• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal Dash Messaging Eco-System

Would you vote for this proposal

• Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

• I would like some additional information first.

• Total voters
Tbh, at this point I can't see you reaching those targets, and losing equity when you fail would just dis-incentivise you further.

Thank you for your concern.

Perhaps turning it around? Drop the valuation by half, and if we achieve those targets, we get an option to earn some back?
Then it is an incentive to achieve them, which would be nice for everyone.

I'm just trying to find the happy medium which i can go an present to the other guys in the team.
Pretty sure morals will be high if we can secure a deal with Dash, a potential future performance upside is always welcome.

What do you think?

Regards
Will

When and why did you choose to use dash?
I notice you list mile stones what if we have core act as escrow or you do a single month proposal to get you to milestone 1. Show proof you hit it then create another proposal for a month to reach milestone 2. And so on.
Are your other vC backers only providing money or are the providing other stuff to. Are they receiving equity or is it a loan? Wondering from looking at your comments seem to be conflicting.
Also th 1 mill from founders does that include the money raised from 100+ friends?

Dear Ftoole,

When and why did you choose to use dash?
As you will see, we initially started looking into an ICO of our own. We met Ryan at the Dash conference in London, when we realized we need to go this route.

I notice you list mile stones what if we have core act as escrow or you do a single month proposal to get you to milestone 1. Show proof you hit it then create another proposal for a month to reach milestone 2. And so on.

Would be a good choice, the problem is that we already submitted the proposal and we understand it cannot be altered. So have proposed that on DashCentral also.

Are your other vC backers only providing money or are the providing other stuff to. Are they receiving equity or is it a loan? Wondering from looking at your comments seem to be conflicting.

VC is Primarily for funding. it is Equity. Obviously we would prefer to avoid engaging VC in the future if we can avoid it, but as you know businesses need cashflow to move forward.

Also the 1 mill from founders does that include the money raised from 100+ friends?

Yes the founders total is about £1.4m of which about 200k was from friends etc.
So they have small stakes, but loads of value to get the word out :)

Hope this helps?

Kind regards
Will

Last edited:
I would like to suggest something.

The dash community has recently switched favor from Slack to Discord. Your app has groups, right? Soooo... why don't you build a dash specific app that really fine tunes all the things we want.. a discord killer. Build a dash wallet into the app, because tipping good posts and comments would be awesome! Add third-party plugins. Then, when the time is right, you could submit a proposal to generalize the app for other groups and mainstream adoption. You would get an instant yes because by that time our community app would be a roaring success. Put "Dash" in the app name and bingo!

I would like to suggest something.

The dash community has recently switched favor from Slack to Discord. Your app has groups, right? Soooo... why don't you build a dash specific app that really fine tunes all the things we want.. a discord killer. Build a dash wallet into the app, because tipping good posts and comments would be awesome! Add third-party plugins. Then, when the time is right, you could submit a proposal to generalize the app for other groups and mainstream adoption. You would get an instant yes because by that time our community app would be a roaring success. Put "Dash" in the app name and bingo!

Out of interest sake, is there an open source project for a Dash Wallet? Android and/or ios?

Back