• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal - DASH Returns to National Broadcast Radio

I actually agree and have long been a critic of the Dash Core Group gobbling up the lion's share of funds. Curiously, the prior objection in this thread was that our talk radio listenership wasn't right for DASH, but yours is that we need different demographics. Talk Radio listeners are older and wealthier - this is certainly a fresh demo for DASH. Also, radio is great for branding. The more we talk about DASH, the more it becomes the other crypto people think about besides bitcoin, which everyone's heard of. There is big value in branding. When someone says to themselves, "I've got to get my money out of these banks, alright I'm going to try crypto" - we want them to think of DASH.

Can you please set up an affiliate link at a cryptocurrency exchange that you point your listeners to. I want to know the dollar amount of Dash you sell as a result of your marketing.

If you can't measure the value you create, it is not real.

If you do so, I suspect you'll be setting a precedent for all future marketing proposals and should certainly receive funding.

Why?

Because we won't be gambling. We'll know what our ROI is. The DAO can afford to spend this amount of Dash to find out the ROI. It cannot afford this continued path of throwing money into the void without any outcome measurement.

I actually agree and have long been a critic of the Dash Core Group gobbling up the lion's share of funds. Curiously, the prior objection in this thread was that our talk radio listenership wasn't right for DASH, but yours is that we need different demographics. Talk Radio listeners are older and wealthier - this is certainly a fresh demo for DASH. Also, radio is great for branding. The more we talk about DASH, the more it becomes the other crypto people think about besides bitcoin, which everyone's heard of. There is big value in branding. When someone says to themselves, "I've got to get my money out of these banks, alright I'm going to try crypto" - we want them to think of DASH.

Voted yes.

Can you please set up an affiliate link at a cryptocurrency exchange that you point your listeners to. I want to know the dollar amount of Dash you sell as a result of your marketing.

If you can't measure the value you create, it is not real.

If you do so, I suspect you'll be setting a precedent for all future marketing proposals and should certainly receive funding.

Why?

Because we won't be gambling. We'll know what our ROI is. The DAO can afford to spend this amount of Dash to find out the ROI. It cannot afford this continued path of throwing money into the void without any outcome measurement.

The only exchange I've promoted is Thorchain. Screw centralized exchanges. Very excited that DASH will be getting on Maya shortly.

This proposal is for talking about DASH nightly and branding it on national talk radio. It would be very hard to gauge the effects of branding. We're talking about introducing people to DASH for the first time and then using frequency to pound it into their heads.

While certainly some of our online listeners are current crypto users, most of our radio listeners are probably inexperienced and we want to introduce them to an actual useful crypto, especially with the ongoing financial dollar disaster going on.

The only exchange I've promoted is Thorchain. Screw centralized exchanges. Very excited that DASH will be getting on Maya shortly.

This proposal is for talking about DASH nightly and branding it on national talk radio. It would be very hard to gauge the effects of branding. We're talking about introducing people to DASH for the first time and then using frequency to pound it into their heads.

While certainly some of our online listeners are current crypto users, most of our radio listeners are probably inexperienced and we want to introduce them to an actual useful crypto, especially with the ongoing financial dollar disaster going on.

What good is there introducing people to crypto if there is no follow through? Does Thorchain have a referral system?

Are there any other DEXs that have an affiliate program?

Perhaps you can do more research and figure out a way to provide actual value to the network instead of moralizing your disdain for centralized exchanges.

If no such system exists, working with a DEX to set one up would be EXTREMELY valuable and you'd get paid to do so I imagine. It is also plausible that the dao would help provide funding for such a referral program for the dex itself.

Also please consider, it need not be an exchange. Acquiring dash would be the ideal scenario but you could even approach something downstream. like of the listener having purchased the crypto. I just checked with Bitrefill they have a referal program;

They radio host can verbally share it's referral link with the audience and emphasize that if they use their link and spend $50 on eligible products, they can earn $5 and be able to invite their friends.

The referral link would be an 8 digit code that would contain letters and numbers, for example the referral token from your account is mc9lsdkb, you can share this links with your friends and family to get a $5 credit when they have spent $50 in products!

Local coin swap also have a referral program - https://localcoinswap.com/referral-program

Claiming it would be too difficult to gauge the impact of your marketing shouldn't be tolerated. I have no idea how the dash marketing hub is allowed to get away with it either.

Also please consider, it need not be an exchange. Acquiring dash would be the ideal scenario but you could even approach something downstream. like of the listener having purchased the crypto. I just checked with Bitrefill they have a referal program;

Local coin swap also have a referral program - https://localcoinswap.com/referral-program

Claiming it would be too difficult to gauge the impact of your marketing shouldn't be tolerated. I have no idea how the dash marketing hub is allowed to get away with it either.

It sounds like you don't see the value in a national branding and explanatory campaign. Not all advertising is designed to get direct sales results. However, radio is great for driving visits to a website - that's why Bitcoin.com sponsored us for many years.

We can brand and raise awareness about Dash.org. We have done it before circa 2017 and would love to do it again.

It sounds like you don't see the value in a national branding and explanatory campaign.

Intuitively it seems that a national branding campaign would provide value. It sounds like it is *you* that doesn't think it is valuable nor that this value can be measured. Otherwise I can't understand you're reluctance to want to add useful, measurable metrics of any kind. Perhaps I am wrong, and you are just lazy.

Actually, that's not fair. I can understand your hesitancy. It is the standard quo within the Dash funding ecosystem. Good intentions are all that is needed. Why risk having to show results. That is rationale.

It is up to the masternode operators to demand more.

Why should we act as if the value you'd create is self evident? It is not. You should be able to show something tangible that in some way forms the basis for us to conclude that your campaign is valuable.

Just an unsolicited suggestion @FTL_Ian -- in the first post you made to this thread as well as in your most-recent comment, you mentioned "Dash.org". While that site and the DFO behind it (Dash Core Group, or DCG) is the largest in the Dash ecosphere it is just one entity/team. If your proposal is funded it will certainly be worthwhile to specifically mention "Dash.org" as a place to send folks -- the action step -- but general phrasing about "Dash" is likely ok at times too.

In the past, for example, there has been some confusion when media outlets have interviewed the DCG head and presented that person to viewers as "the CEO of Dash", a position that cannot happen due to the structure of Dash.

Re: your legaland ventures -- for those who seek to control and manipulate others it's understandable why they'd view your message of peace, self-liberation, and voluntary interactions as harmful (to their own ends). Happy that you've continued to operate from a place of transcendence.

Agreed, Pete. We'd be talking about what is happening with DASH and why DASH is great for spending, its history as the first DAO. At some point, we need to direct listeners somewhere to learn more, get a wallet, get connected with the community. Are there other websites that can do that as well as DASH.org we should consider promoting?

Agreed, Pete. We'd be talking about what is happening with DASH and why DASH is great for spending, its history as the first DAO. At some point, we need to direct listeners somewhere to learn more, get a wallet, get connected with the community. Are there other websites that can do that as well as DASH.org we should consider promoting?
Good question. For wallet downloads certainly Dash.org has a comprehensive list (Dash.org/Downloads). To connect with the community there is this forum of course (Dash.org/Forum), and the Dash Discord and subreddit are good places to ask questions. The Dash School series on Youtube is informative. Others may weigh-in with specific suggestions too.

But my main message above (which I may not have communicated well) was just to encourage y'all -- if your proposal is funded -- to not say "Dash.org" all the time but "Dash" mostly and then "Dash.org" at times. 🫡

Good question. For wallet downloads certainly Dash.org has a comprehensive list (Dash.org/Downloads). To connect with the community there is this forum of course (Dash.org/Forum), and the Dash Discord and subreddit are good places to ask questions. The Dash School series on Youtube is informative. Others may weigh-in with specific suggestions too.

But my main message above (which I may not have communicated well) was just to encourage y'all -- if your proposal is funded -- to not say "Dash.org" all the time but "Dash" mostly and then "Dash.org" at times. 🫡
Agreed. We would talk about DASH and when the "call to action" happens, it would be DASH.org that we direct people to.

Thank you for the overwhelming support. The proposal has passed and I have worked up some ad copy focusing on various aspects of DASH, such as the technology like CHAINLOCKS that set it apart from the other cryptos, DASH DIRECT giving a discount as an incentives to actually spend crypto, and the DASH DAO leading the way as the first DAO. Each ad promotes DASH.org as a call-to-action.

I'm running the copy past Joel for feedback and suggestions and we'll be getting it on-the-air within 24 hours including the live sponsorships as promised in the proposal and we'll be bonusing nightly :60 pre-recorded ads in our podcast and live streams.

We'll also have Joel on-air with us on occasion to dig deeper into DASHy things.

Excited to help promote Maya, Spritz, and other upcoming DASH developments as well to our on-air and online audiences - which are very different audiences. Feedback and ideas always welcome. Thank you again - it's good to have DASH back onboard as a major sponsor.

I just handed the Sunday night crew the ad copy just before they started the final hour and after reading it, it sparked a discussion about using DASH DIRECT, as Captain Kickass is already an experienced DASH DIRECT user. Nikki mentioned she has a DASH t-shirt. This is because even without a sponsorship, our hosts are already onboard with DASH, which is why DASH is a perfect sponsor for us. More to come! As always, you can tune-in any night 7-10pm Eastern at listen.freetalklive.com or watch.freetalklive.com

WOW!!! AWESOME IAN!
Great to have Dash back on the air!
Thnx for all you do!
FYI: Dash was as high as number 3 on coinmarketcap back in 2017!

Yeah move to 2017 and watch!!!
IMG_9044.jpeg

We did report on the chain outage last night, as it's important to keep listeners informed. Looks like blocks are being produced again according to the post from @dashpay on twitter and 80% of MNs are upgraded to 19.1.

So, does that mean it's safe to tell listeners that they can transact again? It sounds like it, but I figured I'd check in here.

Back