• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre proposal for "Dash it forward", 1 million trees, education....

Lettingitallgonow

I'm interested in putting together a proposal to support a charity that could make a huge difference to many lives, doing this kind of work has changed my own life, it changed it completely. I hoping to use some of the dash I have to support various groups & once proven to be worthwhile go for funding from dash. Example, One group I'm supporting already is doing its best to plant a million trees & spread the use of sweet potatoes in Nepal as its a social myth there that it doesnt grow there, so its about half a days pay per kg & it will positively affecting people's health & food security. The thing this group does is, involves schools & many times special needs schools, so the children learn to plant, care & watch the trees grow, changing the mindset of all involved. With many promotions of dash along the way. It'll be after around 5 to 10 dash per month, to be reviewed regularly as part of the dash will go towards a nursery to supply the planting & make a profit to pay Alok Das wage & expand this vision.

I'lll promote it on facebook, with "dash" symbols hanging from the trees, with "Dash it forward" as the heading.

P.s. I wont be entering into pro or cons of charity. As I'm only interested in moving forward, not dealing with bystanders.

I think donations are great, but what are they doing for the DASH network. I would love to see those NGOs to officially support taking donations from DASH. Something like what the Wikileaks site did for bitcoin, this could really generate a great PR for us and I think it would be more worth while supporting them.

BTW this is more than just saying they accept dash, but also have some technology to 'charge' for the DASH. I remember the FSF has to use Coinbase, which is not that great if you want to support the crypto descentralized movement.

So will there be any open web development in order to generate donation QRs to accept DASH. Something like the Shakepay one?

5 to 10 dash a month? That's very small I would vote yes because of this because we can't really go wrong and it will give Amanda something good to report on as well as having new trees planted of course.

This is what we do, help others to succeed & to help others & the planet, if we can create this to promote dash & get more done then awesome, everybody wins. The how, qr codes etc happens is just details to me. In a few months this group will be in front of 60000+ followers on fb, at an event in nepal. If we can get funding by then great, it will happen with or without dash behind us, we can just do more with it. In the mean we'll just keep getting it done & show our worth, that's what has got it done so far & it's just the way we want it.

5 to 10 dash a month? That's very small I would vote yes because of this because we can't really go wrong and it will give Amanda something good to report on as well as having new trees planted of course.

Yip, that's it, You wouldn't believe that would do! thanks for the support
Fount4inhead

It will be great if we can utilize dash to help others. Many youth will able to start their dreams and more oxygen, water, food and welfare to the community.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Hi Troy. I'm Ron Mitchell, I've helped raise money for projects in Nepal for a few years now. I haven't been well enough to go back to Nepal & continue being there to help. So we have been a support to a gentleman called Alok Das, the person behind the "One million trees challenge". See https://www.facebook.com/alokatmilliontrees/ .

Regarding 'charities', I haven't, at this stage, set-up any of the groups I create or have supported over the years as charities. This is to ensure they remain simple & flexible. Rather than a charity I see them as a support mechanisms.
I co-founded "Travelling with a purpose" https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=440695622668387 , that went on to support many building & land projects. These were purchased before the earthquake in '15. The buildings stood strong after the quake and offered shelter to the local community while they started to rebuild. It has helped create a base for these groups to grow: https://www.facebook.com/LOCALWOMENSHANDICRAFTS/ which now supports hundreds of women in Kathmandu.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/825608090783065/ The Superb Catalyst Academy a school, 25km from Kathmandu

I started Creating Sustainable Housing https://www.facebook.com/Creating-sustainable-housing-1439064243055674 This is the primary site set-up to support Alok amongst others. I focus on changing and challenging the mindset of those in situations like Alok to ensure they have ownership, investment and drive. I know that if we can help people and groups like these to find efficient and long lasting solutions then this will have a far greater impact than a charity ever might. Opening their minds to the possibilities. This is much the same as what I've discovered through Dash. Dash has a very open and progressive approach to it's community. Opening doors, seeking input and encouraging participation.

Hi Troy. I'm Ron Mitchell, I've helped raise money for projects in Nepal for a few years now. I haven't been well enough to go back to Nepal & continue being there to help. So we have been a support to a gentleman called Alok Das, the person behind the "One million trees challenge". See https://www.facebook.com/alokatmilliontrees/ .

Regarding 'charities', I haven't, at this stage, set-up any of the groups I create or have supported over the years as charities. This is to ensure they remain simple & flexible. Rather than a charity I see them as a support mechanisms.
I co-founded "Travelling with a purpose" https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=440695622668387 , that went on to support many building & land projects. These were purchased before the earthquake in '15. The buildings stood strong after the quake and offered shelter to the local community while they started to rebuild. It has helped create a base for these groups to grow: https://www.facebook.com/LOCALWOMENSHANDICRAFTS/ which now supports hundreds of women in Kathmandu.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/825608090783065/ The Superb Catalyst Academy a school, 25km from Kathmandu

I started Creating Sustainable Housing https://www.facebook.com/Creating-sustainable-housing-1439064243055674 This is the primary site set-up to support Alok amongst others. I focus on changing and challenging the mindset of those in situations like Alok to ensure they have ownership, investment and drive. I know that if we can help people and groups like these to find efficient and long lasting solutions then this will have a far greater impact than a charity ever might. Opening their minds to the possibilities. This is much the same as what I've discovered through Dash. Dash has a very open and progressive approach to it's community. Opening doors, seeking input and encouraging participation.

Thanks. If you wouldn't mind, posting something (it can be out of the way somewhere) to confirm that you are in fact the Ron Mitchell behind these groups? Can never be too careful, just want to make sure we protect your charities and Ron Mitchell (you) from identity theft. In the event that your proposal is funded and the money disappears, people are going to be asking the charities and Ron Mitchell what happened.

As a community we haven't delved too much into funding charities, although I would argue the funding for the Unsung.org Hacking Hunger charity was a big success both for the charity and for Dash. I'm curious if you could go into more detail about what exactly "promotions of dash along the way" would look like?

Hi Troy,

here's my FB https://www.facebook.com/ronm3 it should have "Hi TroyDASH" at the top of the page. Is there any other way you'd suggest I can provide the community comfort that I am whom I say I am?

I think you can see the pages that I'm on the admin for on there. I'll put "Hi TroyDASH" on them also.

To promote Dash. We'd already started to sorting out Dash coin symbols that will be made up and put with the tree plantings, the 3d printer I sent over last month & the sweet potato plantings. This will allow local Nepalis and international volunteers to see that Dash is supporting the initiative. We have already organised to do a planting with a group with a very large following on fb in June. This will allow the larger groups followers to also see Dash support. We'll include links about Dash in the various posts that are generated. I'd hope to do more of that with high profile groups & really struggling groups to get the biggest impact for all involved. Video has been a successful medium for the group so we can add Dash symbols and talk about Dash support through the video.

My intention from the beginning of this charity adventure has been to lead by example & with Dash I see it as no different. I'll keep covering some of the costs from my end as I have and prove what we do works. By doing this we have helped create 100's of times more in assets & resources than we have put in ourselves. With Dash behind us, we can create a business that supports change & create knowledge, food security & better nutrition in a country that has an average income of $3 a day. I'll be asking Alok for a calendar of events coming up & Dash for monthly payments. One doesn't happen without the other & was thinking once its ticking along well, get more details for a nursery, (if I remember correctly we have a lease signed for the land for it already) and go for the $1500USD needed to cover that, so that its a profitable, self supplying business.

When it's on its feet and running as a business we can move this on to other countries where we can make the most impact & best promotion.

I see love, money & water as similar things, they must go to the lowest point & build from there, not charity as an endless cycle but a ticket out of that situation. Taking as many of those out of poverty as possible and willing to come with us.

Great, thank you :)
I would vote for this to see how it goes. You are not asking for very much, & everything looks legit to me. Remember to build in reimbursement for the 5 dash proposal fee to your requested amount if you move forward with this.

Interested to hear what others think on this one.

If you're having trouble getting feedback here, feel free to drop by the #proposals channel in our slack to introduce yourself and invite questions at http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com

Sorry for not getting back to you on this, my health issues returned, so I haven't had the energy t
o follow this up, other than my normal business, even that nearly got taken down as well & I haven't been able work around the problem of crypto illegal in nepal, Alok may be jailed for working with crypto in nepal. That is a sad reality.
I'm looking for supporting David Hobby, who is one of the best UAV developers in the world. I have been talking to him about creating unit that could drop seed balls for planting trees in places in where people cannot get to, to plant trees near slips and to make multi purpose for accessing crashes helping missing persons, disaster assessment & urgent medicine delivery. I think it would be on the cutting edge of the drone development & great promotion for Dash. David is based in Australia, he will have 2 x UAV's in the Smithsonian soon. He's not an attention seeker, he's doer & with Dash behind him, the impact he could bring would be huge. I think around 10 dash a month, plus materials cost, like a good 3d printer & you'd him have full time creating, all kinds of solutions & awesome promotion for dash. If is this something you'd like to consider please let me know.

To be clear.
David Hobby, will soon be my brother in-law, I can back all the above with links & he doesn't even know I have put this up, he's not into crytpo, he lives and breaths what he does.
I'd be willing to stake a deposit of dash, that this guy 100% the real deal & if you work something that works for both parties, it would be incredible and I would NOT want to profit from it, the new car I brought with Dash is awesome. Thanks for the opportunity.

Thanks for your time, excuse the poor typing.

Last edited:
David is also at the level of being able to do lecture and presentations to universities, we are organizes this at the moment with Kathmandu uni, with support he could this for colleges and uni's around the world. With dash being promoted at all these events, where it is legal to do so.

Back