on the will of the proposal owner.
And whenever the "troll" tag becomes popular, this is a clear sign of the quality of the proposal and makes it easier for other voters to ignore the proposal and filter it from their view.

<vote history>

• yes
    Votes: 3 -- 75.0%
  • no
    Votes: 1 -- 25.0%
  • other
    Votes: 00.0%
  • I prefer the tags to be specified by using the appropriate sentinel commands
    Votes: 00.0%
  • Total voters 4
</vote history>

Last edited:
<vote history>

• yes​

Votes: 3 - 60.0%
  • no​

Votes: 1 - 20.0%
  • other​

Votes: 0 - 0.0%
  • I prefer the tags to be specified by using the appropriate sentinel commands​

Votes: 1 - 20.0%

• Total voters 5
</vote history>

You personally added 2 votes as yes ? (demo & vazaki3)

Knipsel.JPG

Well, that is certainly one way of trying to influence a poll only 4 people participated.

You personally added 2 votes as yes ? (demo & vazaki3)

View attachment 12078
Well, that is certainly one way of trying to influence a poll only 4 people participated.

Some masternodes hold 100 votes. Why not for me to hold just two?

Anyway, demo is dead, so his vote does not count.
It is just there for historical purposes, demo's vote is not taken into account for the voting outcome.

Also p5yc071c also seems dead, or if not he may die soon.

p5yc071c

New member · 39
Joined Oct 10, 2016
Last seen Nov 29, 2022

Last edited:
Some masternodes hold 100 votes. Why not for me to hold just two?

Anyway, demo is dead, so his vote does not count.
It is just there for historical purposes, and is not taken into account for the voting outcome.
If your demo vote does not count, the yes votes should read as Votes: 2 - 40%
Correct ?

Knipsel.JPG

Since demo is not valid anymore as count, the yes votes consists of 2 persons, just like currently the no votes consists of 2 persons.
Which means both Yes and No votes should now be the same percentage (33.3 or some other percentage).

Correct ?

View attachment 12079

Since demo is not valid anymore as count, the yes votes consists of 2 persons, just like currently the no votes.
Which means both Yes and No votes should now be the same percentage (33.3 or some other percentage).
<vote history>

Would you like in the gobject command to be able to specify tags?​

• Total voters 5
</vote history>

Back