• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Dash Middle East

awesomedash

Hi everyone,

I'm exploring a proposal idea but first wanted to get some initial feedback. Have we had any group/proposal in the past that targets Middle East (Arab countries, Iran, Turkey, etc.)? How much support do you think such proposal would receive? I'm thinking about building a team that covers that area, from ensuring that Dash is listed in major exchanges, basic awareness and understanding of Dash exists and adoption (investment and currency usage) increases.

[Discord Thread] #pre-proposal
[Discord Thread] #MNOs

Last edited:
Copied from the Discord thread:

I agree wholeheartedly with comments in the Discord pre-proposal discussion. I would add that this is pushing adoption hard on a region based on a thesis alone (e.g. "I know they need us so badly") and hoping someone takes the mantle locally/regionally with the promise of the Dash treasury subscription plan. Afraid it will be the same poor and scattered results like we see elsewhere. Spray and pray proposals don't work.

IMO our focus should be:
1) DCG and Incubator Devs --> world-changing technology for commerce
2) Outward Leadership & Marketing
3) Better Economic Incentives
4) DIF investments

The conversation is happening here and on the Discord channels. Based on feedback that I received so far I plan to prepare a detailed proposal which is backed by more data, which may take a few days to two weeks.

Last edited:
Can you point us to your linked-in profile?

I'd like to keep my anonymity (at least for now). Is revealing the identity required for submitting proposals? The idea is to keep everything super transparent and produce measurable results.

Last edited:
I'd like to keep my anonymity (at least for now). Is revealing the identity required for submitting proposals? The idea is to keep everything super transparent and produce measurable results.

Not a requirement but if you're facing hundreds of node owners and asking for money, what do you think? How else are you going to build trust? You think a promise to submit to Dash Watch will save you? - it won't. I don't even bother with Dash Watch and I haven't voted for them in a long time.

I like the idea of outreach in arabic but I don't know who's going to verify and vouch for the content? Do we have any node owners fluent in arabic?

Two questions:
1\ What are the reasons?
2\ What would you do or suggest for (significantly) increasing the Dash network size?
I gave you suggestions on this in the discord, but reasons are past experience DASH.region is not successful. It needs to be organic and come from a place with passion and even then I would wonder what the money is for, if you believe in DASH and have bags, it is in your own best interest to pump it. To grow DASH first we need something that people want, ideally a useful network that solves problems that people have, then we need to build a community around it, `HEX` is a good example of how a community was built, as far as I know it did not involve funding, although it did involve an already well-known charismatic leader.

That said, enquiring into the state of mind of Evan Duffield and seeing if he is ready/capable to go back on the crypto circuit and promote DASH would be a good thing for us to do as it would bring the attention back onto this coin again. Anyway, none of these things require funding, they just require people will a passion to devote some of their time for evangelism of DASH.

Take a look at thugs like Tone Vays and Jimmy Song, who is paying them to preach about Bitcoin? No one, but they do because it is good for them to do so. Just because DASH has a DAO doesn't mean we should rely on it for everything. Can't we still build a community without it ?

I don't even bother with Dash Watch and I haven't voted for them in a long time.

Dashwatch handles and reports on our elections for trust protectors and DIF supervisors. For that reason alone they should be funded. And their reports CAN be useful as evidence for or against DFOs. I see them as a work in progress.

`HEX` is a good example of how a community was built, as far as I know it did not involve funding, although it did involve an already well-known charismatic leader.

IMHO with regards to HEX, you are mistaking a huckster who is currently in hiding for a "charismatic leader." And you are confusing community with bag holders.

Dashwatch handles and reports on our elections for trust protectors and DIF supervisors. For that reason alone they should be funded. And their reports CAN be useful as evidence for or against DFOs. I see them as a work in progress.

They suck up approximately 60 dash per month and it's been much higher in the past. Imo it's too expensive, always has been.

Back