• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: DASHDRIFT

Would you support the idea of the project?

• Yes, it's good already

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Yes, after some minor corrections

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi guys, I was wondering if you have stats regarding the profile of the people that follow this events and why they would be a good market for adopting DASH.

Overall great proposal. Full support!

Cheers

Hi Santos!

Thanks for your support!

I would say that the majority who participate and follow the event are aged between 20-40. They are interested in technology, but from different angle (cars, mechanics) and that's why we think they are a good target group because crypto is still quite new to them and considered as "this IT stuff", but on the other hand they are the kind of persons who can easily adopt the system.

In order to achieve that, we need to educate them a bit and let them use it in reality to see how easy it is. We are trying to make the buying procedure as convenient and fast as possible and also considering about producing flyers about Dash and its system, value and usage that we can distribute on site.

Cheers!
Andreas

Hi guys, I was wondering if you have stats regarding the profile of the people that follow this events and why they would be a good market for adopting DASH.

Overall great proposal. Full support!

Cheers

Hi All!

We would like to ask your opinion about the amount of giveaway. Our original thought was that a person should receive DASH worth of 10-12 USD which we think is the minimum amount of money that would make a person motivated enough to do the task and download some new software into their phone, etc (that reward gives them opportunity to get "free" food or drinks which they probably want during these long days).

When we planned the project then 1 DASH was worth of $1k USD and we could distribute it between 100 people. Before we made the pre-proposal, DASH dropped to $700, but we didn't want to increase that number yet.

In your opinion, what would be a reasonable amount of giveaway or number of receivers? Should we leave it to 1 DASH or say, 100 people? Or decrease/increase that number? An increase means that more people would be engaged with Dash and more engagements in social media, etc., but where to draw the line?

Cheers!
Andreas

Nicely presented, a yes from me.

I like the blue tire / smoke idea. Maybe you should also put the dash logo on the roof and use a drone for action shots.

Thanks GrandMasterDash! Actually we are planning to use drone, but so far we were thinking about using rounded dash logo on the hood, never thought about the roof...will definitely think about using that space.

Over the last few days we were thinking about the project and we would like to put bit more effort on the "educational" part. Advertisement and giveaway are necessary in order to get attention and engage people, but the effects might be just short term, i.e. wallets will be created, dash received and used, but they may just forget it afterwards if they really don't get it. Therefore, we should help people to understand the whole system and its values. We are thinking about creating and printing out some easily understandable brochures about the technology in general and using Dash as a great example (e.g. they can grab one next to the caterer or from the "Dash Centre"). Also, we should prepare good materials to show on screen when they do drop by the DC, and hopefully we can find and borrow an Antminer to show. Hmm, or shall we put the miner on the roof? :D

I believe these events are a great place to do that, because they are held over two days and people have time to wonder around, and we can also approach them more individually, hopefully resulting in a long term effect. :)

We should put our proposal up by the end of this week.

Could you provide a way for people to buy more dash on site in case there is interest?
If yes it would also be cool if the people could get a discount at the caterer when they pay with dash.
It would be fine with me if you have to ask for a bit more dash to make this happen.

I love the idea! We could ask the caterer to offer, say 10% (?) discount for everyone who pays in DASH, and then we just compensate it afterwards. 10% of $10 buy is only $1 so that's almost like nothing. However, it's difficult to estimate the number of buys in DASH well in advance...it also depends on whether people can somehow buy Dash on site. We could ask 1 - 1.5 DASH extra, which means we would be able to cover around 300-500 $10 buys (we also need to take InstantSend fee out of the price) and in case there are only few buys, we will increase our giveaway in the end or after the events on social media?

I think this idea will draw extra attention on Dash and we may see people who didn't get DASH via giveaway, but are still interested in (since they can get discount!) and want to buy DASH. If they could get DASH immediately and use it right for payment, then we will win another person on our side, but I'm afraid they lose interest when they hear about the rather complicated and time consuming way of buying it.

We will think about it, but if somebody has an idea how could we help them to obtain (low amounts) DASH quickly, that would be way too awesome!

Last edited:
Back