• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal for Healthcare Payment system: Is this Dash worthy?

Dave Harshbarger

My name is Dave Harshbarger, and I have recently left the cushy world of health insurance to start a company focusing on real-time payment for healthcare leveraging crypto-currency for transfer of value while enabling use of "sponsor" (e.g insurance company, government, large employer) funds as well as personal-funds.

The model I am building out leverages distributed ledgers as a "Financial Infrastructure as a Service", providing ledger services, anonymity, multi-currency (fiat) exchanges, global presence, high-availability, a tailored pub-sub messaging model, and other characteristics. All good stuff from an app solution perspective and all characteristics it appears you all have instilled into the Dash solution.

I have some flexibility on the specific crypto-currency that is used. Dash appears to meet the criteria I have, with the bonus that there is a local community (to me) supporting it. The folks there I've met have been positive and that means a lot.

Is something like I am describing, real-time healthcare payment integrated to the current US payment system (though extensible to non-US systems) the type of project that the Dash community would be interested in sponsoring? It seems a little afield of the proposals I scanned through, but you all would know best. :)

Thanks in advance,
Dave Harshbarger
Health Payment Innovations, Inc.

Certainly seems feasible, we have decent payment gateways thru Uphold and multiple POS solutions, AnyPay being the most used here in the United States. Would like to see a specific plan and budget as a voter in the Treasury.

I have not yet looked closely at that proposal, to be honest, somebody else may have more insight on that. But you can look at the details of previously funded proposals like this on dashcentral.org.

Hi @Dave Harshbarger

Dash grants have been given to a very diverse range of projects. I'm not sure about the relevance of EletroPay though , I would say yes, this is worth pursing and engaging the community over. I suggest, however, you make good use of social media (reddit, youtube etc).

Generally speaking, I would say masternode owners (the ones voting), have a very short attention span. You need to be pro-active, with regular updates about the things you've achieved. Show us you're genuine and give us the positive content we love to share.

I would say, start small and build up some trust in the community. Perhaps try to get an interview with Dash News or other outlet.

You need to give dash merit over other payment methods. So often we see proposals / concepts seeking funds where it is clear their intention is to help fund some other coin / token integration, knowing full well these other projects are unable to help them.

Perhaps not now, but later down the line, you might want to think beyond payments and the dash blockchain and it's upcoming API is certainly going to help.

Thanks

I'm curious why someone needs a separate payment system for healthcare than they might use for everything else?

Because I'm a Conservative, White, Male Citizen of the USA; I'm forced out of the country for even the most basic health care. I can't even get basic blood tests done in the USA, Heaven forbid there be anything serious... I'm screwed. There's no such thing as medical services for me in the USA.

I leave the country. I pay cash. Same "payment system" I use to buy food and pay rent... Why would I need something else?

I wish I could replace CASH with DASH. But, I'm unclear why/how "the medical industry" would be any better or worse off using the exact same POS gear that any other vendor uses.

I'm curious why someone needs a separate payment system for healthcare than they might use for everything else?

Here in the United States, where we have no comprehensive public healthcare system, the government gives us a deduction for medical expenses off our income tax, having a dedicated system for healthcare expenses that collects and aggregates these expenses would be of benefit to US users. It may be a special use case, but it is a big option here in the US in our tax system.

For the record, it is also why I choose to use my Care Credit card for out of pocket expenses (where supported), it simplifies my accounting by segregating it into its own account.

Back