• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: DASH U.S. Tax Guide for Masternodes, Miners and Investors

I explained why there is opposition.

You're putting brand new tires on a car with no engine.

Your comments above amount to little more than a disjointed, pessimistic rant that explains nothing about the thought process of the MNO voters.

I fear you'd likely get the same results, even with modifications. I voted for it, but my guess is that many MNOs, particularly those outside the US, saw limited utility in the proposal. For a proposal like this that's relatively low cost and benefits only a small subset of the Dash ecosystem, it might be more effective to raise funds independent of the budget system. That way you could raise the funds directly from those who have a vested interest in the service and wouldn't require consensus of the entire DAO.

Please see my new pre-proposal here: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...-jurisdiction-international-tax-guides.28459/
wherein I propose to, among other things, commission tax guides for a number of other countries. And I would appreciate yours and others thoughts on whether that would allay the concerns that led to no votes.

I truly don’t understand how an inexpensive proposal like my original one failed while things like an 800 Dash per month proposal to sponsor an internet tv show pass.

I fear you'd likely get the same results, even with modifications. I voted for it, but my guess is that many MNOs, particularly those outside the US, saw limited utility in the proposal. For a proposal like this that's relatively low cost and benefits only a small subset of the Dash ecosystem, it might be more effective to raise funds independent of the budget system. That way you could raise the funds directly from those who have a vested interest in the service and wouldn't require consensus of the entire DAO.

Also, in terms of raising money from people directly for such a project, I doubt I could raise enough to do it. People don’t want to spend their own money. It seemed like getting to people to vote for a treasury funding of such a project would be an easier sell than getting people to go out of pocket. Especially when there was plenty of money left unallocated in the budget.

Back