• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Dash to fund the research of a medicament

Would you like DASH to fund a medicament?

• yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • no

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes only in case the drug company offers the drug patent free

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

demo

This is a governance question. If it gets enough yes votes here, and I manage to find the required proposal fee, I will add it to the governance system. A yes from the masternodes will incentivize people to search for potential drug companies who want to be funded by a cryptocurrency.

There are plenty of companies out there which are doing research in drugs.
the cost of research may reach about 10.000.000.000 $ and may lasts 10 years
Dash total budget is about 1.100.000 $, so I propose with a portion of the total budget to fund a medical company which is in the last stage. And maybe ask them to name the drug DASH.

what do you think?

Last edited:
That research money is from patents and I'm not a fan of patents.
this is another governance question.
If the answer in this question is yes, then the next question may be:
Would you like to fund a patented drug company, or a patent free drug company?
But I could add your opinion as alternative poll option (which I did)

<vote history>
*yes1 vote(s) 50.0%
no 1 vote(s) 50.0%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
yes only in case the drug company offers the drug patent free 0 vote(s) 0.0%

</vote history>

Last edited:
this is another governance question.
If the answer of this is yes, then the next question may be:
Would you like to fund a patented drug company, or a patent free drug company?

But i could add your reply as alternative poll option.

I don't think there is a "patent free" option. If someone has a patent then they're almost certainly going to exercise it against you. Might be better to create a Dash Island, claim sovereignty and then grant a constitution that rejects patents.

I don't think there is a "patent free" option. If someone has a patent then they're almost certainly going to exercise it against you. Might be better to create a Dash Island, claim sovereignty and then grant a constitution that rejects patents.

You seem to ignore the fact that you cannot claim sovereignty if you remain virtual. Sovereignty requires land and army.

How will you sell your patent free mediaments, if you have no land to sell them? You can only sell them in the black market, but we all know the fate of silkroad. Sooner or later, whatever black market is discovered, at least as long as the internet remains as it is today, fully controled by the state.

But this is an idea, to buy an isolated island and declare it a patent free island. And sell the medicament there. If you manage of course to escape from the drugs industry loby, which is currently one million times stronger than Dash loby......

Last edited:
I don't know, if the British can lease Hong Kong then I don't see why a crypto can't do it.

Or buy a small island for a couple of mil, it's not that inconceivable actually.

I don't know, if the British can lease Hong Kong then I don't see why a crypto can't do it.

Or buy a small island for a couple of mil, it's not that inconceivable actually.

This is a nice idea, Dash to buy a small island. And let this island to be used for whatever purpose (including black market or patent free market, or copyright violation market, if this is decided). Or just lets go there for Dash vacations! :)

I will add a preproposal for this also.

<vote history>
* yes 1 vote(s) 25.0%
no 3 vote(s) 75.0%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
</vote history>

Last edited:
Better than an island would be seasteading:
https://www.seasteading.org/

"The Seasteading Institute empowers people to build floating startup societies with innovative governance models. Supported entirely by donations from individuals who share our vision, we’ve accomplished a lot."

Better than an island would be seasteading:
https://www.seasteading.org/

"The Seasteading Institute empowers people to build floating startup societies with innovative governance models. Supported entirely by donations from individuals who share our vision, we’ve accomplished a lot."

The seasteading may be bombarded and sink.
In a real island, you can hide yourself and your products into underground tunnels.

https://www.privateislandsonline.com/

<vote history><-- why vote history is usefull?
* yes 1 vote(s) 20.0%
no 4 vote(s) 80.0%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
</vote history>

Last edited:
Yeah, personally, I would prefer a real island and they aren't that expensive in the grand scheme of things.

But there would have to be physical security. Governments could easily impose sanctions / cut cables / invade etc and there's little we could do about that.. but security from pirates / terrorists would be my #1 concern.

Imagine how rich Dash could become in case we had invested in covid19 vaccines!
Yet another oportunity lost, due to the stupid mnos.

Back