• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: decentralized contract system on top of Dash

Would you vote in favor of this application?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
I think IP address blacklisting/whitelisting won't work. And it's too much hastle to maintain them manually. A kind of PoW/PoS/ProofOfSomething scheme would be more viable.

Yes, you are right. It will probably be a lot of effort to maintain the blacklist. What do you think of my scheme to value user votes?

You write about reputation metric. This usually has issues:
1. Bootstraping - participants have to invest something for reputation to be valuable. It could be time or assets.
2. Degeneration - after certain size (1000+ active users in a category?) reputation system degenerate: it's difficult to remember who's who and participants just settle for highest available rep.

Everything else should be tested. Something might work, something wont. As usual :)

You write about reputation metric. This usually has issues:
1. Bootstraping - participants have to invest something for reputation to be valuable. It could be time or assets.
2. Degeneration - after certain size (1000+ active users in a category?) reputation system degenerate: it's difficult to remember who's who and participants just settle for highest available rep.

Everything else should be tested. Something might work, something wont. As usual :)

Makes sense. Ill setup something similar to this in the white paper, then when we'll execute, then we'll iterate over multiple things until we find the right algorithm.

Back