• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: DASH NFC POS - Advanced Festival/Event Payment Solutions

Would you support this proposal?

• I don't know (Leave us any question you want)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rullikas

Hi Dash community!

As we know, the current problem with cryptocurrencies is the lack of real life use.

Our mission is to increase usage and adoption by building a strong foundation/infrastructure that benefits everyone.

Currently there is a massive global trend towards “cashless” festivals/events and even nightclubs. We’re going to use Dash blockchain as the backbone of our mobile Point Of Sale system - every transaction at various Festivals/Events/Clubs will be broadcasted to the Dash network.

Around our area (Nordic/Baltic countries) there is lots of interest in crypto payments already. There’s also a lot of festivals and events happening that need cashless & contactless payment solutions. In addition, night clubs also want the same solutions. We will provide these solutions via our DASH NFC POS - a Dash-exclusive software/hardware point of sale system (based on Dash) that’s already been in development and testing for some time.

This project directly benefits the Dash ecosystem by using it’s blockchain (EXCLUSIVELY) to process vast amounts of transactions. This could reach into millions of transactions in a relatively short amount of time.

Dash treasury should fund this proposal because we’re building a infrastructure for already-existing industry/audiences - this will result in large-scale awareness and usage.

Return Of Investment for the Dash community
We are creating, expanding and maintaining a whole infrastructure of payments.

This project directly benefits the Dash ecosystem by using it’s blockchain (EXCLUSIVELY) to process vast amounts of transactions. This could reach into millions of transactions in a relatively short amount of time.

Through this usage, Dash will get a lot of coverage - many people will have Dash as their first real cryptocurrency experience.

This project delivers on multiple levels: Hands-on experience with Dash, organic marketing that draws new people into the ecosystem and providing a functional payment infrastructure for new/existing Dash users.

Our team is solid and we have previous experience in this field.

We’ve gained a lot of experience and contacts during the time we’ve been working for the Dash community (check our 3 successful proposals below)

Scope of technical work
In the scope of this proposal, we will upgrade our current solution by doing the following:
  • Continue development of the DASH NFC Point of Sale system (that was used in Estonian music festival, at a large scale). This includes goals like:
    • Support of various GUI modes of the POS terminals, enabling running on phones and tablets (significally reducing set-up cost)
    • More advanced inventory/stock control systems
    • Multi-language support
    • Top-up DASH NFC wristbands using DASH or fiat on the spot
    • Continued mobile (QR-code based) payments support
  • Continue development of the related back-office systems like:
    • In-depth user/account management
    • Inventory/stock control
    • Precise reporting
  • Continue development of the client-facing parts accessible via world wide web:
    • Top-up DASH NFC wristbands using DASH or fiat online (QR-code based)
    • Detailed top-up and transaction history
    • Loyalty program
  • Develop a modular and flexible system for festivals and clubs - easy to set up, configure and upgrade.
You can expect regular status updates (with videos) regarding development.

Budget overview (63 Dash per month for 3 months)
Budget, as calculated with an exchange rate of 150€ per DASH:
  • 2 Developers - 2 x 3000€ = 6000€ / month
  • 1 Project Manager - 2000€ / month
  • Refund of the proposal fee - 5 DASH
  • Small buffer for unexpected costs ~ 1000€ / month
  • Fiat gateway fees - up to 5%
We understand that there’s very limited amount of budget in the treasury, so we decided to postpone the ‘marketing’ side of this proposal for 2 months. This enabled us to reduce our monthly ask by 35%.

Outro
We want to add a few more facts about Estonia and why it is important to get adoption here first. According to The Economist, the country in 2013 held the world record for the number of startups per person. And it’s not quantity over quality: Many Estonian startups are now successful companies that you may recognize, such as Skype, TransferWise, Pipedrive, Cloutex, Click & Grow, GrabCAD, Erply, Fortumo, Lingvist and others. Since independence the country has rapidly developed its IT sector, becoming one of the world's most digitally advanced societies.

In 2005 Estonia became the first state to hold elections over the Internet, and in 2014 the first state to provide e-residency. The top three industries doing exponentially well compared to the global trends, are Location Services, Engineering & Technology, and Electronics & Hardware.

Estonians are open-minded, tech-savvy and ready for changes.

We are aiming to bootstrap DASH adoption, starting with truly “frictionless” payments using contactless technology (NFC) and mobile payments (QR)

Our previous successful proposals:
Dash NFC wristband system used at Estonian music festival
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Adoption-Cornerstone-Estonia-And-Beyond
Related articles:
https://cryptobriefing.com/music-festival-adopts-crypto-payments/
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/i-...00-fans-use-dash-cryptocurrency-for-payments/
https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-used-by-25-of-music-festival-attendees-in-estonia/

Local Meetups and Community building at Tallinn
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/estonian-community-building-phase1

Tallinn Blockchain conference Sponsorship
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/tallinn-blockchain-conference

Rullikas,
Thank you for your contributions to Dash. I am pleased with how your previous proposals have worked out. I would like to know more about the scope of your technical objectives. Would you please take the time to elaborate on each bullet, turning them into complete thoughts?
Thanks

@rullikas -- Thank you for your pre-proposal. Your team has done a great job of solving problems as they arise and the challenges of adapting to working within the Dash ecosystem. From your last proposal, it seems like your NFC solution was a great success, and this is evidenced by the interest shown in that solution by other organizations and businesses. One thing that's been emerging as a valuable trait in a proposal--especially during the market downturn and general volatility of this industry--is the capacity for the organizations we fund to attain some measure of self-sufficiency so they don't have to return to the DAO every time they need funding, and I think your team has a very real chance at developing a marketable and potentially profitable solution. So I'm happy to support your efforts on that end.

Do you have an estimated amount of time/funding you believe would be sufficient for completion of your solution so that you could begin a marketing push, or is that implied with the scope of this proposal?

@rullikas -- Thank you for your pre-proposal. Your team has done a great job of solving problems as they arise and the challenges of adapting to working within the Dash ecosystem. From your last proposal, it seems like your NFC solution was a great success, and this is evidenced by the interest shown in that solution by other organizations and businesses. One thing that's been emerging as a valuable trait in a proposal--especially during the market downturn and general volatility of this industry--is the capacity for the organizations we fund to attain some measure of self-sufficiency so they don't have to return to the DAO every time they need funding, and I think your team has a very real chance at developing a marketable and potentially profitable solution. So I'm happy to support your efforts on that end.

Do you have an estimated amount of time/funding you believe would be sufficient for completion of your solution so that you could begin a marketing push, or is that implied with the scope of this proposal?

@Arthyron -- Thank you for your support!
We believe the amount of funding requested in this proposal will be enough to get this product to a marketable stage.
We will be submitting this proposal very shortly and hope that the MNO community understands what we are doing here.

Do the wristbands work at different venues? For example - if I have a wristband with $20 on it from Club A, can I go to Club B and spend that same Dash?

Do the wristbands work at different venues? For example - if I have a wristband with $20 on it from Club A, can I go to Club B and spend that same Dash?
Thank you for your question. Yes - the wristbands would work accross different venues. The Dash blockchain makes this possible.

Thank you for your question. Yes - the wristbands would work accross different venues. The Dash blockchain makes this possible.

I assume that the wristband contains private keys that are encrypted with a key known by the system.

If so, each establishment would have the same key if the wristbands are compatible across establishments - is this correct?

If that's the case, @rulikas, it might be worth getting an external security audit because when the incentive is big enough (festival full of people with money on their wrists), someone will do their best find a way to hack it.

Just this morning I saw an article about Tesla getting their key fob security hacked. You're operating in a similar space and I would hate to see your hard work and efforts go to waste because one small thing was overlooked.

That aside though, I like what you've put together so far!!!

Only thing I would work on for the final product is some animation in your PoS system. It's the difference between something that feels hacked together and something that feels very professional.

Thank you for your concern.
One of our developers is a small-time security researcher.
Please rest assured that the different organisations/venues will not have knowledge of the encryption keys used.
But - we will definitely have regular security audits once the system goes live.

Thank you for your concern.
One of our developers is a small-time security researcher.
Please rest assured that the different organisations/venues will not have knowledge of the encryption keys used.
But - we will definitely have regular security audits once the system goes live.

But am I correct on how this system works?

Back