• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(Pre-Proposal) DASHPayCard - DASH Branded Debit Card + Fiat/Dash Integration

paid through an online hot wallet instead of their own wallet

1. How do you plan to verify that the supplied address is "an online hot wallet"? Or, even the corresponding private key is known?
2. Let's guess you have a workable answer for (1). Does that mean that you suggest putting $1.9M bughunting bounty online on a monthly basis?

1. How do you plan to verify that the supplied address is "an online hot wallet"? Or, even the corresponding private key is known?
2. Let's guess you have a workable answer for (1). Does that mean that you suggest putting $1.9M bughunting bounty online on a monthly basis?

I was thinking that all payouts be to an online wallet approved by the Dash team, when someone creates their proposal, they would receive the wallet generated automatically. Although I have to admit, I don't have the programming skills to say if this is feasible or not, just throwing out ideas.

Why is everyone convinced that something is wrong with Charlie and not the system, of which mastercard is a part of? I thought it was a longshot to begin with? Shrem is not an insider in fiat banking. Is there any legal reason we cannot acquire a struggling credit union or savings and loan? The ceo was or is putting in place the legal frameworks to allow DASH to enter into contracts and administer them.

Why is everyone convinced that something is wrong with Charlie and not the system, of which mastercard is a part of? I thought it was a longshot to begin with? Shrem is not an insider in fiat banking. Is there any legal reason we cannot acquire a struggling credit union or savings and loan? The ceo was or is putting in place the legal frameworks to allow DASH to enter into contracts and administer them.

Because of his continued lack of any bloody updates thats why. How many chances are people willing to give this shill. If it is due to circumstances outside his control, update the stakeholders. If he has hit a road block, then let the community know. No instead this peanut goes dark.

Because of his continued lack of any bloody updates thats why. How many chances are people willing to give this shill. If it is due to circumstances outside his control, update the stakeholders. If he has hit a road block, then let the community know. No instead this peanut goes dark.
I see, I thought maybe I could not find that thread or something? Actions are speech and Andy Grove founder of Intel said stay paranoid, so my thoughts are:
  • he is not talking because he can't = Either someone told him not too or he is afraid to?
  • he is not talking because he won't = Either he fucked it all up or does not have the will because of other projects and/or coke & hoes?
So the question now is how do we flush him down the toilet and keep moving forward?

I see, I thought maybe I could not find that thread or something? Actions are speech and Andy Grove founder of Intel said stay paranoid, so my thoughts are:
  • he is not talking because he can't = Either someone told him not too or he is afraid to?
  • he is not talking because he won't = Either he fucked it all up or does not have the will because of other projects and/or coke & hoes?
So the question now is how do we flush him down the toilet and keep moving forward?

I personally do not think there was malice behind the way he handled this.

I think there are technical issues stopping it from moving forward but his lack of updates is what really frustrates me and I dont know why it frustrates me so much seeing as my limited holdings in Dash would prevent me from using it. It certainly did help open the discussion in ways to help prevent this from happening again

I personally do not think there was malice behind the way he handled this.

I think there are technical issues stopping it from moving forward but his lack of updates is what really frustrates me and I dont know why it frustrates me so much seeing as my limited holdings in Dash would prevent me from using it. It certainly did help open the discussion in ways to help prevent this from happening again

Malice is often hidden as stupidity and technical issues are not issues until they become issues. A tooth does not hurt until you are in pain? Wall street has this concept of a quiet period when dealing with stock ipo's. I heard his comments about not speaking publicly about the card and that it was looked down upon by the card company. Statements like, " Still on hold " and " nothing yet " once per week should not be considered speaking publicly. Taking longer than normal is speech, just like donations is speech. I understand that DASH would require special review because we live in a different world now unlike when coinbase started.

1. Why are we not using Silicon Valley Bank or others as a fiat partner?
  2. TenX has this COMIT whitepaper, did charlie have one? Monaco card also had one, I think?
  3. Did someone who has been around for awhile and has community trust say "I checked on things, so chill "?

Enough of the hate. He's already said elsewhere, he was previously burnt for revealing stuff ahead of time. This crypto debit card thing is treading on a lot of toes, we can see that elsewhere; tenx etc.

Personally, I think one way or another he will come through but just keep in mind this is not a one-man-show, there's a whole bunch of people and processes behind the scenes. The legal world - NDAs etc - are a pain in the butt. So let's just have some patience.

Enough of the hate. He's already said elsewhere, he was previously burnt for revealing stuff ahead of time. This crypto debit card thing is treading on a lot of toes, we can see that elsewhere; tenx etc.

Personally, I think one way or another he will come through but just keep in mind this is not a one-man-show, there's a whole bunch of people and processes behind the scenes. The legal world - NDAs etc - are a pain in the butt. So let's just have some patience.

How long do you think would be appropriate to wait? From what I have been able to gather, Charlie has not publicly communicated any updates in over a month except for a single tweet 3 weeks ago. He has not followed up on this thread or logged into his account here at all for over 6 months since the proposal passed. He did do the one interview with dashforce a while back. Other public communication from Charlie has had little to no mention of Dash at all, not even considering the debit card. There is a chasm between how he has handled dash, versus his overt enthusiasm and community participation with other projects.

I am NOT saying there can't be reasons he is handling it like this, and I am not saying we should write this off yet, but it is extremely concerning.

Malice is often hidden as stupidity
Feign incompetence, reduces backlash when you planned to take the money and run all along.

A well practiced behavior in the real world, where someone might actually sue you.

coke & hoes?
As long as the MNOs refuse to grow up and be adults, this will happen.

As long as The Usual Suspects keep the budget system gimped up with a lack of features and useful granular control, there's no motivation for MNOs to give a shit. But, that was the objective... Bottomless Piggy Bank for those with the political influence. It's broken on purpose.

Q) Does the card depend on the DAPI working?

If yes, then the dev roadmap says that it will not be live on the mainnet until 02/18. So let's assume we hit that date, then we could not reasonably expect a card until mid or late Q3 of 2018.

If not, then we should set a 60 to 90 day fuse, then go full tard! I dunno, what say you @TroyDASH, shorter or longer fuse?

The takeaway: In the future, we have to set clear communication standards in the proposal templates that are being developed with appropriate remedies. If provocateurs are abound then remedy always sunshine.

Yeah you're right, we should wait until after the deadline........ Oh wait that passed weeks ago without any acknowledgement from Charlie.

Maybe we should go back through the forums or proposal page and double check his updates........ Oh wait, he has not provided a single update in either of those places. NOT 1.

If this was anyone else if would have been sealed as a delinquent proposal.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Sometimes saying that you dont have any updates is better than saying nothing at all.

Silence is what kills....

Yeah you're right, we should wait until after the deadline........ Oh wait that passed weeks ago without any acknowledgement from Charlie.

Maybe we should go back through the forums or proposal page and double check his updates........ Oh wait, he has not provided a single update in either of those places. NOT 1.

If this was anyone else if would have been sealed as a delinquent proposal.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

I agree with all the frustration here. It's true, whether it's Core or Shrem, good communication is essential.

Call it intuition, but I feel there's more to this than meets the eye.

Three people + I are in agreement that if it were anyone else, then the community would have already made a move on him.

Q) Are we victims of his celebrity? Did Cosby slip something in the coffee and we woke up in Weinstein's house?

Hell yea, its relevant. Crypto's and the rent seekers like mastercard/visa cannot co-exist? MasterNodes are a clear and present danger to their business model.
  1. Fucking wow, I just dumped TenX yesterday, my spidy sense was tingling because of the lack of paranoia in this debate. Good timing on my part!
  2. " All existing cards belonging to people outside the EEA (Euro Zone) will remain active for another 90 days. " Does that mean my coinbase card will be shut off as well?
  3. Centra card has their own banking partner and if true appears to have dodged this first bullet, please refer to my previous comments about buying a small S & L from the FDIC shit list.
  4. Why only the EEA? Sounds like a short to me?

Hell yea, its relevant. Crypto's and the rent seekers like mastercard/visa cannot co-exist? MasterNodes are a clear and present danger to their business model.
  1. Fucking wow, I just dumped TenX yesterday, my spidy sense was tingling because of the lack of paranoia in this debate. Good timing on my part!
  2. " All existing cards belonging to people outside the EEA (Euro Zone) will remain active for another 90 days. " Does that mean my coinbase card will be shut off as well?
  3. Centra card has their own banking partner and if true appears to have dodged this first bullet, please refer to my previous comments about buying a small S & L from the FDIC shit list.
  4. Why only the EEA? Sounds like a short to me?

Might be a bit premature. TenX were already lining up new issuers before the visa and mastercard incident. Also, they will be leasing a bank license, though admittedly that will take 6+ months. But really, a bet on tenx isn't just about their card but also a long term gamble on their COMIT protocol.

AFAIK, Centra is a one trick pony.

Q) Are we victims of his celebrity?

Maybe for some but I think when you dig deeper you get better sense of who he is and understand there are bigger things at play here.

The stage is set for an epic battle. The Merkle article highlights the importance of partnerships with those like Alt36. We need to bypass visa / mc entirely.

Back