• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal Dash Messaging Eco-System

Would you vote for this proposal

• Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

• I would like some additional information first.

• Total voters

Will_DD

Hi All,

We were once looking at doing an ICO of our own, then we found Dash!

In a nut shell, we founded a messaging app and social media Eco-system on the premise that Social Media is fundamentally flawed due to user privacy violations, advertising fatigue/distrust and the lack of economic value and governance for all participants.

Thus connecting corporates and consumers by focusing on activity attribution and engagement via chat. The technology can be leveraged to add meaningful value to text and media interactions where goods, services and knowledge can now be transacted and monetized seamlessly into chat, rewarding the contributor and consumer (end user) as well as the corporates and create experiential micro currency across the Dash platform.

The reason for choosing crypto is the global scale and border-less benefits it brings.

The reason we chose Dash over other crypto currencies or even an ICO of our own is that we see many similarities in our vision. This way we get to focus on what we need to achieve to make this project great, knowing our partner has our back.

We hereby approach the Dash community to seek some advise, guidance and input to help us to unlocking some finance as well as building a community.

As you can appreciate, projects of this magnitude require sizeable investment, budgeted at £5 million, of which the founders have contributed £1m already, we have 3 VC and Private investors who would match the same, provided Dash comes on board and we are therefore looking to the Dash community for a 20% (£1 million) contribution to help us finish the application (90% complete) and take it to market.

Please find in the links below our white paper (document highlighting how Dash will interact and fit into chat).

We welcome your inputs and trust you see the same synergy in working together.

Kind regards
Will

In a nut shell, we founded a messaging app and social media Eco-system on the premise that Social Media is fundamentally flawed due to user privacy violations, advertising fatigue/distrust and the lack of economic value and governance for all participants.

Voting NO. Just use telegram, it's free. Also it doesn't have anything to do with what Dash is doing or will do in the future.

Voting NO. Just use telegram, it's free. Also it doesn't have anything to do with what Dash is doing or will do in the future.

Dear RGXDK,
First of all, thank you very much for your reply.
Needless to say that a no vote triggers a sinking feeling.

Please allow me to explain that whilst you are right, there are many messaging apps, DappDapp is not just a messaging app, but so much more!

Perhaps let me give you an example of what we see our partnership being able to do that no other crypto or messaging app currently can.

Let's say in Africa (where my roots are) an average man wants to go on a Taxi ride, but he is nervous about the ride.
He now wants to pay for accidental cover or life cover for the two hour trip home.
(This is a real example as we have an insurer willing to offer this kind of product)

Let's say the premium is 10c per hour trip, for $1000 death/accident cover.
The question is, how does someone pay 10c to an insurer?

You can't do it with traditional banking as the fees for a transaction of that size is not viable, crypto is difficult even the transaction fees on crypto is not favourable for such small transactions.
The insurer cannot trigger a debit order or accurately track it with current systems available out there?
But there is a market, because there are millions of people taking taxi rides each day.

Now what if the person does not have 10c to pay for the taxi ride?
1. He/she could watch a few opt in adverts, or campaigns, pre-funded by advertisers, using Dash. The client then gets paid for watching the Adverts and uses those rewards to take out the insurance cover.

An advertiser could even through proximity sensor engage clients and offer such products, say within a radius of the taxi rank.

We have many other use cases and i can fill many pages as I am so Passionate about this.

I do understand that you said no and I respect your answer.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

Have a great day!

your whitepaper sounds very promising, you should split the million in 3 or 4 parts to get this through

Dear Raptor73,
I really appreciate the advise, thank you!

Allen (my co-founder) met Ryan at the Dash conference and he suggested the same.

Should we be successful in seeking the communities buy in, what would make more sense, 4 payments or 12?

We don't want to give the core team too much of an administrative headache to deal with.

Ryan also mentioned exclusivity for Dash as payments platform, which we are happy with.

Do you have any other suggestions?

your whitepaper sounds very promising, you should split the million in 3 or 4 parts to get this through and you should join our discord chat
hm, 12 payments sounds you need a year to finish your product. If so, the community would love to see some kind of monthly updates, product screenshots or similar. The product is 90% finish?

Dear Raptor73,
No we are luckily not 12 months away.
You can actually download DappDapp now from Google Play or the App Store to get a feel for it.

We aim to complete the Dash integration by end January 2018.

The reason i suggested 12 months as an option was that, in securing funding from Dash, we have VC and private investors who would match the investment as mentioned above.

So basically, if Dash preferred to do it monthly, over a longer period, we could utilize more of the private investor funds in the meantime.

Trusts this makes sense?

Kind regards
Will

@RGXDK has a history of interjecting and putting down pre-proposals. He's also recently declared that Africa is not worth investment because of a low IQ. Needless to say, such a narrow and derogatory point of view does not reflect the overall view here.

@RGXDK has a history of interjecting and putting down pre-proposals. He's also recently declared that Africa is not worth investment because of a low IQ. Needless to say, such a narrow and derogatory point of view does not reflect the overall view here.

Dear GrandMasterDash,
Thank you for your support, I appreciate and understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and would hate to cause friction of any sort..

There are many similar opportunities in Africa and beyond, I can understand why many people consider lower value transactions as a waste of time.

But imagine a celebrity could share a crazy selfie and sell it to fans for the equivalent of 1 cent with proceeds going to charity.
If millions of people buy an image for 1 cent, we can change lives.

This would draw celebrities, fans and many other interested parties.

I would like to believe that the world has a lot of good in them, no-one minds sending 1 cent for a worthy cause, especially if the 1c was earned by watching an opt in advert or two.

But there is no platform that i know of where you send 1c globally?

We can make this happen!

I can't comment too much about this proposal because I haven't / won't install the app; for me, the app permission list is way too invasive. I can see why such permissions are required but it's just not for me. But to be clear, I am excited for any messenger-like service that incorporates dash.

For this proposal, I think it would be useful if there was a video specifically for MNOs. In particular, I would like to see how you compare to WeChat, or indeed other offerings that are springing up. Kik Mesenger, for example, received a $50M investment from Tencent and I wonder how you feel you can compete in such an environment.

Also, I would rename "ddapps" to something else, it just doesn't roll-off the tongue smoothly. Elsewhere, I haven't seen a name for 0.00001 denominations but off the top of my head, I would say "ticks" or "drops" might be a better choice.

@Will_DD
The scenario you're describing doesn't exist in any first world country and I don't imagine anywhere in Africa being an early adopter. Still voting NO.

@GrandMasterDash
ad hominem doesn't get you anywhere, it just makes you look petty and irrelevant. If you disagree with something I say don't attack me, refute with counter arguments.

@GrandMasterDash
ad hominem doesn't get you anywhere, it just makes you look petty and irrelevant. If you disagree with something I say don't attack me, refute with counter arguments.

Whatever. You make yourself look stupid every time you put value in stupid generalizations about Africa.

But tell me, what do you know about this space? Have you ever experienced WeChat in action? From your initial 25 word response, I'd say you haven't a clue what you're talking about, especially when you praise telegram so highly.

Whatever. You make yourself look stupid every time you put value in stupid generalizations about Africa.
But tell me, what do you know about this space? Have you ever experienced WeChat in action? From your initial 25 word response, I'd say you haven't a clue what you're talking about, especially when you praise telegram so highly.

^^^ when you still can't bring any relevant arguments to the topic and your only option is to double up on ad hominem... :)

I can't comment too much about this proposal because I haven't / won't install the app; for me, the app permission list is way too invasive. I can see why such permissions are required but it's just not for me. But to be clear, I am excited for any messenger-like service that incorporates dash.

For this proposal, I think it would be useful if there was a video specifically for MNOs. In particular, I would like to see how you compare to WeChat, or indeed other offerings that are springing up. Kik Mesenger, for example, received a $50M investment from Tencent and I wonder how you feel you can compete in such an environment.

Also, I would rename "ddapps" to something else, it just doesn't roll-off the tongue smoothly. Elsewhere, I haven't seen a name for 0.00001 denominations but off the top of my head, I would say "ticks" or "drops" might be a better choice.

Dear GrandMasterDash,
Thank you for your feedback, i take your suggestions on board.

The privacy settings and user permissions are a nightmare, but as you rightfully pointed out, we have no choice with the App stores.

To Dapp is to greet someone with the knocking of fists, like a slang name for a fist bump, DappDapp evolved from the concept of knock knock.
One would say: "When i get to the door, i will knock"
but then getting to the door, we end up saying knock knock, thus DappDapp :)

ddapp came from Dash Digital Advertising and Payments Platform.
The reason it is written in small letters, is that we see it as a micro version of Dash.
Thus ddapp is to Dash as cents are to Dollars.

We are open to suggestions, but would like to somehow maintain the reference to Dash as ultimately that is what it is.

The challenge is, you would not say i'm going to send you 500 cents, you will say i will send you 5 Dollars.
For the same token you will not say, the product is really cheap, just 0,00005 Dash, but rather 5 ddapp.
So kind of a hard one, which is why we use the added "d" in ddapp when referring to the micro Dash in DappDapp.

The reason they are so small is that we specifically target micro transactions, from the screenshots, you will see that the matching Dash value and Dollar value will be displayed allowing users to transact easily.

As for the Video specifically for MNOs, we will get started with it right away, thank you for that!

Have a great day!

Attachments

• ddapp.png
    ddapp.png
    996.6 KB · Views: 155
@Will_DD
The scenario you're describing doesn't exist in any first world country and I don't imagine anywhere in Africa being an early adopter. Still voting NO.

@GrandMasterDash

Dear RGXDK,
Once again, your feedback is appreciated.

I attached a document from a company we have spoken to in the UK, they are related to a company doing educational content and which has a database of 10 million consumers.

They see an opportunity in selling low value content through our app.

Although you may still vote no, at least you prompted me to answer questions other masternodes may have... hopefully i can get a yes from them :)

Kind regards
Will

Attachments

• DappDapp-Texuna.17.09.15..pdf
    69.9 KB · Views: 146
@Will_DD

Where are those 10 million consumers coming from? They're consumers of what exactly? You'd do much better if your proposal is clearer. This Texuna company is from Ireland, what does it have to do with Africa?

What exactly are you asking the network to fund?
What exactly is your company doing and how will it benefit Dash?
What is your target audience?
Who are you and your team and why should we trust you, not only in your honesty but in your competence?

There is plenty of money here, you just have to push the right buttons.

Dear GrandMasterDash,
Thank you for your feedback, i take your suggestions on board.

The privacy settings and user permissions are a nightmare, but as you rightfully pointed out, we have no choice with the App stores.

To Dapp is to greet someone with the knocking of fists, like a slang name for a fist bump, DappDapp evolved from the concept of knock knock.
One would say: "When i get to the door, i will knock"
but then getting to the door, we end up saying knock knock, thus DappDapp :)

ddapp came from Dash Digital Advertising and Payments Platform.
The reason it is written in small letters, is that we see it as a micro version of Dash.
Thus ddapp is to Dash as cents are to Dollars.

We are open to suggestions, but would like to somehow maintain the reference to Dash as ultimately that is what it is.

The challenge is, you would not say i'm going to send you 500 cents, you will say i will send you 5 Dollars.
For the same token you will not say, the product is really cheap, just 0,00005 Dash, but rather 5 ddapp.
So kind of a hard one, which is why we use the added "d" in ddapp when referring to the micro Dash in DappDapp.

The reason they are so small is that we specifically target micro transactions, from the screenshots, you will see that the matching Dash value and Dollar value will be displayed allowing users to transact easily.

As for the Video specifically for MNOs, we will get started with it right away, thank you for that!

Have a great day!

I have no problems with micro transactions, I'm all for it. But while I understand the explanation for "ddapp" and how it associates with your company name / function, I am saying, imo, the name is too clumsy for widespread adoption. If you could move to a shorter more generic name then maybe other apps would go with it.. in the same way we have facebook "likes" but not exclusive to facebook.

I have no problems with micro transactions, I'm all for it. But while I understand the explanation for "ddapp" and how it associates with your company name / function, I am saying, imo, the name is too clumsy for widespread adoption. If you could move to a shorter more generic name then maybe other apps would go with it.. in the same way we have facebook "likes" but not exclusive to facebook.

I hear you, thank you very much!

@Will_DD

Where are those 10 million consumers coming from? They're consumers of what exactly? You'd do much better if your proposal is clearer. This Texuna company is from Ireland, what does it have to do with Africa?

Who are you and your team and why should we trust you, not only in your honesty but in your competence?

There is plenty of money here, you just have to push the right buttons.

Dear RGXDK,

"Where are those 10 million consumers coming from? They're consumers of what exactly? You'd do much better if your proposal is clearer. This Texuna company is from Ireland, what does it have to do with Africa?"

They are spread globally offering educational content, like online courses.
This use case has nothing to do with Africa in particular. Africa is just where i come from and the example i used was an African one as we have an African insurer who is keen to explore this further once we have Dash integrated.
Did you manage to look at the whitepaper document?

Marketing, development and acquisition costs, which will be more elaborated on.

We are a social media/messaging platform with an Eco-system built on Dash, thus:
1. Getting more people onto Dash, through our app, educating them slowly, before having to learn about hashes and crypto terms.
2. Creating Transaction volumes, although our aim is micro, many of them form big transactions which will then be passed to more tangible Wallets etc.
3. Expanding and simplifying the footprint.

Messaging is very wide and many people have a need to transact.
You may have seen that WeChat integrates with fiat in sending payments in chat, we aim to do the same with Dash.
As a starting point we target small communities, like schools as an example, to get the school to communicate, vote in polls and also spend accumulated rewards in the tuck shop. So the aim is smaller communities, but more comprehensive solutions.

We have put brief bios in the whitepaper, but will be sending more information through.

Thank you for your questions, i will revert with more comprehensive responses asap.

Back