• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(Pre-Proposal) DASHPayCard - DASH Branded Debit Card + Fiat/Dash Integration

That was my suspicion also.

I doubt that it is a coincidence that a number of products suddenly threw up their hands and said, "No more cards for the U.S.A."

But the lack of updates, even short ones saying, "No progress"...that's pretty damning.

Charlie has a lot of skills and connections in the crypto space, but I doubt he will ever play a significant role in the Dash ecosystem again.

Best intentions aside. Surely we could set up a smart contract tied to a few milestones to handle the payouts?

Best intentions aside. Surely we could set up a smart contract tied to a few milestones to handle the payouts?

At the moment, Dash does not do smart contracts on the Dash protocol. It would sorta look bad if we used Ethereum to administer the Dash Treasury. We might gain that capability in the future, but not today I think.

At the moment, Dash does not do smart contracts on the Dash protocol. It would sorta look bad if we used Ethereum to administer the Dash Treasury. We might gain that capability in the future, but not today I think.

I see your point. Maybe if Dash can set up a platform where voters can vote on wether the project continues to be paid based on if milestones are met?

I partially disagree, there might be some advantages to using a smart contract system. We need a team to evaluate what is the best course of action, I am thinking rsk?

I see your point. Maybe if Dash can set up a platform where voters can vote on wether the project continues to be paid based on if milestones are met?

There have been rumblings and intimations that Paragon is working on a project to allow for more accountability for Proposal winners.

There are no needs to create a smart contract. Smart contracts have limits, the more code the higher the fees. Without the smart contract system, you eliminate any of those unnecessary fees. which is why I think eth will one day fall, it might be fast to create a smart contract but it's not efficient. It's just a race between the turtle and the hair haha

The Dash DAO is not a smart contract btw, it's all just coded into the blockchain.

I agree with @MizzyMax, there is a conflict of interest with contract systems being used as both a store of value and code execution. Dash does not need a sophisticated contract system, nor a pegged currency, nor it's own username space and so on. These functions and more would be better served as a multi-chain approach because the most widely adopted systems are interoperable e.g. lego bricks.

Paragon, the guy that hangs out on the Dash forums/Slack channel.
I agree, that should be a core feature then of the process. How do we let them know it is time to chime in with a more relevant opinion if any? We do not need duplicate work, that sucks.

Find that guy and bring him into this conversation asap.

I agree, that should be a core feature then of the process. How do we let them know it is time to chime in with a more relevant opinion if any? We do not need duplicate work, that sucks.

Find that guy and bring him into this conversation asap.

Paragon is juggling about 14 things at the moment, and doing a lot of the work ahead of time, just to be sure he can deliver on what he proposes. I don't know if it will be this budget cycle or the next when we see the proposal, but it's in process. My sense is that he is going to ramp up communication and accountability with proposal winners significantly. You know, if we had better communication and follow up on proposals, and Greencandle turns out to be a trusted way to do escrow, we could get somewhere. I'll let you know if I hear more...

I watched 2 interviews of Charlie, one from Tao and one from Mark and also I watched the Banking on Bitcoin documentary the same day. I was kind excited about his proposal because we "was" an important actor for DASH, but when I started asking to the community about him I was very very disappointed. Its a shame how he ran away and hide.

I watched 2 interviews of Charlie, one from Tao and one from Mark and also I watched the Banking on Bitcoin documentary the same day. I was kind excited about his proposal because we "was" an important actor for DASH, but when I started asking to the community about him I was very very disappointed. Its a shame how he ran away and hide.

Our business partners know people at TenX, while I can't make promises, we're trying to get a Dash based and branded pay card through them. Rather than have it go through a Treasury proposal, we're looking at a limited partnership to try and work something out. After Christmas, I'll try and get an update. Though, everyone is very busy with our project. I'm sure the core team could help us structure a deal, we'll keep you posted.

Wading into the conversation here. Forgive me if this has been covered already. I met someone last night who had a Shift card. It allowed him to spend Bitcoin with a Visa branded debit card. He could spend 4$ on a sandwhich and it would deduct exactly $4 worth of bitcoin from his coinbase account.

Has anyone tried reaching out to Shift to see if they could work with us?

Wading into the conversation here. Forgive me if this has been covered already. I met someone last night who had a Shift card. It allowed him to spend Bitcoin with a Visa branded debit card. He could spend 4$ on a sandwhich and it would deduct exactly $4 worth of bitcoin from his coinbase account.

Has anyone tried reaching out to Shift to see if they could work with us?

The Shift card is Coinbase. I'm not sure dash will ever get added to Coinbase.

Dash on TenX is working well now. They had some issues early on, but they seem to of fixed them. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets enabled to all users in January / February (better late than never).

Coinbase is thugs, Unless they have huge stake in Dash(which they won't be able to at this point)

they won't add it. I saw them pumping litecoin $4 to $50 before they list litecoin in main page.

They did same thing with listing bitcoin cash overnight.

I am glad Dash is out of their reach right now.

The Shift card is Coinbase. I'm not sure dash will ever get added to Coinbase.

Dash on TenX is working well now. They had some issues early on, but they seem to of fixed them. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets enabled to all users in January / February (better late than never).
When you say all users are you including users outside of Europe or USA?How many countries will the card be available?

When you say all users are you including users outside of Europe or USA?How many countries will the card be available?

When I said "all users", I meant all current active users (at the moment, that's Europe). And I'm just speculating, I don't actually know.

Back